Innovation & Reformation PAC
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 03:28:21 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Innovation & Reformation PAC
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Innovation & Reformation PAC  (Read 1122 times)
Donerail
Atlas Icon
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: May 01, 2012, 07:30:11 PM »
« edited: May 12, 2012, 12:21:09 PM by IDS Legislator SJoyceFla »

The new offices of the former Freedom PAC, now with a more distinct name and a new logo, and under new management, namely myself. Same as the last one, focused on helping pro-liberty candidates such as 20RP12/WinDis, and Jerseyrules, to name a few.

Basic platform-type things include: shrinking the scope of government, restoration of civil liberties, anti-imperialism, and a foreign policy as espoused in general here. We'll be endorsing regional/senatorial candidates as well, and unlike our predecessor, we will accept donations above $100 as long as it doesn't come from unscrupulous groups (ie: "we'll give you a few million if you endorse indefinite detention/DADT/torture 'enhanced interrogation'/the surveillance state"; none of that kinda thing. "We'll give you a few million because you stand against those things", is okay).

Super PAC offices open here

These offices shall be used for training volunteers, holding events, phone banks, research, holding dinners, and other things of that sort in support of pro-liberty candidates.
Donerail
Atlas Icon
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2012, 10:50:07 PM »

IDS Legislator SJoyceFla stopped in Annapolis, MD today as part of the now PAC-run completely independent non-cooperating whistlestop tour for 20RP12.

His speech touched on the core themes of foreign polic and the military under a 20RP12 administration, specifically how 20RP12 would stop foreign entanglements and eliminate the maintenance of a global empire. Under him, Atlasia shall not partake in any foreign wars of aggression. Atlasians don't want war. That doesn't mean there wouldn't be a war in self-defense or if the legislature declares it, but it does mean that there shall be no wars declared without the consent and declaration of the legislature.
Donerail
Atlas Icon
« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2012, 01:30:49 PM »

Stop in Nyman today as part of the whistlestop tour.

"Hello, Nyman! Center of politics, and of resulting political division. I've come here tonight to talk about the one presidential candidate who'll change all that. Current Secretary of Internal Affairs 20RP12 and his running mate, Winston Disraeli, are the ticket that aren't left or right. WinDis is not a right-winger, and 20RP12 is not a left-winger. They are a ticket that appeals to Whigs, Liberals, Labors, Imperial Blocers, Popular Libertyians, and Independents. They are the ticket that stands for liberty, freedom, activity, and leadership. They are the people who will get Atlasia into shape, the ticket of reform. They may be the underdogs in this race, but they are the ticket of independent voices, they are the ticket of Atlasians of all stripes uniting under one banner, they are the ticket that will save this nation, they are the ticket that will restore Atlasia now!"

And on to Virginia for the next few days.
Donerail
Atlas Icon
« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2012, 12:21:29 PM »

Anyone who wants the PAC to give them money, just ask.
Donerail
Atlas Icon
« Reply #4 on: May 31, 2012, 07:56:49 PM »

As several of y'all may know, 20RP12/WinDis have dropped out of the Presidential race. Since this PAC has been supporting 20RP12/WinDis, we no longer have a Presidential campaign to support/throw money at. Please make your cases here for why Clarence/Napoleon/Oakvale/Tweed is the logical successor to 20RP12 in the Presidential race and thus should be showered by money.
CLARENCE 2015!
clarence
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #5 on: June 01, 2012, 08:38:04 AM »

SJoyceFLA- I'd be happy to answer any questions you may have as I've got to run out... however I believe we see largely eye to eye on foreign policy and social issues...I'm not positive what your economic views are. I also believe you and I- along with others- have had very productive foreign policy discussions and you know that my potential Presidency would give heavy focus on this important issue
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #6 on: June 02, 2012, 12:02:32 AM »
« Edited: June 02, 2012, 12:04:35 AM by Governor Napoleon »

PAC- I started the PAC trend so I am entitled to their support. Tongue

Seriously though:
Activity: I will be an active President as I have been in the other positions I have served as. 20RP12 supporters can count on me to keep Atlasians wheels turning.
Personal freedoms: I have always supported personal freedoms and civil liberties. I believe someone with libertarian leanings would be able to be more comfortable with a Napoleon presidency than any of my opponents.
Foreign policy: I didn't just support ending the wars, I fought against obstacles to make sure that the End to Imperialism Act could be passed with meaningful text. I will have a set of foreign policy priorities. I introduced a second foreign policy slot for the Senate but i think it has since been repealed unfortunately.

I could go on forever so I will stop here, though I am glad to answer any questions asked of me.
Oakvale
oakvale
Atlas Icon
Ukraine
Political Matrix
E: -0.77, S: -4.00

« Reply #7 on: June 03, 2012, 09:20:40 PM »

I'll make the case for you giving all your money to the Oakvale/Cincinnatus ticket. Tongue

We're the only independent ticket left in the race, beholden to no special interests or third parties. Both me and Cinci have long records we're proud of and the experience to work with members of all parties to reach sensible compromises, not attempt to ram through our agenda without any input from alternative veiwpoints.

I governed what's by many measures the most left-leaning region in the country, but nonetheless I made sure to work with and include our more conservative and right-wing members in the conversation. I want to be a President who will govern the same way - something that will be especially important given the likelihood that the Senate will be full of members who disagree with me on a lot of stuff. Tongue

Just to address foreign policy for a moment, given your position - I actually strongly opposed then-Senator Napoleon's End to Imperialism Act, as we've discussed before - while I understand where Napoleon's coming from, IMO the legislation as introduced was counterproductive given that President Polnut had already implemented a very reasonable timetable for the withdrawal of Atlasian forces. I'm not a hawk, by any means, but I don't believe in the almost reckless foreign policy a certain axis in the Senate has tended to support.

I'd be more than happy to answer any questions you might have.
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #8 on: June 03, 2012, 10:08:49 PM »

I'm not a hawk, by any means, but I don't believe in the almost reckless foreign policy a certain axis in the Senate has tended to support.

Ummmm........that certain axis was 7 out of 10 Senators. Atlasia is much better off now that we are not involved in conflicts with these nations.
Oakvale
oakvale
Atlas Icon
Ukraine
Political Matrix

« Reply #9 on: June 03, 2012, 10:15:09 PM »

I'm not a hawk, by any means, but I don't believe in the almost reckless foreign policy a certain axis in the Senate has tended to support.

Ummmm........that certain axis was 7 out of 10 Senators. Atlasia is much better off now that we are not involved in conflicts with these nations.

I agree with you that we're better off. My point was - and I brought this up at the time - that the legislation was unnecessary given that the administration had already implemented a timetable for withdrawal.
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #10 on: June 03, 2012, 10:19:55 PM »

I agree with you that we're better off. My point was - and I brought this up at the time - that the legislation was unnecessary given that the administration had already implemented a timetable for withdrawal.

Your point is not valid. The President may be Commander in Chief but that does not entitle the executive branch to exclusive authority over foreign policy. The Senate plays a part in the process and to ignore the Senate's role would be in fact, counterproductive. Thankfully President Polnut was willing to work with the Senate and we had a national conversation about the future of our nation.
Oakvale
oakvale
Atlas Icon
Ukraine
Political Matrix

« Reply #11 on: June 03, 2012, 10:38:34 PM »

Your point is not valid. The President may be Commander in Chief but that does not entitle the executive branch to exclusive authority over foreign policy. The Senate plays a part in the process and to ignore the Senate's role would be in fact, counterproductive. Thankfully President Polnut was willing to work with the Senate and we had a national conversation about the future of our nation.

I don't agree. Let's take a look at the legislation as proposed -

You must be logged in to read this quote.

To start with, I'm reasonably sure the Senate doesn't actually have the power to withdraw or deploy troops - that's the President's domain. But let's leave that aside for a moment.

The bill was a reckless solution to a problem that didn't even exist. A withdrawal that rapid would have caused a disastrous power vacuum in Afghanistan and Iraq, and, quite possibly, allowed Gadaffi to win the civil war in Libya and regain control of the country.

This isn't about whether or not you support the various wars, but how Atlasia could leave in a responsible and gradual manner - while I understand the desire to get all Atlasian forces back as soon as humanly possible, I think Atlasia has a responsibility in that situation to smoothly manage the transition to local military and security forces.

In the end, the Act was amendmended into something responsible and reasonable - that was the Act that your cited seven Senators voted for, almost unrecognizable to the proposed text you introduced and which I objected to shortly before being dragged from the Senate floor. Wink
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #12 on: June 03, 2012, 10:41:59 PM »

You don't show your hand before the chips are down Oakvale.
Donerail
Atlas Icon
« Reply #13 on: June 05, 2012, 05:35:21 PM »
« Edited: June 06, 2012, 09:56:57 AM by SoEA SJoyceFla »

Bowling Green, Kentucky

Hello. I'm speaking here today to announce the endorsement of the Innovation & Reformation Super PAC, and also my personal endorsement, for President of Atlasia. As many of you know, this PAC and I were backing SoIA 20RP12, but he has unfortunately left the race, and politics altogether. As such, this PAC has made the decision to throw its support behind another candidate. This has been a difficult decision for the PAC and myself; I hold the utmost respect for all the candidates, and they would all make fine Presidents. Tweed (Founder Tweed?) has a great revolutionary zeal and is an ambitious reformer; Senator Clarence has performed well in the Senate and has incredible real-world experience (and is a fellow Southerner); Governor Napoleon has been active as Governor of the Northeast, and has produced the most active regional government of them all. But Atlasia has problems. Activity is down, turnout is low, and scores of people who were once institutions have been deregistered. We've got problems, and we can't sit aside and let them ruin this community and this nation. As such, I have decided to endorse the independent candidacy, the candidacy of no party, the non-partisans, the independents, the pragmatists, the candidate who can and will work together with people of all political stripes to restore Atlasia to its former glory, and who has the experience and record to do so while unifying the nation. I have decided to endorse former Senator, Governor, and Supreme Court Justice Oakvale and his running mate, voice of The People, Cincinnatus. I am proud to offer my help, my voice, my energy, and my commitment to make Oakvale the next President of Atlasia. Thank you all, and goodnight.
Donerail
Atlas Icon
« Reply #14 on: June 06, 2012, 08:07:01 PM »

New I&R PAC ad:

Experience
We, as a nation, have problems (depressing music begins). Activity is down (images of fat people on couches), turnout is low (images of empty voting booths), and institutions are being deregistered (Dibble, etc flash on screen). We need someone with experience to change all that and restore Atlasia to its former glory. That candidate (uplifting music begins) is Oakvale (pictures of flags and whatnot). He's served as a Governor, a Senator, and a Supreme Court Justice, and has an understanding of how all three branches work. That's why he knows how to get us back on the right track. He has a record of reform, and will know how to fix our nation's woes. (image of campaign banner) A vote for Oakvale/Cincinnatus, is a vote for a restored Atlasia.

This ad will play in TV and radio (images removed) forms. It shall air in the Boston, New York, Nyman, Philadelphia, Atlanta, Dallas-Ft. Worth, Houston-Galveston, Chicago, San Francisco, and Los Angeles markets, with later rollouts into the San Diego, Seattle, Portland, Puerto Rico, Tampa-St. Petersburg-Clearwater, Miami-Ft. Lauderdale-Hollywood, Phoenix, Nassau-Suffolk (Long Island), Charlotte-Gastonia-Rock Hill, Baltimore, Pittsburgh, Detroit, St. Louis, Minneapolis-St. Paul, and Denver-Boulder markets.
Donerail
Atlas Icon
« Reply #15 on: June 06, 2012, 08:43:39 PM »

Another new ad:

Independence
Atlasia needs a President who knows how to compromise (video of hands shaking). We need a President who's willing to work with everyone (many different people's faces culled from PAPOY appear), not just conservatives (Whig logo appears) or liberals (torch, labor iconography appears). We need someone who will move this country forward, and a bitter partisan in the White House won't help do that. We need a non-partisan administration run by a pragmatist, not a dogmatist, to restore Atlasia to where it used to be, active and fun. We need Oakvale/Cincinnatus (campaign logo appears).

This particular ad shall run specifically in the Pittsburgh, Philadelphia, New York, Hartford-New Britain-Middletown, Providence-Warwick-Pawtucket, Boston, Middlesex-Somerset, and Nassau-Suffolk (Long Island) areas.
Donerail
Atlas Icon
« Reply #16 on: June 06, 2012, 09:39:45 PM »
« Edited: June 06, 2012, 09:41:25 PM by SoEA SJoyceFla »

Press Release

This Super PAC isn't just about politics. It's about helping people. That's why I'm proud to announce that the new Innovation & Reformation, Inc. social welfare organization has been incorporated (in Wilmington, DE), to educate the public. Although allowed to donate to organizations, lobby, and participate in campaigns, campaigning will not be the primary focus of this organization. We would like to thank Citigroup, Kingdom Holding Company, M.A. Kharafi & Sons, Orascom Telecom Holding, MashreqBank, Corral Petroleum Holdings, Saad Group, al-Rajhi Bank, EBX Group, Cheung Kong Holdings, ArcelorMittal, Reliance Industries, Reliance Group, SCM Holdings, DLF Limited, Rusal, Hutchinson Whampoa, Millhouse Capital, Wipro, Henderson Land Development, Sun Hung Kai & Co, Gazprom, Sberbank, Novolipetsk Steel, Interros, Afla Group, Lukoil, Severstal, Renova Group, DLF Limited, Bharti Airtel, Sistema, Nikoil Financial, Aditya Birla Group, Alfa Group, UGMK, Essar Group, and Chelsea F.C., and the various heads of those entities, for their support.
Donerail
Atlas Icon
« Reply #17 on: June 07, 2012, 05:41:24 PM »
« Edited: June 07, 2012, 07:27:43 PM by SoEA SJoyceFla »

Press Release

The Innovation & Reformation Super PAC has reserved $4 million in air time in the Chicago, Milwaukee-Racine, Minneapolis-St. Paul, St. Louis, Louisville, Lexington-Fayette, Indianapolis, Cincinnati, Kansas City, Grand Rapids, Detroit, Toledo, Cleveland, Akron, Columbus, Richmond, Norfolk-Virginia Beach-Newport News, Baltimore, and Nyman areas. This will be the largest spending effort by the PAC to date. The I&R 501(c)(4) has made a substantial donation to the I&R PAC (this is perfectly legal).

In other news, Telmex, América Móvil, Grupo Carso, LVMH, Inditex, H&M, IKEA, Aldi, and Trader Joe's, as well as The Thomson Corporation, L'Oréal, Nestlé, Albertsons, PPR, Otto, Phoenix Pharmahandel, Fininvest, Luxottica, Grosvenor Group, EFG Bank, Tetra Laval, Dassault Group, Ferrero SpA, Chanel, Altana, BMW, Würth, Serono, Schaeffler Group, Ferrovial, Allianz, George Weston Limited, Associated British Food, Astroc, The Woodbridge Company, Lindt, and Jelmoli have made financial commitments to the I&R social welfare organization.
Donerail
Atlas Icon
« Reply #18 on: June 11, 2012, 07:39:58 AM »
« Edited: June 11, 2012, 09:38:58 AM by SoEA SJoyceFla »

Disclosure Report

As required, I shall disclose the donors to the Innovation & Reformation Super PAC who donated over $2,000:
  • Innovation & Reformation Social Welfare Organization 501(c)(4) (essentially all total funding)

Raised: $11,589,128
Spent: $4,975,076
Cash On Hand: $6,614,052
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies