Obama Administration won't seek to deport young illegal immigrants (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 10:20:11 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2012 Elections
  Obama Administration won't seek to deport young illegal immigrants (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Obama Administration won't seek to deport young illegal immigrants  (Read 5331 times)
old timey villain
cope1989

« on: June 15, 2012, 01:02:32 PM »

I'm watching the white vote. I read that Obama's campaign is most fearful of alienating white voters. Does he really want to begin a second term having lost 60-70% of whites?

LOLNO, Obama won't be losing 70% of the White vote. I don't think even McGovern did that badly. Yup, just looked it up on Gallup- McGovern got 32%. Still terrible, but this isn't 1972.

Looking objectively, I don't see this backfiring at all. Obama either gains or breaks even with this announcement. He breaks even if he loses the same amount of votes among whites that he gains among hispanics. But I have a feeling that the white democrats who might be angered by this are the type who probably didn't even vote for him in 2008.

And honestly, doesn't this policy make more sense? He may be doing it as a campaign tactic, but at least it's one that will make life easier for a lot of people. These young folks likely didn't have any choice in their parents' decision to immigrate. They're contributing members to society, most of them go to school, work or serve in the military. They deserve to stay here.
old timey villain
cope1989

« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2012, 02:10:47 PM »

More troubling, I think, is that this is a clear example of Obama absolutely pandering for the Hispanic vote.

Agree, btw Obama just got heckled by a reporter in the Rose Garden.

I just saw the part of the speech where he was heckled. Disgusting.

What a perfect example of the breakdown in civil discourse in this country. And once again, there are people on the other side who refuse to give an ounce of respect or deference to Obama and the office he holds. And everyone knows why this is.

Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies