Iran: Discovery will collapse Christianity
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 08:13:55 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Discussion
  Religion & Philosophy (Moderator: World politics is up Schmitt creek)
  Iran: Discovery will collapse Christianity
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: Iran: Discovery will collapse Christianity  (Read 3488 times)
John Dibble
Atlas Icon
Japan

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: May 26, 2012, 09:03:53 AM »

link from sensationalist news articles

Read the bolded part again.

Which sensationalist news articles would that be?  Are you attempting to use this thread as an excuse to claim everything discussed on this board in the last 10 years has been from “sensationalist news articles”?  If so, keep in mind the last 10 years have seen every popular argument represented and dismantled.

No, I'm talking about all the articles you link to talk about "scholars". You keep harping on those.

You must be logged in to read this quote.

So, you’re admitting that after 10 years, with the entire realm of the Intelligentsia at our finger tips, you’ll haven’t seen a single argument to discount Christianity?  In fact, their arguments are so weak, you’ve seen them dismantled effortlessly by Christians novices who have no credentials.  What a surprise.[/quote]

No, I'm not. I'm pointing out that the best arguments against Christianity come from the total lack of evidence.

Also, you can't really prove a negative in most cases. Can you disprove that Mohammed received divine revelation? Can you demonstrate I don't have an invisible, ethereal dragon in my garage? No, you can't, but that doesn't mean such claims should be taken seriously.

Evidence that the creation account of Genesis is accurate. Geological evidence for a world wide flood. Evidence that resurrection after being dead for three days is even possible. Things like that.

No, but just because it did not claim it doesn't make the claim any more plausible.

Having some historical things match up doesn't make the miracle claims any more plausible. You could find some other religion whose texts match up with their historical ages in some ways, but I don't think you'd believe their miracle claims.

Many of the major figures in the Bible were leaders of their tribes and kingdoms, so it's not odd that they may have had contact with other rules. However, some of them aren't even verified to have existed, at least in the context of the Biblical stories.

Neither of these is miraculous and could be chalked up to being coincidence.

The greatest powers of the time in the region it takes place in, not all the greatest powers in all the world.

Oh, good, you found some expert scholars, from the inside, who can discredit Christianity with their theories.  Please tell us what their theories are.[/quote]

First off I didn't claim they were scholars. You really need to get rid of your horrible habit of putting words in people's mouths. But what those people saw is what I've been pointing out to you for years - that there isn't evidence for the miracle claims of the Bible, that the deity described in the Bible isn't a loving god but a horrible narcissistic monster who love blood, death, and torture, etc.
Oldiesfreak1854
Atlas Icon
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #26 on: June 18, 2012, 11:19:21 AM »

How many times have people made these claims, only to be found that their evidence was fake?  The best example I can think of off hand is Piltdown Man, but there are many more.
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies