Obama says he supports same sex marriage, but what do Americans think? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 12:11:31 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2012 Elections
  Obama says he supports same sex marriage, but what do Americans think? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Obama says he supports same sex marriage, but what do Americans think?  (Read 4082 times)
Lincoln Republican
Winfield
Atlas Icon

« on: May 31, 2012, 11:29:47 PM »
« edited: May 31, 2012, 11:46:27 PM by Mitt Romney, Economic Heavyweight »

http://theothermccain.com/2012/05/15/distraction-tactic-backfires-romney-gains-in-polls-after-obama-gay-shift/

A New York Times article indicates voters are starting to see through Obama's motives.

Most Americans suspect that President Obama was motivated by politics, not policy, when he declared his support for same-sex marriage, according to a new poll released on Monday, suggesting that the unplanned way it was announced shaped public attitudes.
Lincoln Republican
Winfield
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2012, 11:45:10 PM »

Finally!
Lincoln Republican
Winfield
Atlas Icon

« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2012, 12:00:18 AM »

Actually, I think you mean my logic and spot on analysis.
Lincoln Republican
Winfield
Atlas Icon

« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2012, 09:24:21 PM »

I once listened to the radio and they said that Obama's daughters have friends with gay parents, and that Obama annouced his support because of them.

Oh, that's all America needs in these trying times, when we need a President Americans expect decisive leadership from, instead, what we get is a President who announces that he supports gay marriage, one of the most divisive and polarizing social issues ever in the history of the nation, based on the wishes of his two young daughters, as delightful as they are, who have friends with gay parents.

America deserves better than this.
Lincoln Republican
Winfield
Atlas Icon

« Reply #4 on: June 01, 2012, 10:02:21 PM »

That's all fine, and I do not have a problem with that,  but I am talking about leadership, and in this particular scenario, I don't see that as leadership, basing your decision on the fact your young children, who are very impressionable, have friends who have gay parents.
Lincoln Republican
Winfield
Atlas Icon

« Reply #5 on: June 02, 2012, 12:29:26 AM »

Don't get cute.

I said nothing about corruption, I didn't even imply it, you are the one putting your own spin on what I said.

I am talking about leadership, and if that is something you choose not to understand, that is up to you.      
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies