lol
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 16, 2024, 12:04:53 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Discussion
  Religion & Philosophy (Moderator: World politics is up Schmitt creek)
  lol
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: lol  (Read 925 times)
Phony Moderate
Obamaisdabest
Atlas Icon
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: June 01, 2012, 08:51:31 PM »

politicus
Atlas Icon
Denmark

« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2012, 05:20:22 AM »

Why lol? It is as I would have expected. Some people are religious, some are not and academics are less religious than the rest. No surprise there.
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -4.70

« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2012, 08:59:46 AM »

Well if the 10,000 were upped to 120,000 years, I might be less surprised about the high percentages in the right hand column for highly educated folks, the theory being that God popped down Cro-Magnun man who appeared around then, and proceeded rather promptly to off the Neanderthals. The 10,000 number just dumps science into the dust bin.
Alcon
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2012, 10:17:08 AM »

It would be nice if we could eliminate people who received their (associate's) degrees in Lyingtopollstersology.  I'd like to think they're a decent chunk of those totals.  I'd really, really like to.
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: June 02, 2012, 03:29:44 PM »

It would be nice if we could eliminate people who received their (associate's) degrees in Lyingtopollstersology.  I'd like to think they're a decent chunk of those totals.  I'd really, really like to.

Wasn't there one exit poll or something, where a third of the voters claimed they had post graduate degrees? Tongue
Redalgo
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #5 on: June 02, 2012, 03:33:03 PM »

I wonder how many of them thought "post-graduate" meant any degree acquired after completion of high school. That aside though, these numbers are less than encouraging. :<
🐒Gods of Prosperity🔱🐲💸
shua
Atlas Star
Nepal

Political Matrix
E: 1.29, S: -0.70

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #6 on: June 02, 2012, 09:29:50 PM »

Well if the 10,000 were upped to 120,000 years, I might be less surprised about the high percentages in the right hand column for highly educated folks, the theory being that God popped down Cro-Magnun man who appeared around then, and proceeded rather promptly to off the Neanderthals. The 10,000 number just dumps science into the dust bin.

Cro-Magnon arrived in Europe about 40,000 years ago, but they go back in Africa 120,000 years, while Neanderthals go back 300-400K years.
You see, even most highly educated people aren't all that well versed in the chronology of early humans.  Tongue

It would have been better if they had just asked "Humans did not evolve from other species, but were  created in their present form" without the timeframe part, since as it is there is a major view missing.
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #7 on: June 02, 2012, 09:33:35 PM »

I looked up that 120,000 number before I posted it. Smiley Actually, more plausible to me than God having popped down the Cro-Magnans is that they are space aliens. And there you have it!
True Federalist (진정한 연방 주의자)
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #8 on: June 02, 2012, 11:21:20 PM »

I looked up that 120,000 number before I posted it. Smiley Actually, more plausible to me than God having popped down the Cro-Magnans is that they are space aliens. And there you have it!

Who do think will win the Pak-12 this year?
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies