Obama says he supports same sex marriage, but what do Americans think?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 23, 2024, 07:14:40 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2012 Elections
  Obama says he supports same sex marriage, but what do Americans think?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: Obama says he supports same sex marriage, but what do Americans think?  (Read 4055 times)
True Federalist (진정한 연방 주의자)
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: June 02, 2012, 12:30:30 AM »

Forget Americans, I want to know what Amercians think.
HappyWarrior
hannibal
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -3.87, S: -0.35

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #26 on: June 02, 2012, 12:32:07 AM »

Don't get cute.

I said nothing about corruption, I didn't even imply it, you are the one putting your own spin on what I said.

I am talking about leadership, and if that is something you choose not to understand, that is up to you.      

I wasn't talking about corruption.  I'm just saying I'd prefer a leader who actually makes decisions based on what he thinks is right and doesn't switch them rather than a guy who goes whatever way the wind blows.  A big part of leadership is making a decision and sticking with it.  I'm not saying you can't develop your positions, thats fine.  I'm just saying don't switch up entirely just cause  you don't think people will vote for you.  Mittens isn't leading when he does things like that, he is just trying to get elected for the sake of getting elected.
Alcon
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #27 on: June 02, 2012, 07:07:56 AM »

The article you linked to is pretty weaksauce, considering the relatively decent amount of data out there post-decision.

To be fair, he does have a point. We'll just have to wait and see if there are more polls like in CO/NV/IA recently.

Obama's standing has declined, but this article makes an incredibly weak case for causation when there's plenty of potential data available.
Brittain33
brittain33
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #28 on: June 02, 2012, 07:33:47 AM »

Wait, people are taking Obama's stories about his daughters' friends at face value?

Really?
Alcon
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #29 on: June 02, 2012, 07:38:12 AM »

Wait, people are taking Obama's stories about his daughters' friends at face value?

Really?

Winfield is a little impressionable.
Donerail
Atlas Icon
« Reply #30 on: June 02, 2012, 07:49:37 AM »

Nah, I'd say their liberal school teachers are behind it, as is the case here in Canada. They try to "educate" the social conservative right out of you.

I believe that's a side effect of education in general.
Fmr President & Senator Polnut
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix
E: -2.71, S: -5.22

« Reply #31 on: June 02, 2012, 09:23:48 AM »

I was NEVER preached to at school...

Nah, I'd say their liberal school teachers are behind it, as is the case here in Canada. They try to "educate" the social conservative right out of you.

Hmmm.... interesting consequences of that comment
TJ in Oregon
TJ in Cleve
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.13, S: 6.96

« Reply #32 on: June 02, 2012, 11:30:16 AM »

Mostly it's a side effect of living on a college campus where social liberalism is the norm, although you can get the occasional professor with some kind of axe to grind about something. At least in my experience, it's not so much the class material that drives social liberalism on campus but more the school newspaper, student organizations, residential housing staff, tolerance of underage drinking and drug use, etc.

I was never preached to in elementary or high school either, though again, I have had a couple college profs with axes to grind.
Donerail
Atlas Icon
« Reply #33 on: June 02, 2012, 11:50:51 AM »

I was NEVER preached to at school...

Not saying preached to, saying education leads to learning and learning leads to tolerance.

Hmmm.... interesting consequences of that comment
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies