Liberal National Convention, June 2012 - Houston, TX -- Standing In Solidarity
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 03:19:22 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Liberal National Convention, June 2012 - Houston, TX -- Standing In Solidarity
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: Liberal National Convention, June 2012 - Houston, TX -- Standing In Solidarity  (Read 3445 times)
Kaine for Senate '18
benconstine
Atlas Superstar
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: June 07, 2012, 09:28:22 PM »

I don't know if I can change my vote, but JCL's debate answers are terrifying. Despite serious disagreements with Ben's platform, I support giving him the Liberal endorsement.

You know, I haven't really unveiled a platform Tongue  What issues do you have with my positions?
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #26 on: June 07, 2012, 09:41:45 PM »

I don't know if I can change my vote, but JCL's debate answers are terrifying. Despite serious disagreements with Ben's platform, I support giving him the Liberal endorsement.

You know, I haven't really unveiled a platform Tongue  What issues do you have with my positions?

Probably the same ones I do.
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #27 on: June 08, 2012, 02:02:19 AM »

Governor Napoleon arrives in Houston, later than expected

First, I’d like to welcome my good friend and future Vice President Kalwejt to the Liberal Party. I hope you feel at home here.

I am honored to receive the endorsement and support of the Liberal Party, and am hopeful I can lead our party to another victory in this election. President Polnut has put this nation back on track and we have so much to look forward to in the future. This is the election that will decide whether we continue a record of progress in Atlasia that could lead us to an Atlasian Renaissance. I am the candidate that will lead us to the future, a future of activity and energy. Some have been critical of my approach. After all, I march to my own beat, and Kalwejt to his own. The difference between us and the other candidates: we’re marching forward. I ask the nation to march forward with us.

Tweed was on to something when he mentioned the complete lack of passion that is encouraged in this game. Not me. I never have, and never will, walk on eggshells to please as many people as possible. I will stand up for what I believe is right and I will fight for the values we share. This does not mean we reject our opponents and their beliefs outright. It was passion, not partisanship, that caused me to work with Jake Matthews to save the Northeast from inactivity and immobility. It was passion, not partisanship, that led me to work with President Polnut and Senators across the ideological spectrum to bring our troops home safely.  It was passion, not partisanship, that had me working across partisan lines to bring Constitutional reform to the Northeast, help pass Social Security reform, make our healthcare system sustainable and affordable with a bipartisan approach, and reform the Vice Presidency along with Kalwejt in the Senate. I’ve worked closely with Liberals, Laborites, and even Whigs in the Northeast Assembly and am prepared to do the same as President. In fact, I am looking forward to working with a diverse and active Senate.

It is easy for candidates to talk about what they will do as President. It is easy to promise activity. I’m willing to do better than what is easy. I have shown, over the course of two Assembly terms, two Senate terms, and one Gubernatorial term, that I am ready and able to serve you as President. I have been active, yes, but I have also used my activity to keep others active and interested. My proposals in the Senate generated well over 100 pages of debate. I proudly stand by my record in office. While Nyman sure can be a strange place, I promise not to forget what brought me here to Houston, to accept this nomination with gratitude. I will still work across party lines for the benefit of Atlasia. I will still have my ears open for my constituents to offer their opinions and advice. I will still work hard to represent you and maintain the best of what Atlasia has to offer.

If you vote for Kalwejt and I, you’re voting for a team of pragmatists who have a record of accomplishment and activity. You’re voting for a team with experience and ideas. A team that believes in unity and accountability. If you agree that Atlasia can do better, join us in the fight. Thank you and Dave Bless Atlasia!
The world will shine with light in our nightmare
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -7.48

P P P

« Reply #28 on: June 09, 2012, 05:29:17 PM »

As Chair, I hereby declare this convention over.

Thanks to all who attended.
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies