Mideast Senate Debate Commentary Thread (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 06:40:33 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Mideast Senate Debate Commentary Thread (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Mideast Senate Debate Commentary Thread  (Read 1610 times)
Fmr President & Senator Polnut
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix
E: -2.71, S: -5.22

« on: June 11, 2012, 05:14:01 AM »

I truly hope this debate performance convinces reasonable Mideasterners that Ben has been a good Senator, knows his stuff and despite some position differences, will serve their interests in a much better and more productive way.
Fmr President & Senator Polnut
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix
E: -2.71, S: -5.22

« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2012, 06:38:04 AM »

I truly hope this debate performance convinces reasonable Mideasterners that Ben has been a good Senator, knows his stuff and despite some position differences, will serve their interests in a much better and more productive way.

Mr. President, are you suggesting that some citizens of our region are not reasonable and that those citizens who intend to vote for JCL are not reasonable?

I expressed that poorly, and I apologise for any offense caused.

I have deep, deep concerns should one candidate be elected over the other. As a former Governor of the region, I always have held the Mideast in special regard.

The region has been to the right of me for a long time and therefore has elected right-leaning candidates. I think people need to understand that just because I'm a political figure, that not all of my positions are not about political gain. I'm about to retire permanently from Atlasian politics, so I hope the people who serve in the nation's legislature are the best the nation can offer. Whether you choose to believe me or not, I objectively believe that Senator Ben has shown himself to be a great legislator who can work with both sides, it's taken him a long time to get to this place and he's been an asset to the Senate and a credit to his region and the people he represents.

But that is my call to support whom I support and for the reasons I personally support them. The final call is with the great people of the Mideast who once voted for me to support whom they believe will represent them and their interests in the Senate, I have an opinion, but that's all.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies