Senator Cain: A Timeline
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 23, 2024, 01:38:25 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Election What-ifs? (Moderator: Dereich)
  Senator Cain: A Timeline
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Senator Cain: A Timeline  (Read 1530 times)
Vote UKIP!
MasterSanders
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: June 04, 2012, 02:57:24 PM »

I know there are some of you who are fans of my "I Like Mike" TL that I haven't updated in ages. I wrote myself into a corner, and am thinking of reviving that story at a later date with some improvements, and maybe even a coherent plot.

I believe I bit off more than I could chew with that timeline. I need to start a little smaller. I story I've been considering for a while.

Whatever you believe about the allegations against Cain from those claiming sexual harassment, Cain, more or less, killed his own campaign. While running as an outsider helped him benefit from the growing TEA Party movement, his inexperience definitely showed and caused what other wise was a remarkable campaign.

In 2004, Cain ran for the Senate vacated by Zell Miller. The race pitted him against the moderate Mac Collins, and veteran Georgia Republican Johnny Isakson. Isakson's name recognition and early support for Buch helped him take over 50% of the vote, and thus avoid a run-off.

But what if...

SENATOR CAIN

Dedicated to SimFan34, who started a discussion topic on this subject in another part of the forum
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2012, 05:00:17 PM »

Cool!
Jerseyrules
United States

Political Matrix
E: 10.00, S: -4.26

« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2012, 08:03:48 PM »

Vote UKIP!
MasterSanders
United States

« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2012, 06:50:30 PM »

I apologize for the wait. The first chapter will be here be here before the end of the weekend.
Vote UKIP!
MasterSanders
United States

« Reply #4 on: June 16, 2012, 04:47:32 PM »

May 21, 2011

"Herman! Herman!"

The crowd assembled at Centennial Olympic Park in downtown Atlanta to witness the beginning of what was sure to be a historic campaign.

The sizable crowd resembled a large Tea Party, with the occasional Betsy Ross, Gadsden, and even Israeli flag being waved by an enthused participant. Many others carried signs with puns involving their candidate's name: "Cain is Able," "Citizen Cain," "How do you beat Obama? With a Cain!" The most interesting of these signs read "[Martin Luther] King had a dream, Cain has a plan!"

To further work up the crowd, a giant video screen played clips of the Senator's exploits, including him challenging President Clinton at a healthcare townhall, arguing with Senator Bernie Sanders on the floor of the Senate, and the positive response he received from a focus group following the first presidential debate earlier that month.

Now, the moment of truth had arrived. Once the video announcing the Senator's candidacy ended, the crowd roared as the man of the hour walked on stage. Wearing a double breasted suit, his signature gold tie (his "power color"), and transition glasses which were darkened due to the noon Atlanta sun, the Senator exuded confidence, and perhaps a twinge pf playful arrogance. Smiling broadly, he waved to the cheering crowd. "Love you," he shouted, barely audible above the crowd. "Love you all!"

And they loved him too. Beginning in 2009, a burgeoning grassroots movement in response to the President's policies had taken off, staging protests and electing candidates. This Tea Party movement swept Republicans into power everywhere from Congress to dogcatcher. With this new found momentum, they had high hopes of nominating a doctrinaire conservative to help take their country back.

However, several, includong members of Congress, had made allegations that the Tea Party was inherently racist. Cain, who was black, might be able to repute that image.

To be continued...
Vote UKIP!
MasterSanders
United States

« Reply #5 on: June 19, 2012, 10:40:07 AM »

May 21, 2011 (Continued)

Others had looked promising. But the hearts of the crowd that day was with Senator Herman Cain: The man that beat the popular Republican Congressman in the heated run-off of 2004. The man who stuck it too the left on the floor of the Senate. The man who called himself an "American Black Conservative," indicating his primary identity as an American.

Never since Ronald Reagan had the Conservative movement been this excited about a Presidential candidate.

To think, this almost never happened...
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #6 on: June 19, 2012, 10:44:03 AM »

Awesome stuff.
Jerseyrules
United States

Political Matrix
E: 10.00, S: -4.26