NY-Quinnipiac: Gov. Cuomo (D) sets post 9/11 approval ratings record (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 23, 2024, 08:18:21 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Gubernatorial/State Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  NY-Quinnipiac: Gov. Cuomo (D) sets post 9/11 approval ratings record (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: NY-Quinnipiac: Gov. Cuomo (D) sets post 9/11 approval ratings record  (Read 11401 times)
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« on: June 01, 2012, 01:32:39 PM »

Even I approve of Cuomo. Though that's not saying much about the left-wing of the Democratic Party, I think parts of the Internet underrate Cuomo.

Who else has over 71% popularity? Beebe?

Probably not, I recall polling showing Beebe in the '60s. Heineman reaches similar levels at present, I think. Freudenthal and Hoeven both come to mind, but they both left office in 2010.

This is all presuming Hillary doesn't run (and she won't).

Hillary would be handed the nomination on a silver platter. And I don't think she'd be able to resist the temptation.

Not a chance, her shot was in 2008.  She's only got high approvals atm because she's basically stayed out of domestic politics since being made Secretary of State.  The minute she tries to reinsert herself into domestic politics, her negatives will go back up.  Also, many Democrats still haven't forgiven her for her race-baiting during the 2008 campaign.  Additionally, ambitious Democrats such as O'Malley, Cuomo, Hickenlooper, etc. aren't just going to stand aside because a Clinton is running.  Obama already proved that she is beatable and many Democrats will be more willing to publicly cross the Clintons than in 2008.  Also, she is simply a very unlikable person and comes across as bullying, paranoid, arrogant, and ruthless when running against a strong opponent  (there is a reason she is sometimes referred to as "Lady McBeth" Tongue).  Plus, she seemed to be pretty much dead to the progressive/liberal wing of the Democratic party.  Lastly, some of the groups that backed her in 2008 (Jewish voters, Hispanics, Southern whites, etc) probably wouldn't support her as strongly if she were to run in 2016 (for a variety of reasons).
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies