Asians surpass Hispanics as largest new immigrant group (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 05:21:12 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Political Geography & Demographics (Moderators: muon2, 100% pro-life no matter what)
  Asians surpass Hispanics as largest new immigrant group (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Asians surpass Hispanics as largest new immigrant group  (Read 4879 times)
hopper
United States

« on: June 22, 2012, 01:57:29 PM »

This makes me insanely happy. I'm trying to think of something meaningful to say, but can't. Oh well. I hope this trend continues, and I hope that we see a shift to the GOP. The poll said that Asians were more likely to place a higher value upon marriage, parenthood, hard work (or something like that) and education- our traditional American values. Seeing their overrepresentation in our elite universities, it's a matter of time before we see overrepresentation in politics, and those values reenter the political dialogue.  Of course, their economic and scientific contributions needn't be mentioned. It wouldn't be a stretch to say Asians may very well save this country by refocusing it on its core values.

It's a shame the GOP's small mindedness prevents them from tapping into this potential base. You'd think Black-Asian antagonism (see Rodney King riots) might push them in that direction... but it's nice to think they're other ways to do that. Alas, they're not likely to be pursued.
Well Asians aren't as big as a population group as Whites or the big population group that Hispanics are going to be in a few more decades. That is probaly why the GOP doesn't put a focus on Asians in elections. I think Asians are socially liberal like Jewish people are thats why they vote Dem.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies