SENATE BILL: Atlasia-Israel Defense and Security Cooperation Treaty (VS) (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 01, 2024, 08:32:27 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  SENATE BILL: Atlasia-Israel Defense and Security Cooperation Treaty (VS) (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: SENATE BILL: Atlasia-Israel Defense and Security Cooperation Treaty (VS)  (Read 14473 times)
Sbane
sbane
Atlas Icon

« on: June 18, 2012, 01:21:55 AM »

I second the motion to table.
Sbane
sbane
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2012, 07:02:01 AM »

Aye
Sbane
sbane
Atlas Icon

« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2012, 11:59:41 PM »

Nay
Sbane
sbane
Atlas Icon

« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2012, 01:09:00 AM »

There is no reason to take sides in the Israeli-Palestinian issue and this treaty is tantamount to that I feel. We already have strong ties with Israel and we don't need this treaty to further advertise our bias.
Sbane
sbane
Atlas Icon

« Reply #4 on: July 14, 2012, 02:31:13 AM »

Mr. President, I agree that we should not antagonize other allies in the region.  However, Israel is our most prominent ally in the region, the only other democracy.  They are surrounded by enemies, and their number one enemy now possesses nuclear weapons.  Just as we made formal guarantees after WWII that we would defend our European allies, so now must we defend Israel.

This treaty just causes too much trouble in the Middle East. We unofficially do have a treaty with Israel and will protect them if they are attacked. We know this and they do as well. Atlasia has shown a consistent bias towards Israel, ignoring for years the human rights abuses that go on not just in Hamas occupied Gaza, but also in the West Bank where a friendly government is in place. That is not an acceptable situation, and keeping that in mind, there is no chance in hell I will be forging any formal treaty with Israel which will be seen symbolically as Atlasia endorsing the continuing unfair treatment of Palestinians by Israel regardless of what our intentions may be.

And of course the treaty will be seen as a threat by not just Iran, but the rest of the Middle East. We don't need that to ensure Israel is protected against an aggressive attack.
Sbane
sbane
Atlas Icon

« Reply #5 on: July 14, 2012, 10:32:39 PM »

Nay
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies