WI: Rasmussen: Thompson cruising to victory (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 07:35:48 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2012 Elections
  2012 Senatorial Election Polls
  WI: Rasmussen: Thompson cruising to victory (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: WI: Rasmussen: Thompson cruising to victory  (Read 8073 times)
AmericanNation

Political Matrix
E: 4.90, S: 1.91

« on: June 14, 2012, 08:27:29 PM »

It's surprising how Republican Wisconsin has turned, and the transition will be complete if Romney carries the state in November.
It appears striking, but it is a composite of pretty simple changes.  The odd thing is that the democrats have accelerated everything.  It's like the first Batman movie when The Joker "Makes" Batman -- "You made me." 
Dominating.
Kind was perfectly viable. Problem is that he knew in advance that those Madison nutters would vote for their fellow underperforming nutter.
The rest of the state is furious at Dane County's garbage; it will be great to see Baldwin lose by landslides in the 2 northern districts.

So, basically, Thompson's leading by 6-8, and this is a likely R Gain. Good to know.

Most likely.. though I'm gonna guess 8-10, but this one is a likely R gain

If Thompson is nominated, which is far from certain. Moderates are rarely if ever on the sunny side of an enthusiasm gap. He does have statewide name ID and a 4-way fight for conservative votes, so could sneak up the middle.
Thompson isn't exactly a moderate.  He has a practical deal making streak in him.  Two different things.  I hadn't made up my mind about enthusiasm for him in November, but I now think it could get crazy.  The WOW's will be crazy no matter what and Thompson could pump up the 3 outer congressional districts.  Baldwin might win 6 of 72 counties. 

She will raise a ton of money though and that is why Kind had no chance of getting out of a primary vs her.  He can't win a statewide dem primary (he passed on gov 2010 as well) with someone to the left of him.  So unless he gets a clear path, he will never step up.  Republicans could pick up that seat if he vacated it as well.       
AmericanNation

Political Matrix
E: 4.90, S: 1.91

« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2012, 11:17:05 PM »

Thompson-R is likely to win the Republican primary due to Neumann-R,Fitzgerald-R and Hovde-R splitting the conservative vote in the primary. Regarding the November General Election against Baldwin-D. Thompson-R is favored to defeat her - but Baldwin-D runs a better than expected campaign and loses by a  52-47 percent margin instead of a 57-42 percent margin. In 2016- Baldwin-D decides to challenge Ron Johnson-R.
Good Call.  The margin is in flux, but very likely in that range.  Will Baldwin outspend Thompson?
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies