Is Mitt Romney the Bill Clinton of the right?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 02:18:20 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2012 Elections
  Is Mitt Romney the Bill Clinton of the right?
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: Is Mitt Romney the Bill Clinton of the right?  (Read 4798 times)
BaldEagle1991
YaBB God
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: June 15, 2012, 10:10:22 PM »

My friend and I were talking about the election, and he came up with this silly but yet interesting analogy. Do you really think Mitt Romney is the Bill Clinton of the left? I can see why but I don't have time to type much right now.
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix
E: -7.38, S: -8.36

« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2012, 10:14:04 PM »

Today's Mitt Romney absolutely is not. Now the one who tried to run to Ted Kennedy's left in 1994.....
Indy Texas
independentTX
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.52, S: -3.48

« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2012, 10:26:49 PM »

If you took away Bill Clinton's glad-handing, empathy, social skills and licentiousness.
Frodo
Atlas Star
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2012, 10:48:05 PM »

Are there any sex scandals and other examples of marital infidelity regarding Mitt Romney that we haven't heard about, yet? 
Snowstalker Mk. II
Snowstalker
Atlas Star
Palestinian Territory, Occupied

Political Matrix
E: -7.10, S: -4.35

P P P
« Reply #4 on: June 15, 2012, 10:55:07 PM »

No.
/thread
nhmagic
azmagic
United States

Political Matrix
E: 4.62, S: 4.61

« Reply #5 on: June 15, 2012, 11:18:48 PM »

Hey Snowstalker, where did you get that map of the US in your signature?  I work in an area where that can be useful for me provided theres a data sheet to match it.
NVGonzalez
antwnzrr
Mexico

« Reply #6 on: June 15, 2012, 11:21:30 PM »

Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -6.96

« Reply #7 on: June 16, 2012, 12:08:34 AM »

Lol at Mitt Romney being anything but a robot.
bore
YaBB God
United Kingdom

« Reply #8 on: June 16, 2012, 04:49:07 AM »

Bill Clinton is a good politician.
BaldEagle1991
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #9 on: June 16, 2012, 11:10:56 AM »

Are there any sex scandals and other examples of marital infidelity regarding Mitt Romney that we haven't heard about, yet? 

I think Romney is scandal prone, but not sex a scandal though.
Bandit3 the Worker
Populist3
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -10.00, S: -9.92

« Reply #10 on: June 16, 2012, 11:29:19 AM »

Bill Clinton was the Bill Clinton of the right.
The world will shine with light in our nightmare
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -7.48

P P P

« Reply #11 on: June 16, 2012, 11:34:34 AM »

No, Bill Clinton is a leader and a man of integrity.  There should be no comparison.
TJ in Oregon
TJ in Cleve
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.13, S: 6.96

« Reply #12 on: June 16, 2012, 11:55:01 AM »

No, Bill Clinton is a leader and a man of integrity.  There should be no comparison.

"A man of integrity"? The guy had an affair while in office and then lied about it under oath and Mitt Romney can't compare to him because of his integrity?  Huh
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #13 on: June 16, 2012, 12:00:13 PM »

"A man of integrity"? The guy had an affair while in office and then lied about it under oath and Mitt Romney can't compare to him because of his integrity?  Huh

Integrity is a wide term, not limited for private affairs.
TJ in Oregon
TJ in Cleve
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.13, S: 6.96

« Reply #14 on: June 16, 2012, 12:07:54 PM »

Yeah, it means adherence to moral and ethical principles; soundness of moral character; honesty. And this is used to describe... Bill Clinton of all people. Really? Really? Roll Eyes
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

« Reply #15 on: June 16, 2012, 12:13:27 PM »

Bill Clinton stuck to his policy principles, by infusing the economy with capital gains tax cuts and cutting welfare.  Romney is simply trying to have it both ways criticize Obama for health care reform mandate and running on it the same time. He also flipped flopped on abortion as well, said won't ban abortion in MA. That's why he's gonna have a hard time winning.
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #16 on: June 16, 2012, 01:01:14 PM »

Yeah, it means adherence to moral and ethical principles; soundness of moral character; honesty. And this is used to describe... Bill Clinton of all people. Really? Really? Roll Eyes

What goes on in a politician's personal life bears no relevance to me.  And besides, Ken Starr's investigation of the scandal was far more unethical and deceptive than anything Clinton's ever said.
Frodo
Atlas Star
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #17 on: June 16, 2012, 01:23:49 PM »

No, Bill Clinton is a leader and a man of integrity.  There should be no comparison.

"A man of integrity"? The guy had an affair while in office and then lied about it under oath and Mitt Romney can't compare to him because of his integrity?  Huh

What goes on in a politician's personal life bears no relevance to me.  And besides, Ken Starr's investigation of the scandal was far more unethical and deceptive than anything Clinton's ever said.

It may not matter to you, but it does to most Americans.  This isn't France.  What most foreigners (and quite a few American liberals, apparently) don't understand, is that in America, when you become a public official, your life instantly comes under greater scrutiny.  You bear a greater responsibility to uphold your office in every aspect including your private life because we as citizens have higher expectations of you since you are representing us.  How you conduct your private affairs reflect on your public role.  There is no line of separation between the two.  When you fall short, the consequences are that much greater.  
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #18 on: June 16, 2012, 01:25:52 PM »
« Edited: June 16, 2012, 01:28:28 PM by Senator Scott »

No, Bill Clinton is a leader and a man of integrity.  There should be no comparison.

"A man of integrity"? The guy had an affair while in office and then lied about it under oath and Mitt Romney can't compare to him because of his integrity?  Huh

What goes on in a politician's personal life bears no relevance to me.  And besides, Ken Starr's investigation of the scandal was far more unethical and deceptive than anything Clinton's ever said.

It may not matter to you, but it does to most Americans.  This isn't France.  What most foreigners (and quite a few American liberals, apparently) don't understand, is that in America, when you become a public official (especially as a Congressman or as the President of the United States) your life instantly comes under greater scrutiny.  You bear a greater responsibility to uphold your office in every aspect including your private life because we as citizens have higher expectations of you since you are representing us.  How you conduct your private affairs reflect on your public role.  There no line of separation between the two.  When you fall short, the consequences are that much greater.  

No it doesn't.  It only matters to right-wing media pundits who are still trying to turn it into the next Watergate.  It didn't work then, it isn't working now, and public opinion polls indicate that the public has apparently forgiven the incident.  When you're elected to public office, your responsibilities are merely to represent and govern efficiently.  Being a faithful husband is completely independent and irrelevant to those.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #19 on: June 16, 2012, 03:47:30 PM »

I'll take an adulterer who's not living under a glass jar over heartless venture capitalist, who never interacted with working people other than his home servants every day.
Oakvale
oakvale
Atlas Icon
Ukraine
Political Matrix
E: -0.77, S: -4.00

« Reply #20 on: June 16, 2012, 04:16:34 PM »

It may not matter to you, but it does to most Americans.  This isn't France.  What most foreigners (and quite a few American liberals, apparently) don't understand, is that in America, when you become a public official (especially as a Congressman or as the President of the United States) your life instantly comes under greater scrutiny.  You bear a greater responsibility to uphold your office in every aspect including your private life because we as citizens have higher expectations of you since you are representing us.  How you conduct your private affairs reflect on your public role.  There no line of separation between the two.  When you fall short, the consequences are that much greater.  

No it doesn't.  It only matters to right-wing media pundits who are still trying to turn it into the next Watergate.  It didn't work then, it isn't working now, and public opinion polls indicate that the public has apparently forgiven the incident.  When you're elected to public office, your responsibilities are merely to represent and govern efficiently.  Being a faithful husband is completely independent and irrelevant to those.

I don't know Scott, the fact that Clinton's affair was with an intern adds a creepy and highly inappropriate dynamic that I'm not comfortable with, and it certainly lowers my opinion of Clinton somewhat... not that it would have been especially high otherwise - I'll concede to thinking Clinton's the most overrated President in the last hundred years or so. Tongue
Tetro Kornbluth
Gully Foyle
Atlas Icon
Ireland, Republic of

« Reply #21 on: June 16, 2012, 04:21:45 PM »

Did someone just say the words "Clinton" and "Principles" in the same sentence without a negative? Must be referring to George.
Oakvale
oakvale
Atlas Icon
Ukraine
Political Matrix
E: -0.77, S: -4.00

« Reply #22 on: June 16, 2012, 04:24:16 PM »

Did someone just say the words "Clinton" and "Principles" in the same sentence without a negative? Must be referring to George.

^ This is a good post. If Bill Clinton made a P-Funk record it would be spectacularly awful, too.

But, yeah, seriously, claiming that Bill Clinton's a "man of integrity" is pretty funny. I don't like Romney, but I'd give him the edge over Bubba on this one.
Tetro Kornbluth
Gully Foyle
Atlas Icon
Ireland, Republic of

« Reply #23 on: June 16, 2012, 04:25:31 PM »

^ This is a good post. If Bill Clinton made a P-Funk record it would be spectacularly awful, too.

But, yeah, seriously, claiming that Bill Clinton's a "man of integrity" is pretty funny. I don't like Romney, but I'd give him the edge over Bubba on this one.

No, that's just mean.
hopper
United States

« Reply #24 on: June 16, 2012, 04:34:52 PM »

Bill Clinton stuck to his policy principles, by infusing the economy with capital gains tax cuts and cutting welfare.  Romney is simply trying to have it both ways criticize Obama for health care reform mandate and running on it the same time. He also flipped flopped on abortion as well, said won't ban abortion in MA. That's why he's gonna have a hard time winning.
Obama has flipped on the following: Immigration, Gitmo, and even flipped on the wars and even the Bush Tax Cuts a little bit. So its a flip against a flop!
Pages: [1] 2  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies