Scottish Independence Referendum - 18 September 2014 (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 07:58:05 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  International Elections (Moderators: afleitch, Hash)
  Scottish Independence Referendum - 18 September 2014 (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Scottish Independence Referendum - 18 September 2014  (Read 146593 times)
CatoMinor
Junior Chimp
United States

« on: May 26, 2012, 01:32:56 AM »

^^^^^

I think you Scottish should center your campaign on British History with emphasis on the imperialism years, that will undoubtedly win the yes campaign votes Tongue 
CatoMinor
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2012, 08:34:05 PM »

Lets say Scotland achieves Independence: What would the political situation look like? Who would be the (main) party of the right?
SNP, duh, just as today.
I thought apart from the Independence parts on their platform they were social democrats.
CatoMinor
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2013, 12:34:16 AM »

Why is support for independence dropping? Sad the last poll I saw it at only 30% support
CatoMinor
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2014, 02:54:46 AM »

Let's suppose that independence-proponents lose narrowly in the upcoming September referendum -how much of an effect will the results have on the 2015 Scottish parliamentary elections?  Is the SNP safe regardless?   

Unless I am mistaken, the SNP won their victories despite support for independence being less than huge in the past, so I don't see a narrow loss really having that much of an impact. Considering polling over the past year, the loss being narrow could be spun as the Yes vote over performing expectations and momentum being on the side of independence. A landslide loss though would obviously be embarrassing and bad for the SNP. 
CatoMinor
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #4 on: February 14, 2014, 03:05:18 AM »

Would Scotland really have a problem with joining the Eurozone though? I was under the impression that they were more favorable towards the EU/Eurozone than the rest of the UK.
CatoMinor
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #5 on: May 16, 2014, 10:20:52 AM »

This should clearly be the alternative flag on standby in case Scotland leaves. Just remove the blue.

CatoMinor
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #6 on: June 12, 2014, 01:21:56 AM »

You must be logged in to read this quote.
http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/scottish-news/bombshell-daily-record-poll-shows-3678091#.U5knSMA1nOg.twitter
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies