Adam Griffin Senate Campaign HQ - Chattanooga, TN - The Southern Candidate
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 16, 2024, 03:55:45 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Adam Griffin Senate Campaign HQ - Chattanooga, TN - The Southern Candidate
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 4
Author Topic: Adam Griffin Senate Campaign HQ - Chattanooga, TN - The Southern Candidate  (Read 11525 times)
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix
E: -7.35, S: -6.26

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: June 03, 2012, 08:28:16 PM »
« edited: February 07, 2013, 10:34:36 PM by McLintard! »

==================
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

IDS Legislature candidate Adam Griffin speaks to supporters at first press conference

June 3, 2012 - Glenn Hotel, Atlanta, GA

Less than 48 hours ago, I officially announced my candidacy for the IDS Legislature in the upcoming June Class B Elections. It is with this decision that the Labor Party of Atlasia can mark an historic occasion: the first Labor Party candidacy in the South in the history of the Party. While this may prove to be an exhilarating opportunity, I could not be humbler as I seek the support of Southerners from all walks of life across the IDS as we move forward in the pursuit of an ever-better future.

Being the lone member of the Labor Party currently residing in the IDS, I realize the inevitable uphill battle facing my candidacy as we seek to improve the living and working conditions of all Atlasians, with particular emphasis on those residing in the IDS. This does not deter me; in fact, it may be the single biggest force calling me to action. The attitudes of isolation and regression must be countered with the attitudes of openness and progress, no matter what the odds.

My candidacy – along with my potential election to the IDS Legislature – will always be in the pursuit of a brighter future that embodies the spirit of progressive social and economic causes. It has also been established with the knowledge that all human beings living in a modern society – particularly citizens of the South – have basic tangible rights and guarantees that cannot be denied nor provided in exchange for profit by private entities. Furthermore, all citizens of Atlasia residing in the South have the right to the ideals of self-determination, social and economic mobility, personal choice regarding their bodies and minds and freedom from totalitarian rule.

If elected, some of the broader ideals with which I wish to assist include:

• The establishment of a competitive electoral environment within the South that takes into account the aspirations and desires of the common citizen.
  • The regulation of the economy and free-market sectors through one of two options: direct market competition by the government, or progressive taxation.
  • The full realization of universal human rights, including but not limited to: worker's rights, women's rights, LGBT rights, minority rights, water rights, food rights, mobility rights, reproductive rights, the right to transparent information and the right of the individual to engage in whatever personal behavior desired, so long as said behavior does not directly impact another individual or society at-large in a negative or harmful way.
  • The concept of social order and equality, through which all citizens of Atlasia are tied together and which must be realized in order to provide an equal playing field for all citizens in their social and economic endeavors.
  • The elimination of all restrictions – whether enacted, proposed or perceived; economic, social or ideological in nature – that segregate and isolate the South from the rest of Atlasia, which shall not be misconstrued to refer to the abolition of a Southern identity.

Being a pragmatist, however, I realize that any campaign, candidate or elected official needs to have concrete goals in mind in order to affect change. My number one goal in my first term as IDS Legislator will be to introduce legislation obligating the members of the Legislature, in conjunction with a standing committee, to fully update all IDS-related information via the Atlas Wiki by no later than August 15, 2012. In environments such as this, access to information from times gone by is crucial for quick, accurate decision-making from our elected leaders and well-established citizens. It is also vital to new citizens who wish to learn about the process that has led us here, but cannot find all the relevant information in one location.

My second goal as IDS Legislator will be to review all current laws on the books in order to determine whether there are duplications, redundancies or superficial aspects to current law that are less than necessary. I will then issue a report with my findings for consideration, with the goal being that the IDS Legislature will repeal any such legislation meeting the above criteria.

I look forward to speaking with many of you over the coming weeks and hearing your questions, concerns and comments. I hope to be just one part of a greater trend in Atlasia in which the needs and ambitions of the people of the South are realized in totality.
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2012, 08:31:17 PM »

Endorsed bro.
Donerail
Atlas Icon
« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2012, 08:38:18 PM »

Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2012, 09:34:52 PM »

It's great to see somebody going to the trouble of campaigning for the Legislature. Good luck, man.
Oakvale
oakvale
Atlas Icon
Ukraine
Political Matrix
E: -0.77, S: -4.00

« Reply #4 on: June 03, 2012, 10:00:48 PM »

Endorsed! Smiley
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix

« Reply #5 on: June 03, 2012, 10:22:39 PM »

I appreciate the support and encouragement from everyone. Smiley I will be publishing an itinerary of my planned campaign stops throughout the IDS very shortly.
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix

« Reply #6 on: June 03, 2012, 11:22:26 PM »
« Edited: June 12, 2012, 02:48:54 PM by Adam Griffin »

==================
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

Publication of campaign stops

6/3/12 - Atlanta, GA (Glenn Hotel)
6/4/12 - Miami, FL (Days Inn and Suites)
6/5/12 - Gulfport, MS
6/5/12 - New Orleans, LA (The Roosevelt New Orleans Hotel)

6/7/12 - Beaumont, TX (Southeast Texas Regional Airport)
6/8/12 - Nyman
6/10/12 - Memphis, TN (Evil Granite Pentagram Monstrosity)
6/10/12 - Birmingham, AL (16th Street Baptist Church)

6/11/12 - Chattanooga, TN (Coolidge Park)
6/11/12 - Asheville, NC (Biltmore Estate)

6/13/12 - Greenville, SC (Fluor Field)
The world will shine with light in our nightmare
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -7.48

P P P

« Reply #7 on: June 04, 2012, 02:01:26 AM »

Nyman and Oklahoma aren't in the IDS.  Just a heads up. Wink
Donerail
Atlas Icon
« Reply #8 on: June 04, 2012, 07:35:52 AM »
« Edited: June 04, 2012, 07:37:58 AM by SoEA SJoyceFla »

Nyman and Oklahoma aren't in the IDS.  Just a heads up. Wink

Neither is Missouri, Kentucky, West Virginia, Virginia, Maryland, or Delaware (but Puerto Rico is). Think that's all the states that could be considered Southern that aren't IDS.
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix

« Reply #9 on: June 04, 2012, 11:20:03 AM »
« Edited: June 04, 2012, 11:27:13 AM by Adam Griffin »

Nyman and Oklahoma aren't in the IDS.  Just a heads up. Wink

I'll blame my campaign staff for the OK screw-up. Wink I have no idea how it ended up on the list. I'm relieved, actually, at the thought of not having to visit the suburbs of Oklahoma City. The Nyman stop is planned as a special event.
Yelnoc
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #10 on: June 04, 2012, 12:57:09 PM »

As PiT said, it's great to see someone campaigning.  It remains to be seen what your competition will be like.
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix

« Reply #11 on: June 04, 2012, 09:13:42 PM »

==================
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

Miami campaign stop discusses income inequality, to the chagrin of Cuban-Atlasians

June 4, 2012 - Days Inn and Suites, Miami, FL

IDS Legislature Candidate Adam Griffin made the second of eleven campaign stops on Monday at the Days Inn and Suites on Miami Beach. When one reporter inquired as to why the Days Inn and Suites was the selected venue, the candidate responded, "It's the only place on the strip that anyone can afford!".

Once the jokes were set aside, Griffin explained that too many citizens living in the IDS face inequality when traveling to urban venues such as Miami. "Residents face a shockingly large amount of fiscal inequality when visiting or moving to urban areas and the marked contrast in standard of livings is something that must be addressed. Part of being an Atlasian means being able to lift yourself up out of the Days Inn and choose the Howard Johnson if you so wish. We should all strive for complimentary Wi-Fi."

Many Cuban-Atlasians in the audience did not appreciate Griffin's message of income inequality, along with the gigantic banners hanging from the exterior of the building. When questioned about the apparent gaffe, campaign staffers insisted that the photo was taken the same day in Miami, printed on the spot and delivered immediately before the gathering of approximately 100 individuals. "The hat was keeping his hair in place and the sunglasses obviously protect his eyes from such strong UVs that you find this far south", one aide remarked.

Griffin will be speaking tomorrow in Gulfport, MS and New Orleans, LA, where a cocktail dinner will be held at the Roosevelt New Orleans Hotel.
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix

« Reply #12 on: June 06, 2012, 12:49:50 AM »

==================
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

Silence in Gulfport, great times in The Big Easy

June 5, 2012 - Gulfport, New Orleans

IDS Legislature candidate Adam Griffin's campaign arrived in Gulfport, MS this morning, only to quickly discover that no one lives in Mississippi. The campaign realized shortly after entering the state that things weren't right, nearly sliding off of I-10 due to giant bird dung-slicks.

Speaking to several hundred seagulls and approximately a half-dozen irradiated crabs, Griffin expressed his concern with the malaise of the area. "Nobody wants to live in Mississippi anymore. People are tired of being the last in Atlasia at everything. Both the federal and regional governments have a hand in this mess, and it's sad that such a potentially valuable state is currently going to waste".

Some preliminary suggestions made by Griffin sought to capitalize on the lack of residents and their impact on the zoning process. "Entire areas can be repurposed into exclusive agricultural corridors, renewable energy can be generated along the coasts and the Mississippi River, there's plenty of gambling tourism that can be brought to the state, and plenty of prime hunting spots", Griffin was quoted as saying. It is unclear whether there is large support among local crabs for offshore wind farms.

At a planned cocktail event in New Orleans later that evening, Griffin drove home the need for land reclamation within the state of Louisiana. "One of the most populous states in the IDS is losing land faster than any other state in Atlasia. Combine this with the obesity statistics in Louisiana and we are talking about a serious density problem."

Besides the ghost of Huey Long being facetious throughout the cocktail dinner, the event was marked as a success for Griffin as he continues his tour across the Gulf. On Thursday, Griffin will speak in Beaumont, TX prior to a special trip to Nyman for a meeting with elected officials and senior aides.

CatoMinor
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #13 on: June 06, 2012, 11:17:48 PM »

Good luck sir. Smiley
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix

« Reply #14 on: June 06, 2012, 11:18:55 PM »

Thanks! You too. Smiley
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix

« Reply #15 on: June 07, 2012, 10:48:55 PM »
« Edited: June 07, 2012, 10:59:14 PM by Adam Griffin »

==================
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

Griffin finishes tour of the Gulf with stop in Beaumont

June 7, 2012 - Beaumont, Texas

The final of three stops along the Gulf brought IDS candidate Adam Griffin to the powerhouse suburb of Beaumont on Thursday, with several dozen individuals braving the trek through airport security to see the candidate prior to a take-off for Nyman.

Griffin, who lost several sneak-a-tokes and approximately one-quarter ounce of Alabama Kush as a result of frisky airport inspectors, lamented the role that aviation officials play in the screening of airport passengers. "We don't need activist airports telling us what we can and cannot put in our bodies, bellies and the bellies of these airplanes. I didn't realize I was flying out of Hartsfield".

The candidate referenced his plan to review all regional laws for redundancy and how he would specifically seek to abolish any airline-related laws that serve no security-related purpose. "If I wanted to blow up Beaumont, I'd go down to the oil fields, not the airport. BOOM!", Griffin was later quoted as saying. Beaumont was the site of the first major oil discovery in Texas. Griffin was given a barrel of oil as a souvenir by the local CoC.

Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix

« Reply #16 on: June 09, 2012, 01:01:45 AM »
« Edited: June 11, 2012, 02:35:26 AM by Adam Griffin »

==================
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

Griffin lands in Nyman for meeting with aides, reporters

June 8, 2012 - Nyman

IDS candidate Adam Griffin took an intermission in the campaign Friday to make a quick stop in Nyman for informal discussions with senior aides. In traditional Southern fashion, Griffin lambasted the federal government's overreaching role in IDS affairs while simultaneously citing areas in which Nyman has dropped the ball on economic assistance. "Lagging in unemployment, job growth and a variety of other measurements, the IDS continues to suffer at the hands of a mismanaged Nyman", Griffin was overheard saying to one aide.

On the docket were subjects such as improvements in metropolitan and regional transportation systems, a concept that Griffin insists will improve the median income in traditionally impoverished areas by allowing individuals to commute to larger cities with higher wages.

In a short press conference following the meeting, Griffin reiterated his support, saying "government may not have the right to redistribute wealth, but wealth must find ways of flowing freely through the economy in order for capitalism to work. Instead of driving 100 miles to a major city for employment, an individual can commute that distance through high-speed rail in just 20 minutes and be at home in time for dinner. Poorer areas can bring more money back to their communities, which lessens some of the economic stagnation we're seeing".

Griffin later clarified that it was perfectly acceptable and not hypocrisy for the IDS to receive redistributed funds via the federal government, stating that "The South's coffers will rise again".

Memphis and Birmingham will be visited by the candidate on Sunday.
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix

« Reply #17 on: June 11, 2012, 02:34:44 AM »

==================
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

Two stops on Sunday in the Heart of Dixie

June 10, 2012 - Memphis, Birmingham

Standing in front of the Evil Granite Pentagram Monstrosity, IDS candidate Adam Griffin spoke to a crowd about the excesses of regional spending. "Large commitments such as this by our government kills the belief that we can do great things with our collective resources", Griffin said in reference to the building.

The candidate emphasized his belief in the power of public spending, but noted that not all public spending is valid. Griffin said he believed that "there should always be a clearly demonstrable benefit to any form of spending. Besides the general economic stimulus of injecting money into the economy, more specific gains in measurement of general welfare or wealth generation must be a result as well".

Preaching to the choir later that day at 16th Street Baptist Church in Birmingham, candidate Griffin spoke on the state of democracy in the IDS. "This is imperialism. We have it in our name. We have it in our legislature, 40% of which is unelected."

In reference to the two incumbent legislators running for office that were appointed, HagridOfTheDeep and mechaman, Griffin contrasted his candidacy by saying that "one candidate is an avowed inactive bureaucrat and broni hater, and the other candidate is active but simply too far to the right and violates all sorts of residential laws regarding animal possession. We don't need hoarders and bronigots in our legislature."

Griffin will head to the Tennessee Valley tomorrow in a campaign stop to his native Chattanooga area before crossing the Great Smokies in a later visit to the Biltmore Estate.
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix

« Reply #18 on: June 12, 2012, 02:43:31 PM »

==================
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

Down by the river and up in the mountains, Griffin in the homestretch of campaigning

June 11, 2012 - Chattanooga, Asheville

Speaking from Coolidge Park in Chattanooga, across the river from the annual Riverbend festivities, IDS Legislature candidate Adam Griffin spoke about the importance of tourism for the region. "Chattanooga is a prime example of what a Southern city can strive to be when it has a plan: full of tourism and entertainment, stable housing prices, low unemployment, natural green spaces, the fastest internet in the country and plenty of wanna-be progressives".

Citing infrastructure as the only reason people even know about Chattanooga, Griffin underscored the need for communities all across the IDS to work together on regional tourism initiatives that will attract new businesses, residents and vacationers alike. "We can't leave potential revenue on the table, up for grabs by other regions", Griffin said after leading the latte liberal crowd in a zesty rendition of "Gimme Da Loot".

Griffin later stopped at the Biltmore Estate in Asheville, NC for a planned fundraiser with several of his bundlers. Prior to entering the event, Griffin stressed the need for change in the Legislature. "Between the status quo safeguarding its interests, a lack of clearly defined political ideologies eliminated by mehderates and inactive bureaucrats choking off the potential for progress, it's no wonder nobody wants to be involved with regional politics", Griffin told a crowd of reporters while splashing around in the Biltmore House Fountain.  
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix

« Reply #19 on: June 13, 2012, 11:50:20 PM »

==================
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

Last campaign stop cancelled

June 13, 2012 - Greenville

With the egregious emergence of Northern Aggression in the IDS, the final campaign stop in Greenville, SC has been cancelled as I stand in solidarity with our Southern brothers and sisters. This - in my opinion - is the best action we can take in the short-term as the IDS considers measures designed to offset this violation of our territory and assets.
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #20 on: June 18, 2012, 02:37:47 AM »

Wow congratulations! Smiley
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix

« Reply #21 on: June 18, 2012, 02:51:09 AM »

Thanks!
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix

« Reply #22 on: June 18, 2012, 03:21:30 AM »
« Edited: June 18, 2012, 04:03:07 AM by Adam Griffin »

==================
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

Griffin elected to IDS Legislature, becomes Labor's first Southern elected official

June 18, 2012 - Chattanooga

I would like to thank everyone who had faith in this campaign. Despite great uphill odds, we managed to defy them. In a very competitive race with multiple ideologies on the table for Southerners to choose from, this race was one of the most exciting regional elections in recent months. It is a testimony to the strength of progressive values and how effective they can be, even in areas where they may not be the majority opinion. I look forward to begin work on the issues I have championed (Wiki modernization, law review) as well as collaborating with our other legislators on a variety of issues that the region faces.

Congratulations to Jbrase, being elected as Legislator in this election as well. We all know he'll do a great job as Legislator, just as he has in many other positions of elected office. I would also like to extend my gratitude to IDS Legislators HagridOfTheDeep and Mechaman for their service to the region over the past two months and look forward to their involvement in lively discussion in the future.

Redalgo
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #23 on: June 18, 2012, 03:55:30 AM »

Congratulations are in order for this groundbreaking success, Adam, and best of wishes for your efforts in the legislature! Smile
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix

« Reply #24 on: June 18, 2012, 04:02:30 AM »

Congratulations are in order for this groundbreaking success, Adam, and best of wishes for your efforts in the legislature! Smile

Thanks! I can't wait to see you in the Senate, as I know the Midwest will make the right choice. Smiley LLL!
Pages: [1] 2 3 4  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies