Commerce Secretary John Bryson in felony hit-and-run, then ANOTHER car accident.
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 05:42:41 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Commerce Secretary John Bryson in felony hit-and-run, then ANOTHER car accident.
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: Commerce Secretary John Bryson in felony hit-and-run, then ANOTHER car accident.  (Read 1756 times)
John Dibble
Atlas Icon
Japan

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: June 13, 2012, 02:03:08 PM »

It seems Bryson is epileptic, or at least had a seizure of some sort.
How would that cause him to drive away from the first accident? I can see how it caused the second one, but you'd think he wouldn't have been able to crash into a car, talk to the driver, then drive away, hitting it again, and then drive into another town.

I'm not sure, but I guess we'll see. He might have brain damage or something after this. He might also be an asshole.

http://www.epilepsy.com/101/EP101_SYMPTOM

After-seizure symptoms (post-ictal)
Thought:

Memory loss
    Writing difficulty

Emotional:

Confusion
    Depression and sadness
    Fear
    Frustration
    Shame/Embarrassment

Physical:

Bruising
    Difficulty talking
    Injuries
    Sleeping
    Exhaustion
    Headache
    Nausea
    Pain
    Thirst
    Weakness
    Urge to urinate/defecate

http://health.nytimes.com/health/guides/disease/epilepsy/background.html

"Slightly over half of seizures in adults are complex partial type. About 80% of these seizures originate in the temporal lobe, the part of the brain located close to the ear. Disturbances there can result in loss of judgment, involuntary or uncontrolled behavior, or even loss of consciousness. Patients may lose consciousness briefly and appear to others as motionless with a vacant stare. Emotions can be exaggerated; some patients even appear to be drunk. After a few seconds, a patient may begin to perform repetitive movements, such as chewing or smacking of lips. Episodes usually last no more than 2 minutes. They may occur infrequently, or as often as every day. A throbbing headache may follow a complex partial seizure."

If he had a seizure it's not at all improbable that his mental state would not have been normal and his judgement would be greatly compromised.

My family had a dog that was epileptic and whenever she had a seizure she'd act strangely afterwards.
World politics is up Schmitt creek
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #26 on: June 13, 2012, 02:12:49 PM »

Thank you very much. I'm not terribly well-versed in epilepsy or its symptoms. That makes perfect sense.
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies