Scottish Independence Referendum - 18 September 2014 (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 11:57:14 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  International Elections (Moderators: afleitch, Hash)
  Scottish Independence Referendum - 18 September 2014 (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Scottish Independence Referendum - 18 September 2014  (Read 146825 times)
True Federalist (진정한 연방 주의자)
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« on: May 29, 2012, 03:15:20 PM »

Main disadvantage is that the nicest-looking national flag gets way uglier (maybe the Scots will give up some random island to keep St. Andrew's cross in there, but that's doubtful).

You have got to be kidding.  It's an ugly and awkward flag.  About the only thing good that can be said about it is that it is not an insipid tricolor.
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2013, 06:52:05 PM »

If Britain leaves the EU, would that increase or decrease support for Scottish independence?
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2013, 01:22:12 AM »

Ugh.

Either be independent or don't.

All this half way crap is annoying.

If you're going to be independent, have your own damn head of state. Have your own money.

If you're going to be part of the UK, no more devolution of powers. It's already devolved to a ridiculous extent as it is.

It's not as if Scotland can force England to give up Elizabeth.  Of course if Charles is on the throne by then, both might be trying to stick the other with him.
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2014, 10:50:43 AM »

Would Scotland really have a problem with joining the Eurozone though? I was under the impression that they were more favorable towards the EU/Eurozone than the rest of the UK.

If they joined the Eurozone, the Scots would have even less influence over their currency than if they continued to use the British pound despite having no official say in it.
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #4 on: February 14, 2014, 06:28:54 PM »

It would probably take at least 4-5 years for them to join the euro anyway if everything went off w/o a hitch (EU membership negotiations, then spending two years as part of the ERM II).

I fail to see how Scotland could both keep the pound and be part of ERM II.  Even if only as a temporary measure, the Scottish punnd would have to be independent of the pound sterling during any transition to the Euro unless Britain were to seek to join the Euro.
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #5 on: August 31, 2014, 03:37:23 AM »

Impossible to watch as someone lodged a copyright claim on it.
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #6 on: September 01, 2014, 07:25:17 AM »

I can not be the only one to appreciate the irony of Ernest complaining about the zealous implementation of copyright law.

I wasn't complaining so much as ... okay, you got me, tho I will point out that the last few moderations I've done for copyright were because someone else reported the infringement.
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #7 on: September 15, 2014, 11:11:10 PM »

Will BBC be able to cover an election without the use of a swingometer?
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies