Frank Bruni NYT on Obama: He doesn't seem in command. (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 05:04:37 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2012 Elections
  Frank Bruni NYT on Obama: He doesn't seem in command. (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Frank Bruni NYT on Obama: He doesn't seem in command.  (Read 10448 times)
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.77, S: 3.48

« on: May 31, 2012, 10:47:59 PM »

I agree with all of this!
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2012, 02:11:49 PM »

More bad news because of the May jobs reports.  Not only did it also decrease March and April, but the NYSE has also surrendered all of its gains for the entire year.  5 months of gains in the Dow, Nasdaq, and S&P 500 all lost.  The faint hope of an Obama landslide has been extinguished.  If anything, if the trend continues, we could very possibly be looking at a still unlikely, yet growing, possibility of a Romney landslide.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2012, 02:44:44 PM »

More bad news because of the May jobs reports.  Not only did it also decrease March and April, but the NYSE has also surrendered all of its gains for the entire year.  5 months of gains in the Dow, Nasdaq, and S&P 500 all lost.  The faint hope of an Obama landslide has been extinguished.  If anything, if the trend continues, we could very possibly be looking at a still unlikely, yet growing, possibility of a Romney landslide.
Since when is 270 to 280 EV is a landslide?

It is likely Romney will win.  It is unlikely, but a growing possibility that Romney will have a small landslide (over 300).
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2012, 04:12:53 PM »

More bad news because of the May jobs reports.  Not only did it also decrease March and April, but the NYSE has also surrendered all of its gains for the entire year.  5 months of gains in the Dow, Nasdaq, and S&P 500 all lost.  The faint hope of an Obama landslide has been extinguished.  If anything, if the trend continues, we could very possibly be looking at a still unlikely, yet growing, possibility of a Romney landslide.

It is likely Romney will win.  It is unlikely, but a growing possibility that Romney will have a small landslide (over 300).
He wrote off PA, I don't think there is any way he will get over 300 after doing that.

Did you not read the word "unlikely"?
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: June 01, 2012, 05:20:34 PM »

He wrote off PA, I don't think there is any way he will get over 300 after doing that.

Did you not read the word "unlikely"?
No, not really. But I would have used a different adjective.

That's fine.  Another adjective could be used, yes, but I still stand by my prediction that we are going to be swearing in the 45th President of the United States Willard "Mitt" Romney on Sunday, 20 January 2013.  Of course, just like in sports, it doesn't really matter if you win with 270 EV's or you win with 320 EV's, the fact is you still win.  Your political capital is less with a 270 nail biter than it is with 300+ EV's, but that doesn't affect your victory.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #5 on: June 05, 2012, 10:49:12 PM »

You know, you should just create a thread titled "Winfield's Soapbox." Every time a sentence leaves Romney's mouth, you can go post it in there.

Now, that's not nice!

I believe most of what I post for discussion is of interest to readers and pertinent to today's events.        

You and NHI, who I'm beginning to suspect may be an automatic-response machine, are nearly alone in that.

Also, the adjective form is 'Democratic'.

In Winfield's defense, is it wrong to wholeheartedly support Romney?  He's just passionate about his candidate.  He's not doing anything malicious.  He may be a little overbearing at times, but he's just passionate about his candidate.  Romney has just as much right to be celebrated on this forum as Obama does.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #6 on: June 05, 2012, 10:53:12 PM »

You know, you should just create a thread titled "Winfield's Soapbox." Every time a sentence leaves Romney's mouth, you can go post it in there.

Now, that's not nice!

I believe most of what I post for discussion is of interest to readers and pertinent to today's events.        

You and NHI, who I'm beginning to suspect may be an automatic-response machine, are nearly alone in that.

Also, the adjective form is 'Democratic'.

In Winfield's defense, is it wrong to wholeheartedly support Romney?  He's just passionate about his candidate.  He's not doing anything malicious.  He may be a little overbearing at times, but he's just passionate about his candidate.  Romney has just as much right to be celebrated on this forum as Obama does.

That's a huge understatement.

I can see where you're coming from, but I get the feeling, though, that if someone were to be just as passionate about Obama that not much would be said about it.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies