Do you have a soul? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 08:03:22 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Discussion
  Religion & Philosophy (Moderator: Okay, maybe Mike Johnson is a competent parliamentarian.)
  Do you have a soul? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Do you believe that you have a soul?
Yes

No

Don't know

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 72

Author Topic: Do you have a soul?  (Read 18138 times)
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.77, S: 3.48

« on: May 31, 2012, 10:33:59 AM »

I absolutely have a soul.  Everyone has a soul.  The soul is who I am.  I am not a brain or a beating heart or functioning organs.  I am a living, caring, breathing soul with a heart that cares for other soul's destinations.  When I die, my physical body will stay 6 feet under in the ground and rot away and turn back to dust, but my soul will be taken to heaven to be with its Creator and live forever and be given a new body, a body without pain, without tears, without any kind of sickness or sorrow, a body that will never break down.  Those who have not believed in Christ in the life they were given, will still live forever, but it will be judged and sent to an eternity in a lake of sulphur fire and eternal separation from God.  No one will ever get used to hell and no one will die once in hell, it will be constant excruciating torment and torture that has no end whatsoever.  Once a soul is sent to hell there is no hope for it anymore, it can never get to heaven after that.  The reverse is true, as well.  Once a soul enters heaven, hope is turned to reality, and does not have to worry anymore about being sent to hell.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2012, 11:22:39 AM »

Those who have not believed in Christ in the life they were given, will still live forever, but it will be judged and sent to an eternity in a lake of sulphur fire and eternal separation from God.  No one will ever get used to hell and no one will die once in hell, it will be constant excruciating torment and torture that has no end whatsoever.  Once a soul is sent to hell there is no hope for it anymore, it can never get to heaven after that.

Remember folks, God loves you so much that if you don't love him back in the right fashion he'll ship you off to his fiery torture basement where you'll endlessly writhe in indescribable agony with no hope of escape. Truly the act of a loving parental figure and not of a sadistic narcissistic sociopath.

You have to understand that while God is a loving God, He is also a just God.  Romans 3:23 says "For all have sinned, and fall short of the glory of God."  Every single person on this earth has sinned and since God is a perfect God, one little white lie is enough to send a person to hell.  That's why He sent His only Son, Jesus, who was tempted in every way we are and yet never sinned to die for us and take our place.  The scandal of Christianity is not why do some people go to hell.  The scandal of Christianity is why would God allow anyone into heaven.  The Rev. Billy Graham and Adolf Hitler both deserve to go to the same place, hell.  The difference is not that Rev. Graham is a beloved minister of the Gospel of Jesus Christ, but that He accepted the free gift of salvation.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2012, 10:51:20 AM »

The question posed by the OP did not confine itself to the Abrahamic traditions concerning the soul.

Neither did my responses (unlike BushOK). Yet you seem a tad perturbed that I brought it up; why?

It's because when I think of the term "soul", I automatically think of the spiritual realm.  I cannot separate the two, for the spiritual realm encompasses my entire being and my entire thought process.  I am in the world, but I try so hard not to be of the world.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: July 28, 2012, 01:39:08 AM »

To answer my own poll, most definitely.  A soul is what gives our bodies life and intelligence.  Without it, the critical parts of our bodies (i.e. the brain, the heart) cannot function.   

I absolutely have a soul.  Everyone has a soul.  The soul is who I am.  I am not a brain or a beating heart or functioning organs.  I am a living, caring, breathing soul with a heart that cares for other soul's destinations.  When I die, my physical body will stay 6 feet under in the ground and rot away and turn back to dust, but my soul will be taken to heaven to be with its Creator and live forever and be given a new body, a body without pain, without tears, without any kind of sickness or sorrow, a body that will never break down.  Those who have not believed in Christ in the life they were given, will still live forever, but it will be judged and sent to an eternity in a lake of sulphur fire and eternal separation from God.  No one will ever get used to hell and no one will die once in hell, it will be constant excruciating torment and torture that has no end whatsoever.  Once a soul is sent to hell there is no hope for it anymore, it can never get to heaven after that.  The reverse is true, as well.  Once a soul enters heaven, hope is turned to reality, and does not have to worry anymore about being sent to hell.

How do ghosts fit into this?  Do you believe in the possibility that -for some of us- our souls may not immediately go to either heaven or hell, but remain in a sort of earthly purgatory for a variety of reasons, awaiting assistance from the living to move on 'into the light'?     

Well in my ideology there is no heaven or hell. They both exist here on Earth.

To Ride, Rangers, Ride!: Whatever happened to the Christ dying for our sins? Wouldn't the souls be savéd from Hell?

Yes, Christ died for our sins and is the only way to the Father.  There is no other name given among men by which we must be saved.  He doesn't force himself into anyone, though.  That's where the free will comes into play.  Every single human being has a soul, and every soul will live forever.  The decision we make on this earth affects where we will spend eternity.  If we accept Christ and believe that He is the Son of God and died for our sins and rose again the third day, we will live forever with Christ in heaven.  If we do not accept the free gift that was offered to us, we will live forever apart from Christ where there is "weeping and gnashing of teeth", that's called Hell.

As far as your belief that Heaven and Hell both exist on Earth.  If this earth is heaven, that's a sad reality.  I believe there is some place much better where moth nor rust break down and destroy and where there is no more sickness, no more pain, no more sorrow, no more dying, no more tears, where the saints of the LORD will have new bodies that will be like Christ.  This body we have now will turn back into dust and be ravaged by worms.  The new body we will receive when we get home will be incorruptible.  And, yes, for Christians, earth is not our home.  Our home is in heaven.  We are citizens of the Kingdom of God, we are passing through and visiting earth, and will one day return home.

Frodo, I do not believe in purgatory.  I believe everyone will decide their destination before this life ends.  If they choose to accept Christ's free gift of salvation, they will be immediately in heaven in the blink of an eye.  Once we close our eyes for the last time on this earth, we will immediately see heaven and bypass the Judgement.  For those who don't accept the free gift of salvation, they will immediately face Judgement and be sent to the Lake of Fire.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies