Romney's chances in Wisconsin
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 07:58:18 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2012 Elections
  Romney's chances in Wisconsin
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3]
Author Topic: Romney's chances in Wisconsin  (Read 8926 times)
AmericanNation

Political Matrix
E: 4.90, S: 1.91

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #50 on: June 07, 2012, 11:03:47 AM »

http://campaign2012.washingtonexaminer.com/blogs/beltway-confidential/exit-poll-wi-play-november/582041

Michael Barone and I think it's pretty obvious Wisconsin is in play and the exit polls show Romney is even with Obama despite zero campaigning. 
Brittain33
brittain33
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #51 on: June 07, 2012, 11:49:43 AM »

http://campaign2012.washingtonexaminer.com/blogs/beltway-confidential/exit-poll-wi-play-november/582041

Michael Barone and I think it's pretty obvious Wisconsin is in play and the exit polls show Romney is even with Obama despite zero campaigning.  

"Zero campaigning" - Wisconsin was one of the major primary battlegrounds. Was Romney there for that?

Barone is not what he once was and has a significant Republican bias.
Tender Branson
Mark Warner 08
Atlas Institution
Austria

Political Matrix
E: -6.06, S: -4.84

« Reply #52 on: June 07, 2012, 12:00:15 PM »

The Exit Poll shows Obama with 51% and Romney with 44%.

What "Exit Poll" are you talking about ?
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -4.70

« Reply #53 on: June 07, 2012, 12:32:42 PM »

Barone assumed the Exit Poll's 4% or so bias to the Dems per the actual Walker Barrett vote can be carried over to the Obama Romney figures, erasing Obama's lead. He's probably right.
Tender Branson
Mark Warner 08
Atlas Institution
Austria

Political Matrix

« Reply #54 on: June 07, 2012, 12:34:22 PM »

Barone assumed the Exit Poll's 4% or so bias to the Dems per the actual Walker Barrett vote can be carried over to the Obama Romney figures, erasing Obama's lead. He's probably right.

What 4% bias ?
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #55 on: June 07, 2012, 01:04:01 PM »

What 4% bias ?

The exit poll started off with an even race, and Walker ended up winning by 7% I think. So that is a 3.5% bias.
Tender Branson
Mark Warner 08
Atlas Institution
Austria

Political Matrix

« Reply #56 on: June 07, 2012, 01:09:13 PM »

What 4% bias ?

The exit poll started off with an even race, and Walker ended up winning by 7% I think. So that is a 3.5% bias.

Click on the link:

http://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2012/06/05/us/politics/wisconsin-recall-exit-polls.html

The final Exit Poll has Walker winning by 7 and Obama winning by 7.

You don't need to adjust it for any "bias", because these are the final results after all Exit Poll waves incl. the people who were still waiting in line when the polls closed.
DrScholl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.55, S: -3.30

« Reply #57 on: June 07, 2012, 01:12:20 PM »
« Edited: June 07, 2012, 01:15:53 PM by DrScholl »

The re-adjusted exit poll (they always re-adjust) showed the actual recall margin and Obama up 51-45, there was no additional re-adjustment needed. Earlier in the night, the spread was around 54-42 Obama, which gradually fell to the 51-45 result.
RogueBeaver
Atlas Star
Canada
« Reply #58 on: June 07, 2012, 01:13:39 PM »

He should definitely invest time and money there. Not loads of either ATM, but at least get a footprint going.
Brittain33
brittain33
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #59 on: June 07, 2012, 01:47:08 PM »

If you read Barone's piece, it's mostly handwaving and wishful thinking. Maybe Romney has a chance in WI and if the trend for Obama goes south he certainly does, but this doesn't prove it.
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #60 on: June 07, 2012, 02:29:53 PM »

The re-adjusted exit poll (they always re-adjust) showed the actual recall margin and Obama up 51-45, there was no additional re-adjustment needed. Earlier in the night, the spread was around 54-42 Obama, which gradually fell to the 51-45 result.

OK, Barone has his numbers, and you have yours. (I thought I recall the 51-45 thing as the original number, but pay me no mind; memory is the second thing to go.) So one of you is right!  Smiley
Bull Moose Base

« Reply #61 on: June 07, 2012, 02:40:27 PM »

OK, Barone has his numbers, and you have yours. (I thought I recall the 51-45 thing as the original number, but pay me no mind; memory is the second thing to go.) So one of you is right!  Smiley

I'll go with the #s of the guy who linked over the lazy who said "The Wisconsin exit poll evidently reported the race for governor in the recall ballot as 50%-50%."

I recall seeing a Bob Dole commercial for a memory pill.  Am I wrong?
True Federalist (진정한 연방 주의자)
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #62 on: June 07, 2012, 10:11:50 PM »

I'll go with the #s of the guy who linked over the lazy who said "The Wisconsin exit poll evidently reported the race for governor in the recall ballot as 50%-50%."

I recall seeing a Bob Dole commercial for a memory pill.  Am I wrong?

Dole did shill for a pill, but as I recall it was for making memories a reality again. Wink
Pages: 1 2 [3]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies