IN-Rasmussen: Mourdock, Donnelly tied
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 06:19:51 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2012 Elections
  2012 Senatorial Election Polls
  IN-Rasmussen: Mourdock, Donnelly tied
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: IN-Rasmussen: Mourdock, Donnelly tied  (Read 2772 times)
Miles
MilesC56
Atlas Icon
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: May 25, 2012, 12:48:03 PM »

Full Report.

Mourdock (R)- 42%
Donnelly (D)- 42%

I'd say this is decidedly good news for Team D, considering the source.
Tender Branson
Mark Warner 08
Atlas Institution
Austria

Political Matrix
E: -6.06, S: -4.84

« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2012, 12:54:29 PM »

Because of Indiana's no-computer-polling law:

You must be logged in to read this quote.
morgieb
Junior Chimp
Australia

Political Matrix
E: -7.87, S: -8.70

« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2012, 05:57:40 PM »

Very nice.
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.26, S: -4.52

P P P
« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2012, 11:43:40 PM »

Well, according to the Indiana political expert of the forum, Mourdock has this easily in the bag, so Democrats shouldn't get their hopes up.

The world will shine with light in our nightmare
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -7.48

P P P

« Reply #4 on: May 26, 2012, 12:38:00 AM »

16% undecided, though?
morgieb
Junior Chimp
Australia

Political Matrix
E: -7.87, S: -8.70

« Reply #5 on: May 26, 2012, 12:46:30 AM »

Not that surprising IMO - neither of them are that well known iirc.
Miles
MilesC56
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #6 on: May 26, 2012, 01:38:27 AM »

Not that surprising IMO - neither of them are that well known iirc.

In the only other poll I've seen, Donnelly has 40% name recognition and Mourdock has 73%.

Voters who know Donnelly view him favorably though; he's at +16 compared to Mourdock's -1.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #7 on: May 26, 2012, 06:46:09 AM »

Well, according to the Indiana political expert of the forum, Mourdock has this easily in the bag, so Democrats shouldn't get their hopes up.

Roll Eyes

1) Enlighten us as to who said this was "in the bag." And when you inevitably say it was me, you better produce the quotes that show me saying it won't even be a contest.

2) Try reading the part of this thread that points out how the poll was done online. Thanks for playing.
ZuWo
YaBB God
Switzerland

« Reply #8 on: May 26, 2012, 08:56:43 AM »

I'm not an expert in this race but I suppose that once the influence of the rather divisive Republican primary has worn off, Mourdock's numbers will go up. Republican Lugar supporters who now threaten to support Donnelly are probably going to cast their vote for Mourdock at the end of the day. Indeed, a similar development can be observed in the Republican presidential primary.
TJ in Oregon
TJ in Cleve
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.13, S: 6.96

« Reply #9 on: May 26, 2012, 10:38:41 AM »

I'm not an expert in this race but I suppose that once the influence of the rather divisive Republican primary has worn off, Mourdock's numbers will go up. Republican Lugar supporters who now threaten to support Donnelly are probably going to cast their vote for Mourdock at the end of the day. Indeed, a similar development can be observed in the Republican presidential primary.

The main difference is that in the presidential election, most of those dissappointed Republican primary voters can't stand President Obama and only need to wait for Obama to say something that makes them mad before they will support Mitt Romney. Joe Donnelly is not President Obama. He is much, much more palatable to Republicans. Few Republican voters are going to get all wound up to go out and vote against Joe Donnelly.
JohnnyLongtorso
Junior Chimp

« Reply #10 on: May 26, 2012, 12:22:20 PM »

lol Zogby Scotty
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #11 on: May 26, 2012, 03:55:57 PM »

Roll Eyes

1) Enlighten us as to who said this was "in the bag." And when you inevitably say it was me, you better produce the quotes that show me saying it won't even be a contest.

2) Try reading the part of this thread that points out how the poll was done online. Thanks for playing.

1)
Come November, this won't be one of the top competitive races.

Oh, and did we mention that this is a Dem internal? Mourdock is clearly leading.

2) Every poll that has been released on this Senate race has it tied. All polling done here indicates a very tight race on election day, which wouldn't have been the case if Lugar had won the primary. Wasted expenses that could have gone on trying to pick up Ohio, Missouri, and other swing states.

Fuzzybigfoot
YaBB God
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #12 on: May 26, 2012, 05:05:49 PM »

Mourdock should pull away with this, as long as he doesn't do anything stupid. 
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #13 on: May 26, 2012, 05:38:14 PM »

Roll Eyes

1)
Come November, this won't be one of the top competitive races.

Oh, and did we mention that this is a Dem internal? Mourdock is clearly leading.

2) Every poll that has been released on this Senate race has it tied. All polling done here indicates a very tight race on election day, which wouldn't have been the case if Lugar had won the primary. Wasted expenses that could have gone on trying to pick up Ohio, Missouri, and other swing states.

I said it wouldn't be competitive come November. That doesn't make it a slam dunk now. Candidates can pull away with a lead, tm. That's what will happen here.

And your follow up comment was especially asinine. "Polling now shows it won't be competitive on election day." Uh...wow. That's incredible spin. Polling shows the state of the race now, dude. Roll Eyes
Svensson
NVTownsend

« Reply #14 on: May 26, 2012, 06:47:38 PM »

Guys, I really do hate to be undiplomatic, but the two of you have sung this song on about eight different threads already. So...

http://www.youtube.com/embed/lVnWOUR7NQE
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #15 on: May 26, 2012, 08:22:40 PM »

Roll Eyes You were obviously implying Mourdock would handily win, which is like saying he has it in the bag. And its true - current polling suggests that the race will be a tossup on Election Day. Just like you're boldly predicting Mourdock will pull away, as someone who's actually on the ground, I tend to disagree and think it'll remain close.

I guess we'll just have to see - I strongly feel, though, that the argument can be made Republicans wouldn't be worried one bit about this race had Lugar won. He's just a better GE candidate.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #16 on: May 26, 2012, 09:59:31 PM »

Current polling shows where the race stands...currently. I'm done arguing with children.
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #17 on: May 26, 2012, 11:36:10 PM »

Current polling shows where the race stands...currently. I'm done arguing with children.
Ok. Smiley

Try and be a little more respectful of others in future debates. While I know you don't like that/me and don't think the rest of us are deserving of it, it is greatly appreciated and makes the entire forum experience more enjoyable. Please consider it, otherwise, please put me on ignore. Thanks.
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #18 on: May 27, 2012, 12:04:19 AM »

So was this post an intentional baiting of Phil or was there some other expert?? Because most of us, well, we don't understand what is going on here.

I expect a Mourdock victory.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #19 on: May 27, 2012, 09:30:26 AM »

Ok. Smiley

Try and be a little more respectful of others in future debates. While I know you don't like that/me and don't think the rest of us are deserving of it, it is greatly appreciated and makes the entire forum experience more enjoyable. Please consider it, otherwise, please put me on ignore. Thanks.

As Napoleon alluded to, don't troll in the future and then get on your high horse about respect (like uour boy Lugar did during the primary. You should know now that it doesn't work out in the end). Thanks. Smiley
Oldiesfreak1854
Atlas Icon
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #20 on: June 15, 2012, 06:55:54 PM »

I don't think Rasmussen is in the tank for Republicans.  It's too bad Lugar didn't hold on in the primary, he would've been reelected easily, and even if he was a "RINO", he still would have been better than any Democrat in the race.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies