Euro 2012 - Official Discussion Thread (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 05:47:40 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Off-topic Board (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, The Mikado, YE)
  Euro 2012 - Official Discussion Thread (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Euro 2012 - Official Discussion Thread  (Read 74347 times)
Velasco
andi
Junior Chimp
Western Sahara

« on: June 05, 2012, 08:30:43 AM »

I`m not a great supporter but I`m going with the red shirts. Try to guess if I am talking about Garibaldians, Chavistas or the defenders of the title. I´m terrible making predictions but I don´t feel very optimistic. Anyway we´ll reach the Semifinal.
Velasco
andi
Junior Chimp
Western Sahara

« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2012, 12:45:26 PM »

Garibaldians? We wear blue or white, not red.

The mention to Garibaldians was because Garibaldi`s supporters wore red shirts in the XIX Century. It was only a joke.
Velasco
andi
Junior Chimp
Western Sahara

« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2012, 08:58:26 AM »
« Edited: June 10, 2012, 09:01:38 AM by yellow brick road »

Big day coming. First of all, let´s honour the beautiful Gdansk, the city of Lech Walesa and Oskar Matzerath.

Last but not least, let´s take the hooligan everyone keeps inside out: C´mon my reds, go and win this tournament again!!! Said this all my respects for Azzurri although I admire other things in this country rather than catenaccio. I´ll keep my fingers crossed.  
Velasco
andi
Junior Chimp
Western Sahara

« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2012, 09:43:29 AM »

Thanks for the support but don`t say ¡Arriba España! please. This was what Falangistas said when Franco was alive.
Velasco
andi
Junior Chimp
Western Sahara

« Reply #4 on: June 10, 2012, 12:29:53 PM »

Oooh, Well done!!! Silva is an artist!!! He was born in the same island where I live.
Velasco
andi
Junior Chimp
Western Sahara

« Reply #5 on: June 10, 2012, 01:11:43 PM »

Ooh, a second North African poster! Evil

Great footwork from Buffon there.

I live in front of the Sahara coastline so Western Sahara is an appropiate country for me.
Velasco
andi
Junior Chimp
Western Sahara

« Reply #6 on: June 10, 2012, 06:26:43 PM »

The grass was dry, what`s the matter here? Did they blame it as the cause of the draw? No. To the contrary, they recognized that Italy played well. Do you notice tabloid press?
Velasco
andi
Junior Chimp
Western Sahara

« Reply #7 on: June 11, 2012, 05:43:02 AM »
« Edited: June 11, 2012, 05:50:46 AM by yellow brick road »

The grass was dry, what`s the matter here? Did they blame it as the cause of the draw? No. To the contrary, they recognized that Italy played well. Do you notice tabloid press?

I don't know how dry the grass could be when they were slipping around... Quite the theatrics. I know we weren't playing on it but did that field look "disastrous" to you? And of course they're saying they would have won if the turf was somehow better. Read between the lines, my friend. They're supposedly the world's greatest passers. They're complaining that dry grass slowed their passes. If it had been "properly watered," the game would have been "more entertaining." That's code for "we would have won."

They have a history of whining. Casillas bitched after we beat them in a Friendly, for Christ's sake even though they were awarded (and converted) a gift penalty.

Naah...There`s nothing to read between lines. If the grass is OK, see, "properly watered", the ball runs faster and everybody enjoy. Spanish players have always complained that FIFA doesn`t care about these things because they run against the spectacle. People pay for seeing good performances and yesterday`s they didn`t waste their money despite the deplorable dry and uncut grass.

A long history of whining??? See USA World Championship and how Luis Enrique ended after the caresses of Italian defenders. Thanks God that you have a good coach now; Prandelli has done a great job with Italy. Bye bye, Catenaccio. So long dirty playing (despite Ballotelli). Now let´s face Trapatoni´s Irish Praetor Guards (glups).
Velasco
andi
Junior Chimp
Western Sahara

« Reply #8 on: June 14, 2012, 02:42:15 PM »

Yeah, we need to score more; Croatia won't be easy to beat. Torres isn't still at his best but his goal was beautiful. Silva and Iniesta genial as usual.
Velasco
andi
Junior Chimp
Western Sahara

« Reply #9 on: June 14, 2012, 02:54:12 PM »

Silva is a genius, just like I said.
Velasco
andi
Junior Chimp
Western Sahara

« Reply #10 on: June 18, 2012, 04:19:13 PM »

So if Spain had not been awarded this off-side goal, they would have finished second and if they had reached the semifinal, they would have likely faced Germany. Again, "interesting" decision by the referee...

I didn't see off-side but there was a possible penalty in Spanish area (it was a bit strange that Croatian players didn't protest) and, of course, Casillas saved at least one clear goal. Horrible match from Spanish side.
Velasco
andi
Junior Chimp
Western Sahara

« Reply #11 on: June 19, 2012, 01:48:39 PM »

Casillas, my hero!!! Fábregas was also great at the very end of the match.
Velasco
andi
Junior Chimp
Western Sahara

« Reply #12 on: June 28, 2012, 02:07:53 AM »

I understand you, Spain isn't playing its best football but is demonstrating a high competitive level. Spain-Portugal was a boring match until the extra-time, in part because both defences were great and Spain's offensive game have serious troubles in this tournament. We'll see in the final, probably it will be an exciting game though maybe not a good one.
Velasco
andi
Junior Chimp
Western Sahara

« Reply #13 on: June 28, 2012, 02:52:00 PM »

I think I wrote this in a previous post: Prandelli deserves praise because Italy is now a good looking team. It would be even a more entertaining game if Germany is able to score but Balotelli's goals may have a crushing effect.
Velasco
andi
Junior Chimp
Western Sahara

« Reply #14 on: June 28, 2012, 03:44:49 PM »

Back to the starting point: Spain vs. Italy. Que Dios reparta suerte next Sunday as we say here.
Velasco
andi
Junior Chimp
Western Sahara

« Reply #15 on: June 29, 2012, 09:19:54 AM »

Fortunately, we still have the best goalkeeper of the world.

Sorry, Antonio, Buffon is genial but he's only the second best goalkeeper of the world. On the top of the ranking is Casillas to my understanding.
Velasco
andi
Junior Chimp
Western Sahara

« Reply #16 on: June 29, 2012, 11:02:00 AM »

Del Bosque is a puppet, period. He just let Barça guys plays Barça with two or three madridistas in order to be the Spanish team and not the Catalunya team.

I don't think so. Del Bosque has character, you don't have to fall for his good-natured personality. Spain plays in a similar fashion of Barça because it's a succesful model and was Luis Aragonés who started with it, not Del Bosque. And Barça is not only the Catalunya team, it's a global club: see Messi; players like Iniesta or Pedro are from other parts of Spain. On the other hand I don't mind if Spain plays in a "Catalan" style: I love heretic catalans like Guardiola or the Dutchie Johann Cruyff.
Velasco
andi
Junior Chimp
Western Sahara

« Reply #17 on: June 29, 2012, 02:39:49 PM »

The world is rooting for Italy now. I thought that was obvious...

That's because there's only one Spaniard in the forum and I don't think he likes football (communist geek).

There are two Spaniards: Julio and me. Also I have relatives in Argentina and a lot of friends from Rio de la Plata. I don't like the nationalist thing. Neither of us is commie and both support Spain.  I don't think that the whole world is rooting for Italy but, well, in this forum there is an overwhelming support. Nothing against, of course.
Velasco
andi
Junior Chimp
Western Sahara

« Reply #18 on: June 30, 2012, 12:55:47 AM »

I understand you, Julio, I am a moderate hero among my leftist friends (some of them from Rio de la Plata, precisely). Madridista pro-Llorente? Which Llorente, the Bilbao forward? I prefer Barça and I can't stand Mourinho, sorry.
Velasco
andi
Junior Chimp
Western Sahara

« Reply #19 on: July 02, 2012, 03:14:19 AM »

Phil's team gets crushed. Looks like a Romney landslide in November.

Oregon +5 Romney in next poll.

Congratulations Barça.

But Spain also won in 2008 when Obama won big and in 2010 when the Republicans won big.

So, we still don't know what will happen in November ... Tongue

Is Spain the presumed guilty of a future Romney's victory? Dear God, what a terrible news! It's better the Euro 2008 precedent ^^

I'm speechless, I didn't expect a game like yesterday's. I also missed Llorente, and I could say Mata but he played 5 minutes or so and scored. Italy did a great tournament regardless of the Final's score.
Velasco
andi
Junior Chimp
Western Sahara

« Reply #20 on: July 02, 2012, 07:24:16 AM »

The pretty woman is Sara Carbonero, Casillas' girlfriend and TV sportscaster or talking head.
Velasco
andi
Junior Chimp
Western Sahara

« Reply #21 on: July 03, 2012, 08:09:48 AM »

Felicidades a todos los españoles del "Atlas forum".

Can't remember a more convincing win in a major final.

Gracias, Gully Foyle. El Barça y España son equipos un poco holandeses. Ya sabes, el legado de Johann Cruyff y todo eso.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies