Forum Approval Ratings for the EU-27 Heads of State - ESTONIA
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 07:41:36 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Individual Politics (Moderator: The Dowager Mod)
  Forum Approval Ratings for the EU-27 Heads of State - ESTONIA
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Do you APPROVE or DISAPPROVE of Estonia's ...
President Toomas Hendrik Ilves (SDE) - APPROVE

President Toomas Hendrik Ilves (SDE) - DISAPPROVE

Prime Minister Andrus Ansip (RE) - APPROVE

Prime Minister Andrus Ansip (RE) - DISAPPROVE

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 12

Calculate results by number of options selected
Author Topic: Forum Approval Ratings for the EU-27 Heads of State - ESTONIA  (Read 1027 times)
Tender Branson
Mark Warner 08
Atlas Institution
Austria

Political Matrix
E: -6.06, S: -4.84

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: May 27, 2012, 01:11:04 AM »

ESTONIA:

Toomas Hendrik Ilves

Toomas Hendrik Ilves (Estonian pronunciation: [ˈtoːmɑs ˈhendrik ˈilves]; born 26 December 1953) is the fourth and current President of Estonia. He is a former diplomat and journalist, was the leader of the Social Democratic Party in the 1990s and later a member of the European Parliament. He was elected to the post by an electoral college on 23 September 2006 and his term as President began on 9 October 2006.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Toomas_Hendrik_Ilves

Andrus Ansip

Andrus Ansip (born 1 October 1956) is the current Prime Minister of Estonia, and chairman of the market liberal Estonian Reform Party (Estonian: Reformierakond).

On 31 March 2005, Ansip was charged by President Arnold Rüütel to form a government, following 24 March 2005 resignation by Prime Minister Juhan Parts. Ansip was able to form a coalition with the Centre Party and the People's Union of Estonia, which was approved by the Riigikogu on 12 April 2005. Ansip thus became Prime Minister of Estonia. He was backed by 53 out of 101 members of the Riigikogu, 40 deputies voting against. He and the ministers were inaugurated in office the next day, on 13 April.

On 4 March 2007, Ansip's Reform Party won 27 percent of the vote in the Estonian parliamentary elections, raising its mandate in the Riigikogu to 31 seats from 19. Ansip personally received over 22,500 votes. He was charged by President Toomas Hendrik Ilves to form a government. This time the Reform Party formed a coalition with the Union of Pro Patria and Res Publica (IRL) and the Social Democratic Party. His second term as Prime Minister began on 5 April 2007. In May 2009, the Social Democrats left the government, and as coalition talks with the People's Union of Estonia[citation needed] failed, it was decided to continue with a minority government of the Reform Party and IRL.

In March 2011, the Reform Party won 33 seats in the Riigikogu, remaining the largest party. He was once again charged by President Toomas Hendrik Ilves to form a government. The Reform Party continued in a coalition with the Union of Pro Patria and Res Publica. Ansip's third term as Prime Minister began on 6 April 2011, when Riigikogu approved his third cabinet.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Andrus_Ansip
Franzl
Atlas Star
Germany

« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2012, 03:54:47 AM »

Approve of both, I think. Although my knowledge of Estonia is limited...
Swedish Rainbow Capitalist Cheese
JOHN91043353
YaBB God
Sweden

« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2012, 05:39:31 AM »

Damn it Franzl, your new avatar is confusing. Tongue

Not gonna vote, but I will make a prediction. Once you have completed all 27 of these (with a few minor exceptions) all right-wing leaders will have negative approvals while all left-wing will be beloved by all.
politicus
Atlas Icon
Denmark

« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2012, 06:26:32 AM »
« Edited: May 27, 2012, 06:29:30 AM by politicus »

They seem both to be good democrats, well intended and non-corrupt, so approve of both. But my knowledge of Ansip is somewhat limited.

Sweedish Cheese has a point. I think people should generally only vote "disapprove" if that person has some truly horrible policies or you consider them incompetent and/or corrupt. Otherwise it will just be a poll of who you disagree with.  
Tender Branson
Mark Warner 08
Atlas Institution
Austria

Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: May 27, 2012, 09:32:51 AM »

Damn it Franzl, your new avatar is confusing. Tongue

Not gonna vote, but I will make a prediction. Once you have completed all 27 of these (with a few minor exceptions) all right-wing leaders will have negative approvals while all left-wing will be beloved by all.

Ansip for example is a right-winger and currently leads 6-3 (must be one of the exceptions ... Tongue). But yeah, this is the nature of the Forum. There are more left-wingers here than right-wingers.
Tender Branson
Mark Warner 08
Atlas Institution
Austria

Political Matrix

« Reply #5 on: May 30, 2012, 10:04:24 AM »

Poll has closed and Ilves is the 1st head of state so far with a 100% approval rating.

Ansip has a 75-25 approval rating.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies