Frank Bruni NYT on Obama: He doesn't seem in command. (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 03:36:19 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2012 Elections
  Frank Bruni NYT on Obama: He doesn't seem in command. (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Frank Bruni NYT on Obama: He doesn't seem in command.  (Read 10444 times)
Lincoln Republican
Winfield
Atlas Icon

« on: May 31, 2012, 10:44:03 PM »
« edited: June 22, 2012, 10:53:40 PM by First Watergate Now Gunrungate »

in spite of a most drawn out and bruising primary campaign in which Romney's opponents  launched a nuclear war on him,

Romney is closing the gap on Obama,

Romney is closing the gap among women voters,

Romney is closing the gap in fund raising.

My friends, this race is far from over.  As a matter of fact, this race has just begun.  
Lincoln Republican
Winfield
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2012, 11:17:40 PM »

Hey, I'd be fine with Democrats sitting back and thinking they have this in the bag. Further increases our chances! Smiley

Obama will try to divert attention from the economy, but at the end of the day, that's what Americans will vote on, and he doesn't currently have a record strong enough to win.

In fact, Obama has already been attempting to divert attention away from his sorry handling of the economy, with his petulant and misleading Bain attacks on Romney, which, by the way, were not even factual, placing Romney at Bain years after he had actually left.

These attacks have backfired.  
Lincoln Republican
Winfield
Atlas Icon

« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2012, 11:31:18 PM »

Obama has a secret weapon tho: Donald Trump.

Yes, I wish Trump would go to deepest, darkest Peru, with no communication devices, until December.
Lincoln Republican
Winfield
Atlas Icon

« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2012, 11:34:39 PM »
« Edited: May 31, 2012, 11:36:49 PM by Mitt Romney, Economic Heavyweight »

http://theothermccain.com/2012/05/15/distraction-tactic-backfires-romney-gains-in-polls-after-obama-gay-shift/

Mitt Romney’s presidential campaign strategy could be summarized in four words: “It’s Obama’s Economy, Stupid.”

Romney and his aides have made clear that they regard every other issue as a distraction from what polls — as well as common sense — indicate as the main concern of American voters: Jobs, the economy and the explosion of deficit spending under the Obama administration.

So when the news cycle last week was dominated by President Obama’s announcement of his support for same-sex marriage, this was viewed by Republicans as yet another attempt to distract voters from the economy — and thus, strategically, as another “win” for Team Obama.

Yet the first polls reflecting public reaction to the president’s endorsement of gay marriage show the move has, at least so far, backfired on the White House. A CBS/New York Times poll taken Friday through Sunday shows Romney leading Obama 46% to 43%, whereas a CBS/NYT poll taken April 13-17 showed the race a tie at 46%. This result verifies polling by Rasmussen Reports showing Romney moving ahead. Obama has clearly lost support since a month
Lincoln Republican
Winfield
Atlas Icon

« Reply #4 on: June 01, 2012, 12:20:24 AM »
« Edited: June 13, 2012, 09:02:38 PM by Obama, The Democrat Hoover »

from his miserable handling of the economy:

1. The War on Women
2. Ann Romney's clothes
3. The Car Elevator
4. The Swiss Bank Account
5. Eeeevil Bain Capital
6. The Sudden Fascination With Mormonism
7. 50 Year Old High School Pranks
8. Ann Romney's horses

http://drawandstrike.blogspot.ca/2012/05/look-over-there-horse-looking-at-my.html

Lincoln Republican
Winfield
Atlas Icon

« Reply #5 on: June 01, 2012, 08:05:56 PM »

Obama has a secret weapon tho: Donald Trump.

Yes, I wish Trump would go to deepest, darkest Peru, with no communication devices, until December.
Are you implying that Peru is a third-world country that has no communication? In case you missed it, I am implying you are racist.

Then you, sir, do not comprehend my statement, nor do you know anything about  my abhorrence of racism. 

Let me explain this to you.

Trump should go to Peru until December, and Trump, note I said TRUMP, should not be given any communication devices to use while in Peru, therefore, he will be unable to communicate any more of his outlandish statements to the U.S. during the remainder of the campaign.

And I find your accusation of racism to be personally insulting.
Lincoln Republican
Winfield
Atlas Icon

« Reply #6 on: June 01, 2012, 09:11:56 PM »

Sure. We all know when a Republican candidate is using issues other than economy it's completely fine, but when a Democratic candidate is doing the same, that's a ploy to divert attention away.

Naturally, when George H. W. Bush, for example, was talking about school prayers during his campain in 1988, that was fine. When your beloved Mitt Romney was trying to cast himself more liberal on social issues than Ted Kennedy in 1994, that was fine too. But when Obama is endorsing gay marriage: OMG CONSPIRACY TO DIVERT OUR ATTENTION!

So, Winfield, I don't know whether you're an utter hypocrite, disconnected from reality or just enjoy your trolling. I sincerely hope it's the latter. Either way, it's just pathetic.

No, Kalwejt, what is pathetic is Obama's handling of the U.S. economy.
Lincoln Republican
Winfield
Atlas Icon

« Reply #7 on: June 05, 2012, 10:16:06 PM »

Tonight's results will echo beyond Wisconsin.

This is a horse race.
Lincoln Republican
Winfield
Atlas Icon

« Reply #8 on: June 05, 2012, 10:31:38 PM »

You know, you should just create a thread titled "Winfield's Soapbox." Every time a sentence leaves Romney's mouth, you can go post it in there.

Now, that's not nice!

I believe most of what I post for discussion is of interest to readers and pertinent to today's events.         
Lincoln Republican
Winfield
Atlas Icon

« Reply #9 on: June 22, 2012, 10:46:54 PM »

http://newsbusters.org/blogs/noel-sheppard/2012/06/19/nyts-frank-bruni-after-obamas-g20-press-conference-he-doesnt-seem-com

Frank Bruni of NYT on Piers Morgan

Shortly after the press conference (G20 Summit in Mexico) ended, Morgan played a clip from the event and said to Bruni, “He looks a little bit on edge, the President, at the moment. A little less self-assured and calm.”

“Well, right there, I mean, he looked really de-energized,” responded Bruni. “I was watching him, you know, as he stepped to the podium. One of the whole advantages of being President, of being the incumbent, is you get those settings – the flags behind you, the podium. You get the international audience.”

“And he strode out there,” Bruni continued, “and the cadence of his speech was very slowed down. There was a lot of hemming and hawing. He got the first question from the press and answered, that answer went on and on and on, and he provided this really strange tutorial on European economic dynamics, and I just, I don’t think that’s what he went to do when he went to that microphone.”

Bruni put an exclamation point on this critique adding, “He doesn’t seem in command.”

No, he doesn't.

When columnists from the New York Times start not only thinking it but also saying it on national television, this President's in trouble.

Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies