FL: Crist(D) leads Scott 48-34 for 2014 election (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 06:18:36 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Gubernatorial/State Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  FL: Crist(D) leads Scott 48-34 for 2014 election (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: FL: Crist(D) leads Scott 48-34 for 2014 election  (Read 4654 times)
Dereich
Moderators
YaBB God

« on: May 30, 2012, 08:45:03 AM »

I seriously doubt Crist's ego would allow him run for anything short of Governor or Senate.
Dereich
Moderators
YaBB God

« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2012, 09:15:41 AM »

Its sad. Rick Scott actually does have a good economic performance record and of course he vetoed the proposal from the legislature to double my tuition costs and yet he's losing to an opportunistic slimeball like Charlie Crist. He really needs new PR people or something.
Dereich
Moderators
YaBB God

« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2012, 10:51:04 AM »

Its sad. Rick Scott actually does have a good economic performance record and of course he vetoed the proposal from the legislature to double my tuition costs and yet he's losing to an opportunistic slimeball like Charlie Crist. He really needs new PR people or something.

Rick Scott vetoed the tuition bill while cutting $300 million from the state universities, you have to balance it out somewhere. I supported then ablility for UF and FSU to raise tuition more than 15% a year, we need to fund our universities and if the state is unwilling to do so then higher tuition prices are needed.

And I'm a UF student.

Oh, I agree that tuition needs to rise. Florida's colleges are some of the cheapest in the nation, and even with tuition rises that's still the case. But rising the costs much higher exclusively for FSU and UF makes it much harder for poorer people to afford sending their kids to the best schools, especially with bright futures cuts. It's not an ideal situation, but austerity never is. And the main alternative to cutting higher education was cutting healthcare. In the end I think the legislature was right to allow tuition raises and the governor right to veto the UF/FSU bigger tuition increases. I'm an FSU student, by the way. 

Oh, and while we're on the subject, what was up with this story?
http://www.forbes.com/sites/stevensalzberg/2012/04/22/university-of-florida-eliminates-computer-science-department-increases-athletic-budgets-hmm/
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies