PPP: Gay marriage has wide support in Maryland
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 09:43:03 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Gubernatorial/State Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  PPP: Gay marriage has wide support in Maryland
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: PPP: Gay marriage has wide support in Maryland  (Read 2242 times)
JohnnyLongtorso
Junior Chimp

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: May 24, 2012, 04:42:10 PM »

http://www.publicpolicypolling.com/main/2012/05/maryland-polling-memo.html

You must be logged in to read this quote.
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2012, 12:26:37 PM »

Hahah remember when people thought Obama's gay marriage stance would lose him the black vote?
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2012, 05:59:04 PM »

Hahah remember when people thought Obama's gay marriage stance would lose him the black vote?

Please don't tell me someone actually thought that!
The world will shine with light in our nightmare
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -7.48

P P P

« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2012, 06:17:33 PM »

But I thought same-sex marriage always fails when it's a direct vote of the people. Roll Eyes
krazen1211
Junior Chimp

« Reply #4 on: May 25, 2012, 06:50:26 PM »

But I thought same-sex marriage always fails when it's a direct vote of the people. Roll Eyes

Of course. We just saw that recently. Congrats though on winning at a ppp poll!
Svensson
NVTownsend

« Reply #5 on: May 25, 2012, 07:39:28 PM »

Of course.

Sorry, bro. Dumb and cowed though they may be, the majority of Americans are not the fundamentalist crypto-fascists you seem to like to think they are.
krazen1211
Junior Chimp

« Reply #6 on: May 25, 2012, 08:22:25 PM »
« Edited: May 26, 2012, 02:15:31 AM by Joe Republic »

Of course.

Sorry, bro. Dumb and cowed though they may be, the majority of Americans are not the fundamentalist crypto-fascists you seem to like to think they are.

At the ballot box the majority of votes have been cast in favor of heterosexual marriage.
Holmes
Atlas Icon
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -5.74

« Reply #7 on: May 25, 2012, 08:30:47 PM »

"Normal marriage" is whatever the gouvernment defines it to be. Changes when passing state lines or country borders. I think the term you're looking for is "status quo".
Svensson
NVTownsend

« Reply #8 on: May 25, 2012, 09:45:02 PM »

Of course.

At the ballot box the majority of votes have been cast in favor of normal marriage.

Regrettably, the vast majority of those were cast in stupid states. Also, forgive me if I don't subscribe to the same definition of "normal" as a man who refers to the world's most successful fantasy novel for how he should judge people.
The world will shine with light in our nightmare
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -7.48

P P P

« Reply #9 on: May 25, 2012, 10:18:45 PM »

"Not normal."

"Not normal."
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix
E: -7.38, S: -8.36

« Reply #10 on: May 25, 2012, 10:26:30 PM »

Maine will also gay marriage on the ballot.  Washington likely will. California wussed out, the next chance is November 2014.
World politics is up Schmitt creek
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #11 on: May 25, 2012, 10:30:08 PM »

Of course.

At the ballot box the majority of votes have been cast in favor of normal marriage.

Regrettably, the vast majority of those were cast in stupid states. Also, forgive me if I don't subscribe to the same definition of "normal" as a man who refers to the world's most successful fantasy novel for how he should judge people.

Actually, if he refers to it, he does so really poorly. I'm actually yet to be convinced that krazen is particularly religious, at least not genuinely so.
Svensson
NVTownsend

« Reply #12 on: May 25, 2012, 10:45:07 PM »

Of course.

Actually, if he refers to it, he does so really poorly. I'm actually yet to be convinced that krazen is particularly religious, at least not genuinely so.

I hold out hope that he's just a really, really transparent troll.
timothyinMD

« Reply #13 on: May 26, 2012, 11:19:26 AM »

I'm voting yes on gay marriage if I still live in Md on election day.

One of the biggest opponents of gay marriage in Md is bigoted black state delegate Emmitt Burns.
TJ in Oregon
TJ in Cleve
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.13, S: 6.96

« Reply #14 on: May 26, 2012, 11:28:39 AM »

One of the biggest opponents of gay marriage in Md is bigoted black state delegate Emmitt Burns.

So you support gay marriage because some state senator you don't like is against it? Am I reading this wrong?
nclib
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #15 on: May 26, 2012, 03:28:30 PM »

Isn't Maryland the first referendum where 'yes' is the pro-gay marriage vote?

Holmes
Atlas Icon
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -5.74

« Reply #16 on: May 26, 2012, 05:17:00 PM »

So you support gay marriage because some state senator you don't like is against it? Am I reading this wrong?

I don't think that's what he said.
Alcon
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #17 on: May 26, 2012, 05:47:49 PM »

You seem to be combining these two sentences into one and inserting the word "because," so...yeah.

Yes, and both Maryland and Washington will be that way this year (or, in the case of Washington, "Approved" is the pro-gay marriage vote.)  Maine too, I think?, if they're voting on it.
Vazdul (Formerly Chairman of the Communist Party of Ontario)
Vazdul
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #18 on: May 26, 2012, 05:56:32 PM »

That's not what he said. He said he's voting for gay marriage, then he took a potshot (albeit probably a somewhat deserved one) at a state delegate he doesn't like.
timothyinMD

« Reply #19 on: May 26, 2012, 08:03:51 PM »

I am voting PRO gay marriage rights if I live in Md come November.

An aside:  Black Democrat State Delegate Emmitt Burns is a bigot and he is a primary instigator of the drive to overturn the new law.  The anti-gay marriage rights crowd cuts both ways.  Obama likes to trash Mitt Romney for having "backwards" views on marriage.  I'd like to see him call up Emmitt Burns and inform him about how backward his views are.

Kevin
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #20 on: May 26, 2012, 09:21:57 PM »
« Edited: May 27, 2012, 01:38:36 AM by Kevin »

An aside:  Black Democrat State Delegate Emmitt Burns is a bigot and he is a primary instigator of the drive to overturn the new law.  The anti-gay marriage rights crowd cuts both ways.  Obama likes to trash Mitt Romney for having "backwards" views on marriage.  I'd like to see him call up Emmitt Burns and inform him about how backward his views are.

Call me skeptical but if this actually came up for a direct referendum vote in MD today I actually think it would fail.

Outside of Montgomery, Howard, and maybe Baltimore counties. Much of Maryland's demographics are hostile to Gay Marriage.

Despite what the poll's say I can't see the blacks in PG, Charles County, or Baltimore City supporting gay marriage despite whatever Obama may endorse. The same case goes for the Rednecks/retirees living on the Eastern Shore, and in Western/Central Maryland. Keep in mind in addition to those demographics MD still has plenty of older white ethnic(Irish, Italian , Polish, German) blue collar types similar to those found in other Northeastern states around Baltimore and to a lesser extent other parts of the state who are going to be just as opposed to Gay Marriage as the other groups I listed above.
HappyWarrior
hannibal
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -3.87, S: -0.35

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #21 on: May 27, 2012, 05:52:57 PM »

I'm actually interviewed for the Southern Maryland Regional Field Organizer position for Marylanders for Marriage Equality and this roughly reflects where I was figuring we were on this.
Thomas D
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.84, S: -6.61

« Reply #22 on: May 28, 2012, 08:51:51 AM »

Has the wording of the ballot been released?
timothyinMD

« Reply #23 on: May 28, 2012, 12:52:14 PM »

An aside:  Black Democrat State Delegate Emmitt Burns is a bigot and he is a primary instigator of the drive to overturn the new law.  The anti-gay marriage rights crowd cuts both ways.  Obama likes to trash Mitt Romney for having "backwards" views on marriage.  I'd like to see him call up Emmitt Burns and inform him about how backward his views are.

Equal opportunity criticism.. the North Carolina REPUBLICANS who sponsored the gay marriage ban are bigots too.  That was an outrage
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies