Guess how many jobs Mitt Romney has created (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 02:53:36 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2012 Elections
  Guess how many jobs Mitt Romney has created (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Guess how many jobs Mitt Romney has created
1 million or more

500,000-1 million

100,000-500,000

10,000-100,000

1,000-10,000

100-1,000

1-100

Net job loss

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 64

Author Topic: Guess how many jobs Mitt Romney has created  (Read 3095 times)
Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
Moderators
Atlas Institution
United States

« on: May 28, 2012, 08:38:11 PM »

LOL, 2 people actually voted 1 million or more? Wow, just wow.
Winfield and Politico are my guesses. I voted net job loss based on what I've heard about Bain, but I looked up the actual numbers and it's more in the 10-100K range if you includevjob creation at Staples, etc. after he left.
The numbers aren't there. But I think it's pretty obvious. Look at Staples. Look at Dominoes. I trust Romney's claims because they aren't that absurd. What's more important is that this man knows how gets things moving.
Are you taking credit, on behalf of Romney, for the jobs created in those franchises since he stopped dealing with them?

Isn't it hypocrtical to cry fowl over Romney's people taking credit for jobs that occured long after he stopped dealing with them and yet still lay blame on Romney for failures that occured after he left his position?

Also, isn't the very nature of venture capital to put money into small startup or a failing company? Therefore, if the company gets off the ground or is saved by that action, it is not so unreasonable to claim that the actions of the venture capital firm played a role in later successes because otherwise they would still be tiny or maybe not in business.

The founder of Staples painted a very bleak picture of his past experiences with other firms, before finally trying Mittens and Mittens himself turned him down at first. People weren't too keen on the concept at the time and it doesn't seem so eggrecious to say that Romeny deserves atleast some credit for their success now, by virture of being the only one to listen to the idea and give it serious consideration that others were unwilling to give.

The whole arguement over specific numbers is as ridiculous as the notion of a direct translation of business into gov't. It is not about running the country like Bain. It is about using the experience gained from working directly with the catalysts and environments that provoke job creation and job losses and then taking that into DC to influence gov't policy.
Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
Moderators
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2012, 08:44:55 PM »

Jobs were up 1.4% during the Romney administration. Nationwide they were up 5.3%. Romney fail.

http://www.factcheck.org/2012/01/romneys-shaky-job-claims/

And how much of that 5.3% was the result of the housing bubble, growth in energy producing states, population growth in the fast growth states and development of previously undeveloped land in the high growth and/or resource abundant states? None of which, Massachusetts can claim to have. It is built out, maxed out population wise, has no oil, coal, or natural gas and didn't have that much of housing bubble compared to a CA, AZ, or a FL.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies