20RP12/Windis -- Thank you for your support
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 02:07:30 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  20RP12/Windis -- Thank you for your support
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 10 11 12 [13]
Author Topic: 20RP12/Windis -- Thank you for your support  (Read 30968 times)
homelycooking
Junior Chimp
Belize

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #300 on: May 31, 2012, 08:50:44 PM »

You guys like me here enough to have successfully derailed my Presidential campaign by painting me as this "evul monstar consurvateev!" and have posters go on other boards and say that my change in views was just to get votes in Atlasia.

You've got to be able to take the blows, man. Criticism presents an opportunity to demonstrate resilience and fortitude. Sure it can get nasty, but you've got to respond with some passion and some fire and tell the haters where to go (in only the most diplomatic of ways, of course Wink )
Donerail
Atlas Icon
« Reply #301 on: May 31, 2012, 09:00:42 PM »

You guys like me here enough to have successfully derailed my Presidential campaign by painting me as this "evul monstar consurvateev!" and have posters go on other boards and say that my change in views was just to get votes in Atlasia.

You've got to be able to take the blows, man. Criticism presents an opportunity to demonstrate resilience and fortitude. Sure it can get nasty, but you've got to respond with some passion and some fire and tell the haters where to go (in only the most diplomatic of ways, of course Wink )

Isn't that my job? Diplomacy is, after all, the art of telling people to go to hell and having them look forward to the trip Tongue
ZuWo
YaBB God
Switzerland

« Reply #302 on: June 01, 2012, 01:37:01 AM »

This is sad since you usually add a lot of enthusiasm and activity to every race you are running in. However, given your current frustration it might be a good idea to take a break for some time and then return in full force. Good luck!

They put it to a vote and they just kept lying
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.29, S: -7.13

« Reply #303 on: June 01, 2012, 05:14:15 AM »

I can't pretend that being told to shut up and that my views are irrelevant doesn't hurt. I'm playing a fictional game with my real life emotions.
CLARENCE 2015!
clarence
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #304 on: June 01, 2012, 08:36:04 AM »

I can't pretend that being told to shut up and that my views are irrelevant doesn't hurt. I'm playing a fictional game with my real life emotions.
Jake- I know the feeling...it is difficult to operate in this board when your views deviate even slightly from the left... look at some one like Ben who is a liberal but has some positions to the right- Ive seen him dismissed and called a conservative for those small disagreements so us who have must more vast disagreements have it pretty difficult. You are young- your views change- hell I'm old and my views change! I'd challenge Oakvale, Napoleon, and the others if they think their views haven't changed- it happens people!!!

I am honored by your endorsement but very sorry to see you go- you've done a great job as Internal Affairs Secretary an even though we have disagreed- every interaction I've had with you has been pleasent and we've come off the debate or discussion having more respect for each other... keep at it, buddy! You've got a whole lot of gas in the tank to go a long way
Mechaman
Atlas Icon
Jamaica
« Reply #305 on: June 01, 2012, 10:13:50 AM »
« Edited: June 16, 2012, 04:06:45 AM by Gustaf »

So this is it?

Man, what profanity!

I spent a whole twenty minutes of my time writing out an enthusiastic statement of endorsement earlier saying that I was willing to go against my own party hierarchy (ie the money) and this is the thanks I get?

Well......profanity, profanity!
k-onmmunist
Winston Disraeli
Atlas Icon
Palestinian Territory, Occupied

« Reply #306 on: June 01, 2012, 12:55:35 PM »

Jake- I know the feeling...it is difficult to operate in this board when your views deviate even slightly from the left... look at some one like Ben who is a liberal but has some positions to the right- Ive seen him dismissed and called a conservative for those small disagreements so us who have must more vast disagreements have it pretty difficult. You are young- your views change- hell I'm old and my views change! I'd challenge Oakvale, Napoleon, and the others if they think their views haven't changed- it happens people!!!

I am honored by your endorsement but very sorry to see you go- you've done a great job as Internal Affairs Secretary an even though we have disagreed- every interaction I've had with you has been pleasent and we've come off the debate or discussion having more respect for each other... keep at it, buddy! You've got a whole lot of gas in the tank to go a long way

It's not just right wingers who get stick round here, believe me.
TJ in Oregon
TJ in Cleve
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.13, S: 6.96

« Reply #307 on: June 01, 2012, 02:10:37 PM »

Best of luck to you Carl. It's good that you can keep in perspective that this is just a game not real life no matter how spirited we all can be about it. Sometimes we all need to step back for a little while from Atlasia, and maybe from the forum altogether, to live in real life instead of just over the internet. You were an active part of the game and contributed a lot to it. We'll certainly be glad to have you back playing if/whenever you feel ready for it.
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #308 on: June 01, 2012, 02:14:19 PM »

So this is it?

Man, what bullshit!

I spent a whole twenty minutes of my time writing out an enthusiastic statement of endorsement earlier saying that I was willing to go against my own party hierarchy (ie the money) and this is the thanks I get?

Well......fuck that man!  Fuck that shit!

Trust me, this is not the first time I've disappointed someone. Certainly won't be the last either.
🐒Gods of Prosperity🔱🐲💸
shua
Atlas Star
Nepal

Political Matrix
E: 1.29, S: -0.70

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #309 on: June 01, 2012, 02:34:33 PM »

please tell me your username is a song title. there's no reason for you to be ashamed here.
Mechaman
Atlas Icon
Jamaica
« Reply #310 on: June 01, 2012, 02:40:51 PM »

So this is it?

Man, what bullshit!

Trust me, this is not the first time I've disappointed someone. Certainly won't be the last either.

Believe me bro, I'm impressed that you took this so well.  You have passed the test.

I was half expecting you to freak or cry "mecha! mecha!  Please I'm so sorriez!"

My little 20RP12 is growing up now.
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #311 on: June 01, 2012, 02:49:22 PM »

please tell me your username is a song title. there's no reason for you to be ashamed here.

I'll refrain from answering.

So this is it?

Man, what bullshit!

Believe me bro, I'm impressed that you took this so well.  You have passed the test.

I was half expecting you to freak or cry "mecha! mecha!  Please I'm so sorriez!"

My little 20RP12 is growing up now.

Meh.
Jerseyrules
United States

Political Matrix
E: 10.00, S: -4.26

« Reply #312 on: June 01, 2012, 07:52:29 PM »

You have to become more attention-whorey again. There are so many tickets running that you're in danger of being completely forgotten! Wink
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 10 11 12 [13]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies