Obama Administration won't seek to deport young illegal immigrants (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 03:52:07 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2012 Elections
  Obama Administration won't seek to deport young illegal immigrants (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Obama Administration won't seek to deport young illegal immigrants  (Read 5359 times)
Brittain33
brittain33
Moderators
Atlas Star

« on: June 15, 2012, 01:32:40 PM »

More troubling, I think, is that this is a clear example of Obama absolutely pandering for the Hispanic vote.

How do you define "pandering" vs. "absolutely pandering"?

Presidents do stuff to encourage people to vote for them. There are shameful policies, there are embarrassing ones, and then there are efforts that wouldn't have happened if not for the election but people are glad they did. I can think of many worse examples than this, and this has the benefit of being good policy.
Brittain33
brittain33
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2012, 01:33:58 PM »

The Romney campaign is going to be doing backflips.

The Romney campaign absolutely does not want this issue discussed again now that he's won the primary and has already banked the votes of the Anglos who vote on this issue. He's busy trying to reach out to Latinos and repair the damage he did by attacking all of his opponents (Gingrich and Perry in particular) from the right on immigration.
Brittain33
brittain33
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2012, 01:43:50 PM »

Here's the Republican website that sent the reporter to heckle Obama.

http://dailycaller.com/
Brittain33
brittain33
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2012, 01:50:03 PM »

Here's the Republican website that sent the reporter to heckle Obama.

http://dailycaller.com/

The right-wing brain trust sure knows how to squander whatever political advantage they might have otherwise gained.

This is the tactic this summer - like when they sent a van to circle his Cleveland speech and blast its horn, or they disrupted the Axelrod speech in Boston. They're trying to get him to react and act up so they can then use it against him.
Brittain33
brittain33
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #4 on: June 15, 2012, 03:18:42 PM »

Obama is trying to pander more votes for him, plain and simple.

In this case, trying to deliver on a campaign promise he made to these voters four years ago where he got blocked by Congress. It's "pandering" in the sense that making promising to voters and then fulfilling them is "pandering."
Brittain33
brittain33
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #5 on: June 16, 2012, 07:41:06 AM »

This move is offensive to Republicans because they only approve of Obama taking political steps that piss off his base or can be successfully blocked by Republicans.

And yes, I know this post is headed straight for some mine or another in the Forum Community but I don't care.
Brittain33
brittain33
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #6 on: June 16, 2012, 08:15:09 AM »

I am old enough to remember when the base of the Democratic Party was American workers.

Because someone who came here at age 3 from a country they don't remember, speaks fluent English, and enrolled in college can never be considered a real American.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies