Mideast Senate Debate Commentary Thread (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 06:39:18 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Mideast Senate Debate Commentary Thread (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Mideast Senate Debate Commentary Thread  (Read 1600 times)
ZuWo
YaBB God
Switzerland

« on: June 08, 2012, 03:12:11 PM »

Im curious to see what the Whigs do in this race- work to elect a dangerous Truther extremist or throw one of their own under the proverbial bus.

The Whigs elected a fascist to national office, so I don't see how a homophobic truther would be any different.

When did the Whig Party get the privilege to elect Senators on their own? I am aware that facts may not bother you too much, but Pingvin, the Atlasian citizen you are probably referring to, was elected in a special election where he got many non-Whig votes. Without these votes, he would not have been elected.
ZuWo
YaBB God
Switzerland

« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2012, 03:18:39 PM »

Im curious to see what the Whigs do in this race- work to elect a dangerous Truther extremist or throw one of their own under the proverbial bus.

The Whigs elected a fascist to national office, so I don't see how a homophobic truther would be any different.

When did the Whig Party get the privilege to elect Senators on their own? I am aware that facts may not bother you too much, but Pingvin, the Atlasian citizen you are probably referring to, was elected in a special election where he got many non-Whig votes. Without these votes, he would not have been elected.

He was also the only candidate other than Alfred Jones who declared before the election, IIRC, so he was bound to get elected anyway.

An effort was mounted to get Seatown elected. Had the non-Whig Pingvin voters voted for Seatown, Pingvin would not have been elected.
ZuWo
YaBB God
Switzerland

« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2012, 03:23:07 PM »

He was also the only candidate other than Alfred Jones who declared before the election, IIRC, so he was bound to get elected anyway.

An effort was mounted to get Seatown elected. Had the non-Whig Pingvin voters voted for Seatown, Pingvin would not have been elected.

Didn't Seatown declare after voting had already started?

He officially declared to run for the seat after the election had started, but he was one of the first voters and voted for himself. Subsequently, others voted for seatown as well. Thus, the race was in fact a three-way race at this point.
ZuWo
YaBB God
Switzerland

« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2012, 01:00:08 PM »

He's a party chairman, isn't he? I guess that's saying a lot about the party.

It's one thing to try to score political points against your opponents, but it's another thing to know the facts. You should get an update on current Atlasian affairs if you want to convince the Atlasian citizens that you can be an effective Vice President!
ZuWo
YaBB God
Switzerland

« Reply #4 on: June 11, 2012, 06:23:05 AM »
« Edited: June 11, 2012, 06:24:50 AM by Mideast Governor ZuWo »

I truly hope this debate performance convinces reasonable Mideasterners that Ben has been a good Senator, knows his stuff and despite some position differences, will serve their interests in a much better and more productive way.

Mr. President, are you suggesting that some citizens of our region - particularly those citizens who intend to vote for JCL - are not reasonable?

Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies