What is your heritage? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 04:20:05 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  What is your heritage? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: What is your heritage?  (Read 4191 times)
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« on: May 31, 2012, 07:38:10 AM »

Father's father's family is German, and resided in Milwaukee (where I grew up as well) since the late 19th century.  Father's mother's family is half Norwegian and half Swedish, and resided in the Chicago and/or Milwaukee area for at least ~100 years as well.

My mother is Canadian (she was born in Peterborough, Ontario), and that side of the family is an unholy mix of everything from the British Isles (English, Scottish, Welsh, and Irish...am I leaving anything out?), though English is the biggest contributor.

On a related note, I have a family tree somewhere that traces my father's father's family in Germany back to the 18th century, and there's this one generation with about 4 or 5 sons all with names that are a variation on Johann or Johannes (with different middle names), and 4 or 5 daughters all with names that are variations on Anna or Maria (with different middle names).
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies