Wisconsin Recall: Swing Map (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 11:32:54 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Gubernatorial/State Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  Wisconsin Recall: Swing Map (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Wisconsin Recall: Swing Map  (Read 5181 times)
Vosem
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 8.13, S: -6.09

« on: June 06, 2012, 10:12:12 AM »

I guess its not surprising that the core counties in the Circle of Ignorance swung towards Walker.
could you draw this circle for me?

Its a DKE term meaning:

The disgustingly Republican suburbs of Milwaukee, namely Waukesha, Washington, and Ozaukee counties. They have our undying enmity for voting almost three-to-one against such Democrats as Sen. John Kerry (in 2004), Sen. Russ Feingold (in 2010), and JoAnne Kloppenburg (in 2011).

I am familiar with DKE terminology, but that's rather stupid. Those counties form Half a Semicircle of Ignorance (if you're going to consider voting consistently, strongly Republican ignorance, but this is DKE so I'll take that for granted).

There really wasn't a strong swing in either direction for either candidate, which matches the meager 1% shift from 2010.

Your map seems to show the northern half of the state swung towards Walker (except for the Lake Superior coast, which had no particular swing), while the more densely populated southern half didn't really swing at all. So there seems to have been a noticeable, but weak, swing for Walker.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies