Northeast Wiki Reform
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 15, 2024, 11:39:39 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government
  Regional Governments (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Northeast Wiki Reform
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: Northeast Wiki Reform  (Read 2055 times)
Cincinnatus
JBach717
YaBB God
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: May 30, 2012, 08:04:01 PM »
« edited: June 05, 2012, 05:39:20 PM by Cincinnatus »

Anyone who wants to volunteer sign in here please.  I'm looking at a couple of you in particular.  You know who you are.

Volunteers thus far;

Myself
Scott
Nix
homely
The world will shine with light in our nightmare
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -7.48

P P P

« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2012, 08:38:47 PM »

x Senator Scott
Cincinnatus
JBach717
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2012, 08:13:21 AM »

It is irrelevant if you have access to edit the wiki or not (though it would help).  Anyone willing to lend a hand is welcome.
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2012, 01:49:48 PM »

Wrong board Wink
Cincinnatus
JBach717
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #4 on: May 31, 2012, 05:34:30 PM »

The NE Wiki commission thread existed in this board.  So shall the extension of that effort.
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #5 on: May 31, 2012, 06:09:58 PM »

The NE Wiki commission thread existed in this board.  So shall the extension of that effort.

It would likely be more effective on the main board and since it isn't a regional government related task any longer I will probably ask to have it moved, don't you agree?
Cincinnatus
JBach717
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #6 on: June 04, 2012, 05:50:13 PM »

People!  Only three of us so far?  We can do better than this..  We will begin discussing official business Wednesday, regardless of our number.
H.E. VOLODYMYR ZELENKSYY
Alfred F. Jones
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #7 on: June 05, 2012, 08:17:59 AM »

I think Napoleon should join.
Cincinnatus
JBach717
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #8 on: June 06, 2012, 07:20:43 PM »

While we're still waiting for others to join (hopefully) let's discuss how we want to organize the wiki.  I recommend eliminating the two current statute pages by putting all current law into on section called "Law" or "Statutes", ect. 

We can (but it would be a lot of extra work) create separate sections for Repealed laws, and Proposed laws.  However, I think the best avenue to take is having one page with all standing statute of the NE in one accessible section.

My other proposal is basically a section that would be entitled "How-to" or "FAQ", ect.  We could easily link pages that would explain such things as "When am I eligible to vote?", "When are Assembly elections?", "Where can I find the SOAP?" and so forth.

Gentleman, comments?  Ideas? 
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #9 on: June 06, 2012, 07:37:00 PM »

I like these ideas.  Do you feel we should categorize the laws by the session they were passed in?
Cincinnatus
JBach717
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #10 on: June 06, 2012, 08:10:24 PM »

I like these ideas.  Do you feel we should categorize the laws by the session they were passed in?

That's a possibility, though we may run into problems down the road tracking down which Assembly it was.  Certainly something to bear in mind.

Probably the best way to organize the laws section would be to put them chronologically in the order they were signed, which is essentially the same thing.  At the bottom of the text of a law we can write Notes saying such things as (Section _ amended June 16th, 2012) or something. 

Alternatively, we could organize the laws by category, which would require us to come up with categories.

Our goal here should be to create the most user-friendly reference.  Keep in mind we will all be using this when we need to refer to Northeast law, so ensuring it's easily navigable is essential.
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #11 on: June 06, 2012, 08:50:33 PM »

Okay.  Sounds like a frightening load of work ahead, but it looks like I won't be bored at all this summer. Grin

Are we going to divide the work up?
Cincinnatus
JBach717
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #12 on: June 06, 2012, 08:58:40 PM »

Okay.  Sounds like a frightening load of work ahead, but it looks like I won't be bored at all this summer. Grin

Are we going to divide the work up?

Within the week I hope we'll begin dividing some work up, yes.  I'm hoping to have a couple more people join this effort first, so for now we're just going to develop the groundwork for how we feel the wiki should look, how we're going to go about organizing it, ect.

A lot of the statute already exists on two pages in the wiki, the key is for us to figure out the ACTUAL status of the bill (Is their an amended text?  Was it repealed?  Was it in the SRC report?  ect).

Another part will consist of filling in the gaps from the time we stopped updating wiki statute, until now.  Obviously it will involve a lot of thread searching/scrolling, ect. 

And.. if we're ambitious enough..The Assembly page needs to be updated to reflect past Assembly make-up.  This, however, is completely unessential, and takes a back-seat to the major goal.
Cincinnatus
JBach717
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #13 on: June 07, 2012, 06:18:47 PM »

Some of those are fair ideas.  But if you look here you'll understand my point.  On the bottom tabs, I'd like a link to a "Laws"  where only standing law would be included.  This way we have a reference to relevant, on the books statute.  We can surely include tally, signed date, bill summary, title, ect.  However, I DONT want to mix repealed or proposed/failed law in with it. 

If you would like, we can definitely make a new section for Proposals, and Repealed laws.  I just think mixing standing law, with proposed/repealed laws makes the wiki harder to navigate.  Thoughts?
Cincinnatus
JBach717
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #14 on: June 15, 2012, 03:38:46 PM »

Anyone?  Anyone at all?  No limit on membership people.. We will move forward within the week.
Cincinnatus
JBach717
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #15 on: June 23, 2012, 02:37:13 PM »

Well.. within 8 days anyway.  It seems it's just the 4(?) of us?  There are some people I wish were involved with this process right now, even if they're out of the region, and despite the fact that we may not be on the best of terms [Jake, Napoleon  Wink].

Moving on.. Nix, Scott, how would you like to proceed from here?  Do we need any leadership, or can we all work within some sort, albeit flexible, time frame to get this done?  I have former wiki work that homely and I did previously, with the help of Napoleon.  The thread exists somewhere, I'll just have to dig it up..  Also, I have some old notepads with, well.. notes that I took during the process.

The original point;  How would you two like to proceed?
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #16 on: June 23, 2012, 02:40:57 PM »

I think I'd like to start by adding Northeast legislation on the wiki.  Do you think we should start by adding to this page, or just start from scratch?
Cincinnatus
JBach717
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #17 on: June 23, 2012, 02:45:17 PM »

I think I'd like to start by adding Northeast legislation on the wiki.  Do you think we should start by adding to this page, or just start from scratch?

I think an entirely new page would be easier.  Call it "Statute"?  Or.. "Law"?
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #18 on: June 23, 2012, 03:16:54 PM »

Okay.  I am starting on this page.
Cincinnatus
JBach717
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #19 on: June 23, 2012, 03:46:05 PM »

Hold on friend.  We should brainstorm our plan of attack first..wouldn't want you to have to do double work Wink
Cincinnatus
JBach717
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #20 on: June 23, 2012, 03:49:52 PM »

This is how homely and I approached this previously.  I suggest we do it in this format, especially since I've already made individual links to bills Tongue
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #21 on: June 23, 2012, 03:56:46 PM »

This is how homely and I approached this previously.  I suggest we do it in this format, especially since I've already made individual links to bills Tongue

...Oh, crap. Tongue
Cincinnatus
JBach717
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #22 on: June 23, 2012, 03:57:44 PM »

Realistically, this is a nice template for how the wiki should look.  Do you agree Scott?
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #23 on: June 23, 2012, 04:00:03 PM »

Realistically, this is a nice template for how the wiki should look.  Do you agree Scott?

Sure.  I'll start making changes now.
Cincinnatus
JBach717
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #24 on: June 23, 2012, 04:03:19 PM »

Sure.  I'll start making changes now.

I would leave out the Executive orders (we can create a seperate page for this, so do keep a note of them)..Also, I think it might be wise not to include amendments?  Instead we can just write a note under the law like so.
Pages: [1] 2  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies