PPP: Gay marriage has wide support in Maryland (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 08:18:32 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Gubernatorial/State Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  PPP: Gay marriage has wide support in Maryland (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: PPP: Gay marriage has wide support in Maryland  (Read 2304 times)
Kevin
Junior Chimp
United States

« on: May 26, 2012, 09:21:57 PM »
« edited: May 27, 2012, 01:38:36 AM by Kevin »

I am voting PRO gay marriage rights if I live in Md come November.

An aside:  Black Democrat State Delegate Emmitt Burns is a bigot and he is a primary instigator of the drive to overturn the new law.  The anti-gay marriage rights crowd cuts both ways.  Obama likes to trash Mitt Romney for having "backwards" views on marriage.  I'd like to see him call up Emmitt Burns and inform him about how backward his views are.

Call me skeptical but if this actually came up for a direct referendum vote in MD today I actually think it would fail.

Outside of Montgomery, Howard, and maybe Baltimore counties. Much of Maryland's demographics are hostile to Gay Marriage.

Despite what the poll's say I can't see the blacks in PG, Charles County, or Baltimore City supporting gay marriage despite whatever Obama may endorse. The same case goes for the Rednecks/retirees living on the Eastern Shore, and in Western/Central Maryland. Keep in mind in addition to those demographics MD still has plenty of older white ethnic(Irish, Italian , Polish, German) blue collar types similar to those found in other Northeastern states around Baltimore and to a lesser extent other parts of the state who are going to be just as opposed to Gay Marriage as the other groups I listed above.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies