2012-2013 National Football League Predictions and Pre-season talk
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 07:47:37 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Off-topic Board (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, The Mikado, YE)
  2012-2013 National Football League Predictions and Pre-season talk
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: 2012-2013 National Football League Predictions and Pre-season talk  (Read 1345 times)
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.77, S: 3.48

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: June 11, 2012, 05:42:04 PM »

We are roughly 5 weeks from Training Camp of the 2012-2013 NFL Season and just under 8 weeks from the Hall of Fame game between the Arizona Cardinals vs. New Orleans Saints.

What are your divison standing predictions?  Playoff predictions?  Super Bowl XLVII (47) Predictions?

Who are the suprise teams, both in improvement and decline.

Which coaches get canned in January or February?
Хahar 🤔
Xahar
Atlas Legend
Bangladesh

Political Matrix
E: -6.77, S: 0.61

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2012, 08:43:19 PM »

Even with the tough schedule, the division looks to be guaranteed this year. Getting the first-round bye will be a challenge, though.
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2012, 08:55:32 PM »

Even with the tough schedule, the division looks to be guaranteed this year. Getting the first-round bye will be a challenge, though.

Indeed, I'm very excited about the team this year. Problem is, Fangio's defenses have a tendency to regress in subsequent years. Our offense has received a big injection of talent this offseason, so now we need them to make things happen.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.77, S: 3.48

« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2012, 09:08:16 PM »

Looks like Chad Ochocinco has signed a one-year deal with the Miami Dolphins.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/8040077/chad-ochocinco-miami-dolphins-agree-1-year-deal

He's going home.

Thoughts?

argentarius
Ireland, Republic of

« Reply #4 on: June 12, 2012, 08:30:37 PM »

AFC looking really strong this year, with the Patriots looking like the best team. Patriots, Steelers, Ravens (my team), Broncos and Texans should grab a playoff spot each, leaving a mad scramble for the last one between the Jets, Bills, Bengals, Titans, Chargers, Chiefs and Raiders. As for the Dolphins, Browns, Colts and jags, it's looking really bleak this year. I think out of those four teams only the Colts will have good QB play. Tannehill and Weedon have very few receiving options and Blaine Gabbert, well, he closes his eyes in the face of the blitz. If any team goes from worst to first in the AFC it's got to be the Chiefs, very complete offense and a defense that loves it's head coach and Eric Winston should prove a good offseason addition.

As for the NFC, the Packers have to be the favourites, but it also has lot of talented teams. Out west I think the 49ers should have it, while the hawks and cards should improve their play, but not their records (cards played like a 4-12 team last year but got bailed out on numerous occasions). I can't wait to see if Sam Bradford is as good a pick as Matthew Stafford was. I only see 1 team coming out of here. Similar story in the NFC east. Skins should improve, but not nearly enough to challenge. Giants are of course SB champions, but I have a hard time seeing past the Eagles, very possibly it's a 3-horse race all the way to the finish line. Cowboys offense looking awesome next year, but the question mark is always the defense. As for the North and South, my god I fear for the Vikings, if the other 3 stay healthy they will absolutely run riot in the passing game and have an improved defense, 3 teams could come out of the NFC north, or the NFC South. The Falcons could fall off the pace out of sheer frustration. This year is a big test of resilience. Despite all the controversy the Saints are still an absolutely incredible team and should power through to the playoffs. I don't think Josh Freeman is as good as he's made out to be, but surely it can get no worse than last year. The Panthers are looking unstoppable next year, relative to what they were before Cam Newton. The defensive line and secondary are average at best units, but the linebacker corps is unreal. I fancy Kuechly, Beason and Anderson to start, but have no idea where. They can all play every linebacker position with their athletic abilities. Davis could also be in with a shot at starting, but last year's unimpressive unit looks on the way out, bar Anderson. Best covering linebacker corps in the league, whilst also having 3 run stuffers. If Brandon LaFell can make the leap to being a good no. 2 WR the offense will be among the league's best, provided Cam has no sophomore slump.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies