Mittens betrays Teabaggers, admits spending cuts would throw us into recession (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 06:24:48 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2012 Elections
  Mittens betrays Teabaggers, admits spending cuts would throw us into recession (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Mittens betrays Teabaggers, admits spending cuts would throw us into recession  (Read 6938 times)
H.E. VOLODYMYR ZELENKSYY
Alfred F. Jones
Atlas Icon
United States

« on: May 26, 2012, 08:24:08 AM »

So he wants to increase spending and lower taxes? Typical Republican. This budget mess isn't that complicated.
Okay , how would you balance the budget in one year without negatively affecting the economy?
Ending the Bush tax cuts, both on income and capital gains, and the Bush wars would be a huge step.

Don't really think you can call them "Bush wars" or "Bush tax cuts" after Obama's had 4 years to try to end them...
I partially shall concede your points on the tax cuts (though they were originally created by Bush), but Obama has, in fact, ended Iraq and has a clear strategy for ending Afghanistan, neither of which Bush came close to doing.
H.E. VOLODYMYR ZELENKSYY
Alfred F. Jones
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2012, 12:49:54 PM »

So he wants to increase spending and lower taxes? Typical Republican. This budget mess isn't that complicated.
Okay , how would you balance the budget in one year without negatively affecting the economy?
Ending the Bush tax cuts, both on income and capital gains, and the Bush wars would be a huge step.

Don't really think you can call them "Bush wars" or "Bush tax cuts" after Obama's had 4 years to try to end them...
I partially shall concede your points on the tax cuts (though they were originally created by Bush), but Obama has, in fact, ended Iraq and has a clear strategy for ending Afghanistan, neither of which Bush came close to doing.

Although he's ended Iraq, we're still in the Philippines, we're still in the Gulf of Aden/Horn of Africa, still conducting some operations in the Sahara, still a presence in Colombia, still bombing Yemen and the NWFP, and he started Libya. Overall he's been a tad better than Bush but not as good as McCain (cause with McCain the DNC would be howling from the rooftops about how terrible he is, keeping Guantanamo open and bombing Libya and whatnot, but now they're silent).
I think Memphis is talking about Iraq/Afghanistan.
H.E. VOLODYMYR ZELENKSYY
Alfred F. Jones
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2012, 10:49:13 AM »

This statement further demonstrates the fact that Romney would govern in a reasonable way and is fit to be president.
This statement also demonstrates the fact that Romney has no spine.
H.E. VOLODYMYR ZELENKSYY
Alfred F. Jones
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2012, 12:05:31 PM »

NC Yankee: No, I'm not saying that Romney doesn't have a spine for admitting that austerity is bad, I'm saying he doesn't have a spine because he explicitly stated that he would cut spending over and over in the primary, and therefore that he blatantly and repeatedly lied to Republican primary voters.

WhyteRain:
1. Yes, because Bush is known for creating the first budget surplus in decades. Oh, wait.

2. I don't think the average unemployed middle-class person is going to prefer cutting unemployment benefits to getting a job on stimulus money.

3. How does it feel to be on my ignore list?
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies