Poll for Mideast Citizens: Lt. Governor (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 12:57:27 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Poll for Mideast Citizens: Lt. Governor (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: What do you think of the idea to re-establish the Lt. Governor office?
Good idea

Bad idea

Not sure

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 13

Author Topic: Poll for Mideast Citizens: Lt. Governor  (Read 2541 times)
California8429
A-Bob
Junior Chimp
United States

« on: June 18, 2012, 11:06:08 AM »

Opposed. I asked the same question when I first took office as Governor Tongue
California8429
A-Bob
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2012, 03:39:46 PM »

In theory I could give up the entire project now because the majority of Assemblymembers are already against the idea. So if I am going to introduce this idea in any way it will be by means of a popular initiative. Wink

Bring it up through an initiative. There's nothing wrong with debate. If the majority of the region wants it then I will fully support it. I just don't think any of the older members want a Lt. Governor. Do keep up the debate though.
California8429
A-Bob
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2012, 06:03:27 PM »

You must be logged in to read this quote.

We have a motive!

I am not in approval of Article II
California8429
A-Bob
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2012, 06:31:10 PM »

A-Bob, you got me. Wink

Seriously, though, I don't mind doing the necessary wiki updates even if it's tedious and time-consuming. The reason why I want the Lt. Governor to take charge of the wiki is to give him more responsibilities and work. It helps to make the office more meaningful.

What is it about Article 2 that you don't like?

I looked it up, and the joint appointment of a new Judge by the Governor and the Lt. Governor used to be the case when the 2nd constitution was in place. I think it makes sense because it means that the appointee will have broader support if it's the Governor AND the Lt. Governor who have to agree on a single candidate. The second sentence of this article (with the exception of the words "... and the Lieutenant Governor") is taken directly from the current constitution.

Considering we won't be running these guys on tickets, I don't think a Lt. Governor should have so much power in controlling the SC. If an appointment is bad, the Assembly will block it, but one guy shouldn't be able to block someone who the people, Governor, and Assembly want in the SC.
California8429
A-Bob
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #4 on: June 20, 2012, 11:15:45 PM »

In order to make the office of Lt. Governor even more powerful, we could grant the Lt. Governor the right to break ties in the Assembly (the Governor can still veto the bill even if the Lt. Governor votes "aye"):

I am in favor of this and striking any judicial power. However, I am still not compelled to vote for this as previous oldies have stated, it truly was useless and makes elections less competitive.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies