. (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 03:12:01 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2012 Elections
  . (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: .  (Read 7043 times)
TheDeadFlagBlues
Junior Chimp
Canada
« on: May 26, 2012, 06:39:11 PM »

I'd never want to associate myself with anyone who holds a moral compass that says drug use is worse than physically assaulting someone. Smoking weed and snorting coke during your adolescent years isn't a reflection of your values in the slightest. It shows that you're one out of millions who decides to use a mind-altering substance.
TheDeadFlagBlues
Junior Chimp
Canada
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2012, 06:45:18 PM »

Why is that completely subjective?

Thought it was pretty clear. Okay, I'll drop the completely, and just say that it's subjective. And what I mean by that is, that rational people can disagree on whether a 50 yr old bullying incident that occurred before someone finished puberty is worse than snorting cocaine in your early 20s while in college.

That is not subjective in the slightest. Snorting cocaine is a consumptive choice that harms no one but the individual who does it and is simply a health risk. Ethically it is hardly different that choosing to consume unhealthy food. Compare that to emotionally and physically abusing someone that contributes to years of trauma. You'd have to be vacuous follower of the worst kind of "social conservatism" (read: neanderthal logic) to believe that Romney's mistakes were worse than Obama's.
TheDeadFlagBlues
Junior Chimp
Canada
« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2012, 06:56:22 PM »

Why is that completely subjective?

Thought it was pretty clear. Okay, I'll drop the completely, and just say that it's subjective. And what I mean by that is, that rational people can disagree on whether a 50 yr old bullying incident that occurred before someone finished puberty is worse than snorting cocaine in your early 20s while in college.

That is not subjective in the slightest. Snorting cocaine is a consumptive choice that harms no one but the individual who does it and is simply a health risk. Ethically it is hardly different that choosing to consume unhealthy food. Compare that to emotionally and physically abusing someone that contributes to years of trauma. You'd have to be vacuous follower of the worst kind of "social conservatism" (read: neanderthal logic) to believe that Romney's mistakes were worse than Obama's.

Again, this is subjective. And quit ASSuming stuff. I never said which one was worse. I simply said that Obama's drug use is fair game if Romney's high school actions are. Also, not sure if you're implying I'm a neanderthal social conservative for bringing this up, but you can simply check my social score on the political compass under my user name to see that isn't the case. Again, Take your partisan blinders off and read what people say before hitting 'post'.

Did I say anything about you? No. I'm saying that in no universe is this a subjective desicion, you'd have to possess a completely skewed moral compass that is based on some strange Christian/cult (read: Mormonism) dogma for Romney's sins to be viewed as less harmful. Morality isn't 100% subjective, friend. We don't live in a relativist world; there are ethical certainties.
TheDeadFlagBlues
Junior Chimp
Canada
« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2012, 09:42:20 PM »

You must be logged in to read this quote.

You've never had to help someone come off an addiction have you? Dealing this crap should be the same as in singapore - a death sentence. And if you believe that Obama's stopped using, I have another bridge in Brooklyn to sell you.

Your obvious fetish against drug use (the death penalty? seriously?) need not be prescribed against the rest of the population.

You really believe that Obama still smokes weed or snorts coke?
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies