Do you have a soul? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 02:19:45 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Discussion
  Religion & Philosophy (Moderator: Okay, maybe Mike Johnson is a competent parliamentarian.)
  Do you have a soul? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Do you believe that you have a soul?
Yes

No

Don't know

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 72

Author Topic: Do you have a soul?  (Read 18071 times)
danny
Israel

« on: July 02, 2012, 12:42:22 PM »

No, I have a body with a brain.
danny
Israel

« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2012, 12:23:49 PM »

My evidence is purely the reason why when we attempt to teleport living beings, the energy and way of living is left behind. Energy is not and cannot be controlled by matter.

We teleport living beings? Are you from the future or did I simply miss the memo?
danny
Israel

« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2012, 01:53:04 PM »

The experience of thinking is inherently non-physical.

If the brain is indeed the sole source of consciousness and thought is the result of neurochemical processes then thinking is purely a physical action. What is your evidence that thinking involves more than purely material processes?

My evidence is purely the reason why when we attempt to teleport living beings, the energy and way of living is left behind. Energy is not and cannot be controlled by matter.

1. As danny has pointed out we don't have teleportation technology at this point in time, so either you're from the future or you're just pulling things out of your fanny.

2. When you say energy isn't and can't be controlled by matter, are you taking into account the energy manipulation required by the matter that makes up your computer and all of the matter based infrastructure in order for you to even post here? Or how about the chemical energy your body manipulates in order to continue functioning?

1. I believe you both missed the word attempt

2. Explain to me, Mr. Dibble, why honey is sweet.

Oh and by the way, I post from a kindle fire, not a computer

I didn't miss it, but if we haven't managed to actually teleport something, than it could not have left anything behind. Hence my reasoning as to why you would be talking from a future in which we were successful.
danny
Israel

« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2012, 11:55:51 PM »

I voted "I don't know".

I found it interesting how few people don't know the answer.

You could always say that you don't know about everything in life but this isn't particularly meaningful.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies