Assange seeks asylum in Ecuador (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 04:14:06 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  International General Discussion (Moderators: afleitch, Hash)
  Assange seeks asylum in Ecuador (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Assange seeks asylum in Ecuador  (Read 24089 times)
The Mikado
Moderators
Atlas Star

« on: June 20, 2012, 11:19:22 AM »
« edited: June 20, 2012, 11:43:59 AM by The Mikado »

I don't get all this. Is Assange so deluded that he actually believes in the conspiracy theories or is he so sure of being found guilty?

He may just want to avoid having to return to Sweden at all costs.

Where they obviously are going to hang him (probably under CIA orders?)

Not saying you believe that Wink

Nah, Sweden just may be an awful place to spend your time.

True.  It produces people like Gustaf.

EDIT:  Worth pointing out that idealistic leftist idiots gave this scumbag 315,000 for his bail.  Since he's fleeing, the money is forfeited.  He just blew a third of a million dollars of his supporters' donated money on a ridiculous and likely-failed attempt to flee to Ecuador.
The Mikado
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2012, 06:54:07 PM »

Anything that befalls Julian Assange he has brought upon himself with his execrable and cowardly behavior. It's not even so much about the fact that he's a sleazy pervert any more as it about his belief that he is above the law and above anybody's moral standards but his own, which seem to run to 'that which gets my dick wet and/or my face in the newspapers'--such theatrically, giving speeches from balconies! Oh, he's a regular Wallenberg. But that isn't what reality is, is it? That's not the reality of the streets or the reality of the Cross or the reality of anything at all except the pathological need to have some sort of hipster messiah to sublimate fantasies of escape that people are too stupid and uncreative to deal with in any way that's actually constructive or does anybody except Julian Assange's penis which can do no wrong any lick of good. This is exactly why I hate the New Left. It's why my own political attitudes have become more, shall we say, antipositivist and, dare I say, YES! in some ways crypto-theocratic over the years, and whatever one may think that that's worth I'm proud of not being a bog standard Chomskyite or Occupy-type if legitimizing this sort of megalomania and obsession with the sad odysseys of entirely justly persecuted slimeballs is what that leads to.

This is truth.  The Left has this horrible infantile tendency to lionize and venerate anyone who fights the same people they dislike, turning that figure into a hero, a saint, and, inevitably and always, a martyr.  The modern hard Left has more hagiography going on than the Venerable Bede published in a lifetime, and you can tell they're hungering for Assange to die a horrible death so they can pin him up with Trotsky and Che Guevara on their "martyrs in the heroic struggle" Tumblr background while continuing to not actually do anything other than talk about their masturbatory fantasies of life "after the revolution," when suddenly scarcity, hunger, and unemployment will magically disappear.  Assange's sins will, nay, must be pardoned, just like the Trotskyites have forgotten the Kronstadt Mutiny when Trotsky murdered the sailors who helped make the Revolution a reality in the first place, because the idea of Assange is more important to them than Assange the man is.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies