Jeb Bush... Becoming the voice of moderate Republicans? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 01, 2024, 03:05:08 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Jeb Bush... Becoming the voice of moderate Republicans? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Jeb Bush... Becoming the voice of moderate Republicans?  (Read 4803 times)
hopper
United States

« on: June 12, 2012, 05:43:36 PM »

Jeb Bush is was rated as a "moderate conservative" by on the issues.org so he is a medium conservative. Is he Olympia Snowe moderate? No.

Maybe Jeb can take the party back from the religious right. He is friendly with the Hispanic Community and he is married to a latina so those types of things are assets.

He was my pick for being Romney's VP but I don't think that will happen.
hopper
United States

« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2012, 11:36:01 AM »

I'll be amused when Christine O'Donnell will be considered too moderate for the modern GOP.
What has Christine O' D Donnell ever done? She has lost 2 Senate Races. She had never been in local government. Even her work history is shady. I don't even get how she is even worth a post on this particular thread. I know my post is harsh but it had to be said.
hopper
United States

« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2012, 11:38:54 AM »

[quote author=mah519 link=topic=154811.msg3325529#msg3325529 date=1339571982
When will the republican party learn? Viewing things in terms of a Bush doesn't get you ANYWHERE except downward.
[/quote]Jeb is his own guy he is not W. or H.W.
hopper
United States

« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2012, 11:47:49 AM »
« Edited: June 13, 2012, 11:55:36 AM by hopper »

He's positioning himself for 2016. Voters are moving in the opposite direction from the GOP. The bigger the drift the heavier the defeat.
Voters aren't happy with the Dems either. Just witness the wild swings of 2006, 2008 vs 2010 elections. Maybe as the country becomes more ethnically diverse though(the growing latino population) the swings won't be as bad because minorities tend to like the Dems policies.
hopper
United States

« Reply #4 on: June 13, 2012, 05:54:09 PM »

I'll be amused when Christine O'Donnell will be considered too moderate for the modern GOP.
What has Christine O' D Donnell ever done? She has lost 2 Senate Races. She had never been in local government. Even her work history is shady. I don't even get how she is even worth a post on this particular thread. I know my post is harsh but it had to be said.

She gets a post because she's an example of a nutcase in the current GOP. Feel free to replace with Rick Santorum or somebody.
O'Donnell didn't get elected. There is a reason why. At least Santorum got elected.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies