I think I need some personal advice
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 12, 2024, 03:24:57 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Off-topic Board (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, The Mikado, YE)
  I think I need some personal advice
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3]
Author Topic: I think I need some personal advice  (Read 5913 times)
batmacumba
andrefeijao
France

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #50 on: May 28, 2012, 03:04:04 PM »

The average forumer social skills always amazes me.
LastVoter
seatown
YaBB God
Thailand

« Reply #51 on: May 29, 2012, 04:40:53 AM »

Are you friends with her boyfriend - then see bros before hoes. If not stay out. That should be the only person you would have have to consider talking to if you are a male.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.77, S: 3.48

« Reply #52 on: May 29, 2012, 09:46:32 AM »

The average forumer social skills always amazes me.

The old Atlas adage is true - the longer you spend on Atlas, the poorer your social skills are.
Okay, maybe Mike Johnson is a competent parliamentarian.
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #53 on: May 29, 2012, 12:48:57 PM »

Are you friends with her boyfriend - then see bros before hoes. If not stay out. That should be the only person you would have have to consider talking to if you are a male.

In a better world these distinctions would be entirely irrelevant to questions like this.
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: 0.39, S: -0.70

« Reply #54 on: May 29, 2012, 12:51:44 PM »

In a better world these distinctions would be entirely irrelevant to questions like this.

Yeah, that's a decidedly moronic attitude.
Хahar 🤔
Xahar
Atlas Legend
Bangladesh

Political Matrix
E: -6.77, S: 0.61

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #55 on: May 29, 2012, 12:52:44 PM »

Fecal matter.
John Dibble
Atlas Icon
Japan

« Reply #56 on: May 29, 2012, 01:42:26 PM »

If doing nothing wouldn't significantly bother you, then do nothing and let the situation play out.

If for whatever reason doing nothing would keep you up at night, then I'd talk to your female friend directly and let her know it bothers you. Let her know that you think she should either stop screwing around or break up her current relationship, because unless she's in an open relationship she's only going to end up hurting the person she's with now. Let her know after that you won't mention it again because you only wanted to get it off your chest, and that you aren't trying to dictate how she should live her life but that you just want to give her advise as a friend who respects her. Depending on her this could be taken well or be taken poorly, but again if you have to do something I think it's more respectful to talk to her directly rather than going around her back.
LastVoter
seatown
YaBB God
Thailand

« Reply #57 on: May 30, 2012, 03:15:34 AM »

I am going to ask this question - how often does a straight male have a female friend, like an actual friend, that's attractive that he doesn't want to have sex with?
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

« Reply #58 on: May 30, 2012, 03:39:02 AM »

I am going to ask this question - how often does a straight male have a female friend, like an actual friend, that's attractive that he doesn't want to have sex with?

I really hope that you're like 14 or something and not just a complete moron. Are you being serious?

If you're asking "how often does one have a sexually attractive friend that one is not sexually attracted to" then that's obviously a bit circular. But women can have plenty of qualities beyond sexual attraction.
Oakvale
oakvale
Atlas Icon
Ukraine
Political Matrix
E: -0.77, S: -4.00

« Reply #59 on: May 30, 2012, 03:43:54 AM »

I think seatown was saying that it's rare for a man to be friends with a sexually attractive woman and... not be sexually attracted to her. Which is obviously circular, yeah.
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

« Reply #60 on: May 30, 2012, 04:16:51 AM »

I think seatown was saying that it's rare for a man to be friends with a sexually attractive woman and... not be sexually attracted to her. Which is obviously circular, yeah.

Yeah, I don't see how that has any normative value (well, as we note, hardly even any descriptive value...)

If it is supposed to imply that one cannot have valued friendships with women (unless they're ugly?) then see my above comment. Tongue
Pages: 1 2 [3]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies