OH-NBC/Marist: Mandel not cracking 40%
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 06:46:41 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2012 Elections
  2012 Senatorial Election Polls
  OH-NBC/Marist: Mandel not cracking 40%
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: OH-NBC/Marist: Mandel not cracking 40%  (Read 706 times)
Miles
MilesC56
Atlas Icon
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: May 25, 2012, 11:30:31 AM »

Full report. Conducted 5/17-5/20. 1103 RV.

With Leaners:
Brown (D)- 51%
Mandel (R)- 37%
Unsure- 12%

Without Leaners:
Brown (D)- 47%
Mandel (R)- 34%
Unsure- 18%
The world will shine with light in our nightmare
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -7.48

P P P

« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2012, 11:51:33 AM »

Dominating.
Miles
MilesC56
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2012, 12:04:38 PM »

Yes! 'Nice to have that word used in a proper context!
morgieb
Junior Chimp
Australia

Political Matrix
E: -7.87, S: -8.70

« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2012, 05:58:24 PM »

Finally a poll with a significant Brown lead, but then again NBC polls have a Democratic lean.
RogueBeaver
Atlas Star
Canada
« Reply #4 on: May 25, 2012, 06:35:15 PM »

PPP and Q both have Brown's lead at about half that.
TJ in Oregon
TJ in Cleve
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.13, S: 6.96

« Reply #5 on: May 25, 2012, 11:00:19 PM »

Hmm... the last couple polls have shown this a little closer and I'm not sure of any real reason why Mandel's support is suddenly dropping. Maybe this is just noise.

Then again I haven't seen any Mandel commercials the last couple weeks so perhaps the folks have forgotten that man they briefly saw on TV putting his boots on Tongue

Many Republicans hope for this race to eventually tighten, but I doubt it absent something unexpected happening in the nation scene or in this race specificially. Sherrod Brown is somewhat related to the mold of the type of Ohio Democrats whom I occasionally vote for; Brown is too far left for my tastes but his politics are of the right strain and he is vocal on the right issues for an Ohio Democrat. I wrote Sherrod Brown a lovely letter a few months ago and he replied quickly. His response was full of lovely bits semi-related to what I wrote him about, enough to entice and endear many voters I expect; yet it was still a "Thanks for your opinion" even though I'm going to completely ignore it type of response. Basically, Sherrod Brown is a good politician and while he is extremely liberal, he comes across as competent and calm to the voters.

Brown is a very skilled politician (at least on the state level) and Mandel is going to need to come up with something more convincing that whatever he has shown so far to win the election.
freepcrusher
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #6 on: May 25, 2012, 11:11:18 PM »

Hmm... the last couple polls have shown this a little closer and I'm not sure of any real reason why Mandel's support is suddenly dropping. Maybe this is just noise.

Then again I haven't seen any Mandel commercials the last couple weeks so perhaps the folks have forgotten that man they briefly saw on TV putting his boots on Tongue

Many Republicans hope for this race to eventually tighten, but I doubt it absent something unexpected happening in the nation scene or in this race specificially. Sherrod Brown is somewhat related to the mold of the type of Ohio Democrats whom I occasionally vote for; Brown is too far left for my tastes but his politics are of the right strain and he is vocal on the right issues for an Ohio Democrat. I wrote Sherrod Brown a lovely letter a few months ago and he replied quickly. His response was full of lovely bits semi-related to what I wrote him about, enough to entice and endear many voters I expect; yet it was still a "Thanks for your opinion" even though I'm going to completely ignore it type of response. Basically, Sherrod Brown is a good politician and while he is extremely liberal, he comes across as competent and calm to the voters.

Brown is a very skilled politician (at least on the state level) and Mandel is going to need to come up with something more convincing that whatever he has shown so far to win the election.

Brown is kind of like the reincarnate of Howard Metzenbaum
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies