Frank Bruni NYT on Obama: He doesn't seem in command. (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 09:14:07 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2012 Elections
  Frank Bruni NYT on Obama: He doesn't seem in command. (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Frank Bruni NYT on Obama: He doesn't seem in command.  (Read 10464 times)
bore
YaBB God
United Kingdom

« on: June 01, 2012, 07:26:05 AM »

I actually read an article cited on a left-leaning political website that I'm fond of despite it's bias, that it does indeed appear that it's Obama off message, not Romney.

President Barack H. Obama consistently is off message. One day it's class warfare, the next it's war on women, the next day it's politicizing bin laden's death. I've heard some argue that Bush politicized 9/11. Indeed, 9/11 was a giant part of his Presidency, but you didn't see ads saying, "George Bush captured Saddam Hussein and John Kerry wouldn't have."

This is why I enjoy being a Republican so much. When I say what I truly feel, I often feel as though a majority of Americans agree with me. No matter how hard-hitting and slap-in-the-face blunt it may be, I always seem to be able to be free and clear with my beliefs.

On the other hand, it does seem that Democratic candidates, especially for national office, have difficulty being 100% truthful in their beliefs. This is why Barack Obama took so long to support gay marriage. Those of us who oppose it have been open and bluntly honest for years. You may disagree, but atleast we didn't cower to the slim minority of people who support liberal causes in fear of losing votes.

Are you really saying in the same breath, that hardly anyone supports gay marriage and that Obama is only supporting it to get votes?
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies