Scottish Independence Referendum - 18 September 2014 (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 11:31:50 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  International Elections (Moderators: afleitch, Hash)
  Scottish Independence Referendum - 18 September 2014 (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Scottish Independence Referendum - 18 September 2014  (Read 146821 times)
Swedish Rainbow Capitalist Cheese
JOHN91043353
YaBB God
Sweden

« on: April 24, 2013, 06:08:42 AM »

That's a very opptimistic estimate.

JOHN91043353
YaBB God
Sweden

« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2013, 04:23:24 PM »

Do that again and you're banned from the forum.

FREEDOM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I wouldn't antagonize Al in that way if I were you...
Besides, as a Scottish person, shouldn't you detest that horrible exscuse of utter historicly-incorrect Mel Gibson narcissistic garbage? Tongue
JOHN91043353
YaBB God
Sweden

« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2014, 03:14:42 PM »

Sorry if this has been brought up before, but has there been much discussion about what Scottish independence would mean for the Labor Party in Westminster, if they lost a huge base of support and seats due to losing Scotland?

It has, and the answer is that Scotland has too few seats to make a difference except in the most close elections. It won't lead to eternal Torie dominance forever. The real Labour base is Northern England, so unless Manchester and Liverpool suddenly want to become independent, left-wing Englishmen have nothing to fear.  

In difference to what Jerry said , it's not really like losing the entire West coast. Scotland doesn't even hold 10% of the UK population... 

Sure it'll make it harder, but not that much harder.
JOHN91043353
YaBB God
Sweden

« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2014, 12:49:31 PM »

Better Together's is here and Yes Scotland is here.

The Better Together one is rather lame, but the Scotland Yes one is probably one of the most obnoxious political ads I've seen. If it was any more in your face about and cheesy about its message it would be dangerous to people's health.
JOHN91043353
YaBB God
Sweden

« Reply #4 on: August 08, 2014, 06:26:51 AM »

For those who don't know, this is the link everyone is talking about.

Quite an interesting reflection on the psyche of 'entitlement' from some corners of the UK. It's like telling a woman who filed for divorce that because the husband doesn't want her to go he should be able to stop her.

Is it? They're clearly saying in that letter that the choice is Scotland's and Scotland's alone, so they're not really professing any entitled right to force Scotland to stay in the union, as far as I read it. 

Not to mention that I'm pretty sure a lot of husbands in your described scenario has asked their spouse to reconsider their decision to file for divorce, and it's not even like Scotland has even decided they want a divorce yet. So I don't really see the metaphor.     
JOHN91043353
YaBB God
Sweden

« Reply #5 on: September 08, 2014, 08:07:02 AM »

I love it when people see conspiracies everywhere. Cheesy Of course Kate and William thouroughly planned their sex-life to have a new baby on the way just a week before the referendum to make sure that their future United Kingdom stays united. There can be no ther logicall explination, especially considering the fact that Scotland will keep the monarchy no matter what. Tongue   
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies