CO-Project New America/Keating Research (D): Obama up 4 (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 23, 2024, 07:58:13 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2012 Elections
  2012 U.S. Presidential General Election Polls
  CO-Project New America/Keating Research (D): Obama up 4 (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: CO-Project New America/Keating Research (D): Obama up 4  (Read 6913 times)
Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
Moderators
Atlas Institution
United States

« on: May 30, 2012, 06:03:21 PM »

Though, the GOP curently has like a 1% advantage in voter Registration and the "active" label  can probably be attributed to the Caucuses, right?

What were the 2010 exit polls like for Colorado? Would there be any reason why Democrats would do worse in Colorado than they did in 2010?

Also, I believe that your registration is only activated by general election voting, because caucuses are run by the party, and not the state.  I don't think that SoS Gessler knows that I voted in the GOP caucuses here, so I think the "active" advantage for Republicans in Colorado has more to do with new registrations more than anything else.  The GOP is truly resurgent in Colorado, and it may take a while for people outside of the state to begin to really understand what has and is happening.

Can you give us some examples of the improvements in the state party organization that would cause such an improvement in registration and other changes?

I do agree that Democrats over emphasize the the results in 2010. For one, Colorado has a history of rejecting midterm landslides like 1994 when the reelected a Democratic Governor. Second of all, the chaos in the Governors race and the vote split depressed the Republican performance in the State Legislative races where the GOP could have done much better. Buck lost on the 1990's phone call recording. If Norton was Senate candidate and maybe Schaffer or Suthers was the Guernatorial nominee then things would have been very different.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies