I hate kids....
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 01:43:08 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Off-topic Board (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, The Mikado, YE)
  I hate kids....
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: I hate kids....  (Read 7177 times)
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: June 21, 2012, 12:51:10 PM »

http://foxnewsinsider.com/2012/06/21/karen-klein-the-bus-monitor-mercilessly-bullied-by-middle-schoolers-speaks-out-on-fox-and-friends/

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XAgti_2uziA
There are two people you don't hurt-young children and the elderly. This may be the most angering thing I have seen in my life.
Redalgo
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2012, 01:06:44 PM »

Ya. Kids on a pretty regular basis exemplify the darker aspects of human nature. :<
Phony Moderate
Obamaisdabest
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2012, 01:49:19 PM »

Urgh.
Grumpier Than Thou
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States
Political Matrix
E: -5.29, S: -7.13

« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2012, 02:01:58 PM »

Yeah Tumblr was blowing up over this. This is absolutely disgusting.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.77, S: 3.48

« Reply #4 on: June 21, 2012, 02:06:06 PM »

It speaks not only to the kids, but also the parenting that's going on.  The word R-E-S-P-E-C-T is not taught in homes today.  Today's "parents" try to be best friends with their children, not their parents.  These kids apparently could face charges, which is justified, but the parents should face charges as well for child neglect, neglecting to love them enough to teach them respect for those in authority and respect for themselves.
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.90, S: 4.17

« Reply #5 on: June 21, 2012, 02:59:45 PM »

Children are nothing less than a reflection of the society around them. If society accepts such things and encourage such things between adults, why are we surprised when children act like this? Of course that doesn't absolve the children of what they've done. Bushie is right- just another sign of society's perpetually increasing degeneracy.
Phony Moderate
Obamaisdabest
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #6 on: June 21, 2012, 05:05:12 PM »

It speaks not only to the kids, but also the parenting that's going on.  The word R-E-S-P-E-C-T is not taught in homes today.  Today's "parents" try to be best friends with their children, not their parents.

Oh come on. Quit spewing this repetitive nonsense about how glorious the old days were. When my dad was at high school, a kid physically beat up a teacher while most of his classmates cheered him on. Two other kids got into a fight with each other that involved knives. This was fifty years ago. I'm not saying that respect within society hasn't declined at all in recent decades; it probably has to a degree (and there are numerous reasons for this, not just bad parenting), but you're buying too much into that common myth.
Redalgo
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #7 on: June 21, 2012, 07:32:44 PM »

As opposed to what? A douchebag with a billy club? The school would always be one "incident" away from getting sued by outraged parents. If anything, I'd want to know whether she'd been reporting the harassment and, if so, what the administrators did (if anything) about it. -.-
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #8 on: June 21, 2012, 08:11:37 PM »

I expanded the description of the YouTube clip and it answered my question:

You must be logged in to read this quote.

This description is about what I'd expected. But I'm still confused; I don't understand why a school district would bother employing bus monitors without giving them training in how to deal with children, conflict resolution, etc.
I have a feeling they just hire people to spend money so they wont have to argue for budget reductions-kinda like that Stephan King book Roadwork.

Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #9 on: June 21, 2012, 08:40:05 PM »

I expanded the description of the YouTube clip and it answered my question:

You must be logged in to read this quote.

This description is about what I'd expected. But I'm still confused; I don't understand why a school district would bother employing bus monitors without giving them training in how to deal with children, conflict resolution, etc.
I have a feeling they just hire people to spend money so they wont have to argue for budget reductions-kinda like that Stephan King book Roadwork.

Then why wouldn't they invest in training people as well?
Common sense and local government does not always mix well....

Anyways, one of the kids facebooks has been hacked, and its filled with hate messages. His phone number and address are available. Its gotten out of hand.
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #10 on: June 21, 2012, 09:56:30 PM »

I get the impression a certain former poster who is a resident of Bakersfield, CA was just like these kids at that age.
CLARENCE 2015!
clarence
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #11 on: June 21, 2012, 10:00:12 PM »

I get the impression a certain former poster who is a resident of Bakersfield, CA was just like these kids at that age.
I get the impression a certain poster who is a resident of Minnesota and listens to screamo is like this still
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #12 on: June 21, 2012, 11:49:34 PM »

In my experience humans are at their worst between the ages of 11 and 14.  Peaking at whatever year is their last year before High School.  Hopefully the karma truck hits these pieces of sh**t pretty hard...and soon.  I suspect it will now that this has gone viral.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #13 on: June 22, 2012, 12:43:56 AM »

Well their names are known now, so good luck with the college applications!
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix
E: -7.38, S: -8.36

« Reply #14 on: June 22, 2012, 12:48:30 AM »

Some middle schoolers are bullies? Who could have predicted such a thing?
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #15 on: June 22, 2012, 12:55:51 AM »

I'm sure it's out there, but I don't care enough to dig....is the person filming it doing it for the yuks yuks or so they can show how horrible their classmates are treating this lady?
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #16 on: June 22, 2012, 01:16:55 AM »

I'm sure it's out there, but I don't care enough to dig....is the person filming it doing it for the yuks yuks or so they can show how horrible their classmates are treating this lady?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KdfRHlzWOZk
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #17 on: June 22, 2012, 01:25:14 AM »

Ahhh....so for the yuks yuks, but he wasn't one of the primary asshats.
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #18 on: June 22, 2012, 02:39:39 AM »

Ok, obviously the kids are the monsters here, but what the hell is the point of a "bus monitor" if all they do is sponge abuse?....or is that the point?  So the driver and the unpopular kids take less sh**t from douchebags?  If so, may I suggest we rename them "abuse sponges" to avoid confusion?
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #19 on: June 22, 2012, 02:40:17 AM »

It speaks not only to the kids, but also the parenting that's going on.  The word R-E-S-P-E-C-T is not taught in homes today.  Today's "parents" try to be best friends with their children, not their parents.

Oh come on. Quit spewing this repetitive nonsense about how glorious the old days were. When my dad was at high school, a kid physically beat up a teacher while most of his classmates cheered him on. Two other kids got into a fight with each other that involved knives. This was fifty years ago. I'm not saying that respect within society hasn't declined at all in recent decades; it probably has to a degree (and there are numerous reasons for this, not just bad parenting), but you're buying too much into that common myth.

I totally agree with you.  There are bad apples in the older generation just like there are jewels in the younger generation.  I'm just saying in general it seems like society is on the decline in terms of basic human respect, love, and value.  But, yes, I absolutely agree with you.  The "greatest generation" was full of rotten tomatoes and likewise the "horrible, godless, selfish generation" is full of diamonds, crystals, and sapphires.
HagridOfTheDeep
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -4.35

« Reply #20 on: June 22, 2012, 02:55:52 AM »

I don't think the actions of a couple kids should characterize the whole demographic. Do I agree that respect is slipping as the years go by? Maybe a little bit. But I also think the definitions of respect are evolving... the paramters of acceptable behaviour are expanding.

Also...

While it may be the job of a bus monitor to discipline misbehaviour, I don't think any sort of training can prepare you for that sort of mob mentality. Had it just been one kid, it might be easier to deal with. But when every child around you in participating in this, what can you do? Especially when you've got kids talking about the knives they've got. I doubt there's much she could have done to stop it without escalating the situation even more.
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #21 on: June 22, 2012, 03:39:56 AM »

Well the monitors should have SOME tool or another at their disposal for such situations right?  A cell phone to call the school/bus company/district admin?  I don't think knocking their heads together would be the right move in our over litigious society (even if it would probably be the best thing for everybody involved, especially the little sh**ts), but the monitors, at least it seems to me, should have some tool to prevent or stop this kind of thing.  Kids in that age were and always will be little sh**ts (no, not all of them), but in the past it was curtailed a bit by the fact that random strangers, much less a person in a supposed authority position, could smack random kids around for being little sh**ts in public.  Some time in the last 40 years or so we've turned into a society of "hands off" and "it's not my problem" when it comes to kids.  This is a problem.

(and no this isn't a "kids these days"/GET OFF MY LAWN! kind of thing)
AndrewTX
AndrewCT
Junior Chimp

« Reply #22 on: June 22, 2012, 06:56:56 AM »

I saw that, pretty messed up. I already hated kids though, so it didnt do too much for me.
John Dibble
Atlas Icon
Japan

« Reply #23 on: June 22, 2012, 10:25:44 AM »

This may be the most angering thing I have seen in my life.

While this certainly isn't a good thing, if this is the most angering thing you've seen in your life you haven't seen much of this world's brutality - this is relatively tame compared to the worse things that go on.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #24 on: June 22, 2012, 11:39:52 AM »

This may be the most angering thing I have seen in my life.

While this certainly isn't a good thing, if this is the most angering thing you've seen in your life you haven't seen much of this world's brutality - this is relatively tame compared to the worse things that go on.

True.  The verbal insults and taunting are bad enough, at least there wasn't any physical torture that went on (or that we saw, anyway).  I'm sure if there was, though, the bus driver would have pulled over and smacked these kids around a bit not caring that he or she could be in prison the next day for "physical abuse of a minor".  I'm suprised though that the bus driver didn't radio the school and drive straight back to the school yard and kick these kids off the bus and let the principal deal with them.  The driver, IMO, had every right to do that, because while one is on the bus they are on school property and the bus is an extension of the classroom.
Pages: [1] 2  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies