If Obama wins in 2012, does Christie run for reelection in 2013?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 20, 2024, 09:07:53 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Gubernatorial/State Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  If Obama wins in 2012, does Christie run for reelection in 2013?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Poll
Question: If Obama wins in 2012, does Christie run for reelection in 2013?
yes

no

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 39

Author Topic: If Obama wins in 2012, does Christie run for reelection in 2013?  (Read 7577 times)
hopper
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: July 08, 2012, 07:12:20 PM »
« edited: July 08, 2012, 07:14:44 PM by hopper »

Christie runs for re-election in 2013. Democratic opposition will either be former US Rep Steve Rothman who was a victim of redistricting. US Rep Robert Andrews from South Jersey who ran for Governor in 1997 but lost in the primary to McGreevey.

No it won't.

It'll be a State Senator or Assemblyman. I'm thinking either Buono or Greenwald.
Buono is a disaster. She lost her Majority Leader spot in the state senate to Loretta Weinberg. Greenwald? Ah maybe kind of a centrist dem like Sweeney is. Those South Jersey Dems are nowhere near as liberal as their Northern Jersey Counterparts on economic issues.

Andrews? Yeah nice candidate but I think his time has passed to get the Dem Nomination I think for Governor. I personally don't want to see Rothman run. He will bring us back to the Corzine days of too much spending.

I think if Christie doesn't run in 2013 for Governor in the Repubican Candidates might be one of the Kean Brothers(Tom Jr. or his brother Sean), or Joe Kyrollis.

I personally though do want to see Christie run for re-election which I think he will. He has brought good reforms to this state. Still there is more to be done....
Small Business Owner of Any Repute
Mr. Moderate
Atlas Icon
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #26 on: July 09, 2012, 12:09:15 AM »

There seems to be some obsession with Cory Booker taking down Christie. And I get it, it's a nice thought. But the thing is, Cory Booker and Christie have a terrific working relationship. Christie got elected, in no small part, due to Democrats like Booker sitting on their hands during his race vs. Corzine.

Booker gets absolutely nothing out of challenging Christie in 2013. He's got to stab a dude he helped get elected in the back, which makes him look terrible to the other insiders he has to deal with. He gets a hard race that he's not even favored to win. He gets retribution from the Christie admin post-2013 if he loses. He loses any sense of power he has over the Democratic party as the savior, the one to unite the warring factions of the NJ Dems via power of pure charisma. He loses frontrunner status for 2017, which is ridiculous, because he'd be heavily favored if he ran for the '17 open seat.

Chris Christie may lose in 2013. He probably won't. Democrats' best bet here is former Gov. Dick Codey in the sense that the public has a positive opinion of him, but he's got troubles when it comes to uniting the Democratic party factions. Funny how that works. It'd make for a very interesting, academic rate: ugly turnout in the cities, offset by better than expected margins in the suburbs.

No other Democrat will really have the resources to win. Republicans have been PHENOMENALLY smart about applying pressure to Pallone to make sure he doesn't have a massive bankroll in his congressional account to start out the 2013 election with. It's just a really hard state to run a campaign in if you're out of power and your opponent is favored. Jim McGreevey kind of limped to the finish line in 1997. He was just lucky he had a terrific message.
hopper
United States

« Reply #27 on: July 09, 2012, 01:19:28 PM »

There seems to be some obsession with Cory Booker taking down Christie. And I get it, it's a nice thought. But the thing is, Cory Booker and Christie have a terrific working relationship. Christie got elected, in no small part, due to Democrats like Booker sitting on their hands during his race vs. Corzine.

Booker gets absolutely nothing out of challenging Christie in 2013. He's got to stab a dude he helped get elected in the back, which makes him look terrible to the other insiders he has to deal with. He gets a hard race that he's not even favored to win. He gets retribution from the Christie admin post-2013 if he loses. He loses any sense of power he has over the Democratic party as the savior, the one to unite the warring factions of the NJ Dems via power of pure charisma. He loses frontrunner status for 2017, which is ridiculous, because he'd be heavily favored if he ran for the '17 open seat.

Chris Christie may lose in 2013. He probably won't. Democrats' best bet here is former Gov. Dick Codey in the sense that the public has a positive opinion of him, but he's got troubles when it comes to uniting the Democratic party factions. Funny how that works. It'd make for a very interesting, academic rate: ugly turnout in the cities, offset by better than expected margins in the suburbs.

No other Democrat will really have the resources to win. Republicans have been PHENOMENALLY smart about applying pressure to Pallone to make sure he doesn't have a massive bankroll in his congressional account to start out the 2013 election with. It's just a really hard state to run a campaign in if you're out of power and your opponent is favored. Jim McGreevey kind of limped to the finish line in 1997. He was just lucky he had a terrific message.
Codey was actually kind of popular with Republican Voters in the state when he was an interm governor after Jim McGreevey left.

McGreevey that message he had worked 4 years later for him though. He even carried Ocean County when he won the governorship in 2001.
© tweed
Miamiu1027
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #28 on: July 18, 2012, 07:45:43 PM »

Democrats need to pour $100M+ into NJ 2013.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #29 on: July 18, 2012, 10:20:13 PM »

Corzine is a little tied up for the next few years.
© tweed
Miamiu1027
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #30 on: July 19, 2012, 12:10:45 AM »

Corzine is a little tied up for the next few years.

yes, as if he would lend a hand, but I have scores to settle!  nothing blocks coitus like a paternal figure, aloof as he may be, and he's voting one way... Christie to the dustbin!
krazen1211
Junior Chimp

« Reply #31 on: July 22, 2012, 11:09:22 PM »

Booker has already conceded that Christie is unbeatable. Especially by a teachers union lackey like Buono or Weinberg.
Zioneer
PioneerProgress
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #32 on: July 23, 2012, 12:20:18 AM »

Booker has already conceded that Christie is unbeatable. Especially by a teachers union lackey like Buono or Weinberg.

You really think teachers unions have that much power? Seriously?
Miles
MilesC56
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #33 on: July 23, 2012, 12:41:13 AM »

I agree with krazen. With either Democrat, this is shaping up to be Christie's race to lose.
Zioneer
PioneerProgress
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #34 on: July 23, 2012, 07:50:31 PM »

I agree with krazen. With either Democrat, this is shaping up to be Christie's race to lose.

Well, I wasn't referencing the election, I was more referencing his "teachers union lackey" comment, since krazen seems to be under the belief that teachers unions are powerful enough to have any political candidate in their pocket.

Obviously though, yes, Christie is nigh-unstoppable at this point, unless there's a dead girl/live boy thing going on.
RogueBeaver
Atlas Star
Canada
« Reply #35 on: July 23, 2012, 07:52:50 PM »

Christie is considering not running again, or so says Politico. If an open seat then the Dem will win.
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #36 on: July 23, 2012, 09:02:21 PM »

From the Politico article:

http://www.politico.com/news/stories/0712/78730.html

You must be logged in to read this quote.
Small Business Owner of Any Repute
Mr. Moderate
Atlas Icon
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #37 on: July 24, 2012, 12:37:57 AM »

Teachers unions are exceptionally powerful in New Jersey; certainly more so than any other state I've ever lived in.
krazen1211
Junior Chimp

« Reply #38 on: July 24, 2012, 10:01:27 PM »

Good sir, if you are serious about that inquiry, let me link to you their own policy paper on what, before Christie, was a 'challenging' legislative session. Then, imagine for yourself what they did in a 'non challenging' legislative session.

And, compare education spending per pupil in your home state of Utah to New Jersey.

http://www.aimitsolutions.com/njea/WestNewYorkEA/absolutenm/articlefiles/40-NJEA%E2%80%99s%20Legistative%20Successes.pdf

PENSION AND HEALTH BENEFITS LEGISLATION (P.L. 2007, c.103): This new law
makes several changes to public employee pension and health benefits plans. It codifies NJEA~s agreement with the Corzine Administration during the Special Legislative Session on Property Tax Reform. Most significantly, this bill guarantees eligible public school employees' premium free post-retirement medical benefits. NJEA worked tirelessly with Administration and
legislative officials to draft and enact this historic piece of legislation.
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies