Frank Bruni NYT on Obama: He doesn't seem in command. (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 04:37:01 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2012 Elections
  Frank Bruni NYT on Obama: He doesn't seem in command. (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Frank Bruni NYT on Obama: He doesn't seem in command.  (Read 10447 times)
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« on: June 01, 2012, 07:17:11 AM »

Right... The Republicans are free to use purely ideological issues in every cycle, but when Democrats are doing it, it's deception Roll Eyes
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2012, 10:43:34 AM »

Sure. We all know when a Republican candidate is using issues other than economy it's completely fine, but when a Democratic candidate is doing the same, that's a ploy to divert attention away.

Naturally, when George H. W. Bush, for example, was talking about school prayers during his campain in 1988, that was fine. When your beloved Mitt Romney was trying to cast himself more liberal on social issues than Ted Kennedy in 1994, that was fine too. But when Obama is endorsing gay marriage: OMG CONSPIRACY TO DIVERT OUR ATTENTION!

So, Winfield, I don't know whether you're an utter hypocrite, disconnected from reality or just enjoy your trolling. I sincerely hope it's the latter. Either way, it's just pathetic.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2012, 10:47:04 PM »

I wonder if you're capable of posting something better than "yes"/"no" or empty quote.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2012, 10:50:04 PM »

You know, you should just create a thread titled "Winfield's Soapbox." Every time a sentence leaves Romney's mouth, you can go post it in there.

Now, that's not nice!

I believe most of what I post for discussion is of interest to readers and pertinent to today's events.        

You and NHI, who I'm beginning to suspect may be an automatic-response machine, are nearly alone in that.

Also, the adjective form is 'Democratic'.

In Winfield's defense, is it wrong to wholeheartedly support Romney?  He's just passionate about his candidate.  He's not doing anything malicious.  He may be a little overbearing at times, but he's just passionate about his candidate.  Romney has just as much right to be celebrated on this forum as Obama does.

That's a huge understatement.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #4 on: June 05, 2012, 11:00:31 PM »

You know, you should just create a thread titled "Winfield's Soapbox." Every time a sentence leaves Romney's mouth, you can go post it in there.

Now, that's not nice!

I believe most of what I post for discussion is of interest to readers and pertinent to today's events.        

You and NHI, who I'm beginning to suspect may be an automatic-response machine, are nearly alone in that.

Also, the adjective form is 'Democratic'.

In Winfield's defense, is it wrong to wholeheartedly support Romney?  He's just passionate about his candidate.  He's not doing anything malicious.  He may be a little overbearing at times, but he's just passionate about his candidate.  Romney has just as much right to be celebrated on this forum as Obama does.

That's a huge understatement.

I can see where you're coming from, but I get the feeling, though, that if someone were to be just as passionate about Obama that not much would be said about it.

I can't speak for others. I despite hackery, whether it's about Obama or about Romney, or about someone else.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #5 on: June 06, 2012, 04:13:05 AM »

I see Winfield is opening a bottle of champagne every time he hear about the people losing their jobs, homes and insurance, because, you see, Obama is bad and Romney is awesome.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies